Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I really love this concept, Alex. Superb job.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I really love this concept, Alex. Superb job.
Thank you very much sir!
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Quick sketch of The Howitzer. A bit of Russian truck, a bit of pickup, a bit of masked weirdo drivers :)

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Started Max over again, progress

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Nice looking WIP there :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Coming along, a bit more meaner with a slight grin. I'll be giving him some teeth as well once the body is finished :)

CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Coming along, a bit more meaner with a slight grin. I'll be giving him some teeth as well once the body is finished :)

He has very tiny and pointy jaw - feminin even (but ugly girl=) with mouth set relatively low or far from nose. Also whole face is set very low on the head, making ears being above eyebrows which goes against rules of anatomicaly correct head proportions of ANY human... male or female...
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Ears are different for everyone. They are usually the most asymmetrical part of the human face. There is no eyebrows on the model yet so maybe you measured wrong. I personally have big ears and they are both slightly above my eyebrows :) The first part is, well, I don't know, you're just pointing out his features?
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

A little color in annnd, he looks pretty ok.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

He's not going to be red :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Ears are different for everyone. They are usually the most asymmetrical part of the human face. There is no eyebrows on the model yet so maybe you measured wrong. I personally have big ears and they are both slightly above my eyebrows :) The first part is, well, I don't know, you're just pointing out his features?
C'mon man ears are different for everybody? Are you kidding me? Don't play the dumb card with me man =D I know you know better than this...

So ofcourse ears are different for everybody, but the general proportions and ratios on human body and head are the same... unless extreme deformation or caricature ...

Oh he has no eyebrows.... Oh yea I'm sorry my bad... they could be anywhere on that head right? How could I know where the little buggers will pop out, right? My god man... =D

I am talking about how to construct anatomycaly correct head I am not "describing his features" geezes man =D Are you trolling me right now? %D

anyways... I said what I came here to say %D
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

CzechDeath wrote:He has very tiny and pointy jaw - feminin even (but ugly girl=) with mouth set relatively low or far from nose.
You just described his features. Use your words when giving critique, don't just say 'he has a pointy jaw', give me a suggestion instead of a description. Say 'do this, and that, can I suggest you do x and y' .

Besides pointing out the ear placement being incorrect what you've just done up there is the same as me looking at a car with big wheels and saying 'huh it has big wheels'. Should it have smaller wheels? Wider? None of that was said, I just pointed out a feature. I can't understand what you're trying to get at if you merely describe the features on the sculpt.

The jaw doesn't look feminine to me, even the original max has a rather narrow face, with some features being a bit softer rather than having a very chiseled 'traditional' male features

I understand the ears thing and have now fixed it (and my personal ears one is higher than the other by quite a lot, as well as the cartilage being busted up from falling when I was small
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

CD, dont make fun of mutant Max Damage, he's got a big beautiful droopy face.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:He has very tiny and pointy jaw - feminin even (but ugly girl=) with mouth set relatively low or far from nose.

You just described his features. Use your words when giving critique, don't just say 'he has a pointy jaw', give me a suggestion instead of a description. Say 'do this, and that, can I suggest you do x and y' .

Besides pointing out the ear placement being incorrect what you've just done up there is the same as me looking at a car with big wheels and saying 'huh it has big wheels'. Should it have smaller wheels? Wider? None of that was said, I just pointed out a feature. I can't understand what you're trying to get at if you merely describe the features on the sculpt.

The jaw doesn't look feminine to me, even the original max has a rather narrow face, with some features being a bit softer rather than having a very chiseled 'traditional' male features

I understand the ears thing and have now fixed it (and my personal ears one is higher than the other by quite a lot, as well as the cartilage being busted up from falling when I was small

heh Okay.... The original max - the red one? from carmageddon one? that one has very prolonged face, also tilted, so that he looks even more evil. so yes the chin and the bottom of the face - which is partially blocked by steering wheel may seem smaller, due to perspective, because it is not traditional front portrait shot.

Your Max should have wider jaw and chin, whole face should be pushed up a bit on that head - the nose is very lean and delicate, males have slightly more massive feathures, the ratio between mouth chin and nose, as for space between those, is more similar to raitos you would observe on females or kids.

I mean I don't want to dictate anything to you... I came to point out what I see is wrong with it, and lettin you to go and do the research and references and discover how it can be improved man. That way it will give you far more, than precise scheme of what to shift where etc. =D
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

The perfect skull according to bloodstability.

------------------------

An actual skull according to wikipedia.

------------------------

Ancient aliens in Carmageddon, illuminati confirmed!
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

CzechDeath wrote:...
Now that I can understand. And I'm not using the max at the steering wheel, I'm using the model from the promo art, the same model that appeared in the splat pack intro for reference as well as other images.
skyNET
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by skyNET »

It would be nice to see you two modders get along with respect instead of snarky comments and seeming jealousy towards each other (and each other's works). I'm saying this without "taking sides", if I'm just deluded and see more behind the posts, feel free to ignore me.

My point of view on the max-face-looks is this (if anyone cares): check how disproportionate characters are in Dishonored or Deus Ex for example (not necessarily the faces). It was a deliberate choice, to make certain attributes stand out more; to suggest more physical strength or agility.

It boils down to: do you want stuff look realistic or artistic? Both are respectable and viable choices, and depends what one wants to use it for.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

skyNET wrote:It would be nice to see you two modders get along with respect instead of snarky comments and seeming jealousy towards each other (and each other's works). I'm saying this without "taking sides", if I'm just deluded and see more behind the posts, feel free to ignore me.

My point of view on the max-face-looks is this (if anyone cares): check how disproportionate characters are in Dishonored or Deus Ex for example (not necessarily the faces). It was a deliberate choice, to make certain attributes stand out more; to suggest more physical strength or agility.

It boils down to: do you want stuff look realistic or artistic? Both are respectable and viable choices, and depends what one wants to use it for.

actually no... There is a difference between incorrect and stylized

dishonored had great stilization as well as for example TF2, where that enormous shoulders in Deus ex are incorrect and I higly doubt it was intencional when I look at the concpets...

The harmony of ratios and proportions is what gives it away.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

We're all getting along here, I was just asking CzechDeath to clarify what he meant :)
skyNET
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by skyNET »

@Czech

I wasn't talking about faces, but hands, shoulders, etc. - then took the liberty of using this as an analogy on faces.

Random image from the nets to show disproportianate hands (just look at them) in Dishonored.

I've read it somewhere that the enormous shoulders, elongated limbs are intentional in Deus Ex. Maybe in the making of video, I'm not making it up.

But again, I'm no artist and by no means am arguing about it, just left my 2 cents here.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Alex's Garage

Post by Razor »

Max looks good, although he could use some lip balm on those dry lips of his.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Razor wrote:Max looks good, although he could use some lip balm on those dry lips of his.
I'll make sure to give him some nice glossy lips ;)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Jesus that's terrifying...
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Moved some stuff around

Toxic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by Toxic »

skyNET wrote:It would be nice to see you two modders get along with respect instead of snarky comments
LET MORTAL KOMBAT BEGIN!!! ;)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Moved some stuff around

Oh yes that is much better ! =) I would pull that nose out a bit to make it little more manly, but even like this the progress is wonderfull great job!

Can't wait to see him with all the ear rings =D
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I don't think I'll be adding more earrings, maybe one or two on the left ear but that's about as much as I like. The skull earring and the knee pad is already been done on the original so I'll be doing a different outfit and jewelry :)
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

Heeey, nice job on the edit, that looks a whole lot better!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Alex's Garage

Post by Razor »

Still looking good, Blood.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Razor wrote:Still looking good, Blood.
Much appreciated, the body is coming along as well :)
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Alex's Garage

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hai bloods new identity,

Im liking the max head, Im glad you made changes to the jaw to make it more manly, I had female characters with wider jaws :P

Its actully looking really cool now, tho its more of a Serius 'badassish' max rather than the one that fits carma stupididty, Were you aiming for a more serius character here?

So glad ya changed the jaw tho, I dident say anything but the first pics you posted reminded me of.....

Spoiler:

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I'm not really aiming for a more serious character, but for the purposes of rigging I'm giving him a bit more of a neutral expression. Once mouth and teeth are in I should be able to make him pull stupid faces for everyone to have a good laugh at :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Definitely looking good. Nice detailing with the scars & marks as well.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks Mike, body progressing as well! He's been working out a bit since the last attempt.

Check who’s online