Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

More opponants

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
jvoid32
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by jvoid32 »

are you tired of only like 5 opponants that are easy to kill in the first few levels of the game carmageddon 2? Well you can edit RACES.txt to make more opponants (max i could get to work was 15) ill show you what race 0 looks like. // number of opponents, on yours should be -1, mine is 15.People say max is 29, but it crashed on me every time, but I am playing it on Windows 7 34bit. you can scroll down in your RACES.txt and you will see Race 1 do this for every one (besides the missionas you have to do) The missions will have //Mission\\ over it... enjoy the carnage!

// ====== GROUP 1 ======

// Race 0

NICE BEAVER

NEWCITY1.TXT // Text file name

NotDoneYet // Name of interface element

15 // Number of opponents (-1 = use default)

0 // Number of explicit opponents

-1 // Opponent nastiness level (-1 = use default)

-1 // Powerup exclusions

0 // Disable time awards

0 // Boundary race (mission)

0 // Race type (0 = Carma1, 1 = Cars, 2 = Peds, 3 = Checkpoints, 4 = Smash)

120,90,60 // Initial timer count for each skill level

4 // # laps

20000,10000,5000 // Race completed bonus (all laps raced) for each skill level

75000,50000,30000 // Race completed bonus (all peds killed) for each skill level

20000,10000,5000 // Race completed bonus (all oppos wasted) for each skill level

// Race description

LOCATION: BEAVER CITY @R LAPS: @L @R CHECKPOINTS: 4 @R OPPONENTS: @O @R RACE, WRECK OR WREAK HAVOC AMONGST THE ZOMBIE HORDES... THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

0 // Expansion
juozas
hit n run

More opponants

Post by juozas »

Well I tested that on my system I could have 17 or so w/o overflow,

up to 28 will wreck up laps to negative, 29 will overflow time, 30 will crash.

so safe can be 28 or 17 if you care about laps :D
Сделано в СССР
jvoid32
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by jvoid32 »

Yea, but i didn't try the ones in between, i just tried 28 and 29, so i just used 15
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

More opponants

Post by Razor »

I tested this with my DD:RAW mod. If you're around the 22 - 25 mark you're relatively safe, anything above that and the game will go into some major slowdown. 30 or more and you'll probably get crashes.

It also depends on the complexity of the vehicles too.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Fireman
motorised death

More opponants

Post by Fireman »

Posted this and accidentally made a new topic for it because I couldn't find this one anymore. It shows what 29 opponents do.
Fireman
motorised death

More opponants

Post by Fireman »

So I've been wondering about this.

Does amount of vehicles have to do with amount of spawnpoints maps have? Like when I used 26+ in Home Sweet Groan, cars would spawn on top of buildings.

When I put in 26+ cars in Airpain 3, game would crash.
zonestarx
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by zonestarx »

Not to bring this back from the dead, but I can't get this. I go into the folder, the races.txt but I can't read these txt files to edit them? How do people edit these for more opponents?
FatCat
mindless

More opponants

Post by FatCat »

... how hard would it be for me to do this in C:R?
Fuel
speed freak

More opponants

Post by Fuel »

zonestarx wrote:Not to bring this back from the dead, but I can't get this. I go into the folder, the races.txt but I can't read these txt files to edit them? How do people edit these for more opponents?
You can't read the .txt files how? Have you unpacked the data.twt file first because that's where the races.txt file comes from. Use the program carstockalypse and that'll do it for you automatically.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

More opponants

Post by Errol »

I'd imagine zonestarx is talking about C1 rather than C2 as the txts in C1 are encrypted by default. zonestarx, fire up the game and type "IWANTTOFIDDLE" and it should decrypt all your txt files.

FatCat, I'd put it somewhere between non-trivial and possibly-impossible.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
zonestarx
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by zonestarx »

Damn I meant twt file, not text file sorry. I can't read the twt file. how do I get it to text file. I am on C2 btw
Fuel
speed freak

More opponants

Post by Fuel »

Fuel wrote:
zonestarx wrote:Not to bring this back from the dead, but I can't get this. I go into the folder, the races.txt but I can't read these txt files to edit them? How do people edit these for more opponents?

You can't read the .txt files how? Have you unpacked the data.twt file first because that's where the races.txt file comes from. Use the program carstockalypse and that'll do it for you automatically.

Bolded and underlined for your convenience. You can get carstockalypse here
zonestarx
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by zonestarx »

I did get that, seems to be for adding new cars? I just want to read the twt file under races.twt so I can add the number of opponents from say 5 to 15.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

More opponants

Post by Errol »

There isn't a races.twt? There is a races.txt inside data.twt
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
zonestarx
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by zonestarx »

Errol
Toxic Ranger

More opponants

Post by Errol »

Ah, ok. Those are the actual maps, not the file you need to edit to add more opponents to a race.

In your first screenshot, right at the bottom, you see that data.twt file? That is the file you need to unpack. There are a handful of tools you can use to achieve this. Carstockalypse, as suggested earlier, can automatically unpack the data.twt file for you. Or you can use TWTSuite (available here). Once you've unpacked data.twt into the same folder, just rename it (data.twat for instance) so C2 will use the unpacked files instead.

You should now have a lovely races.txt file
zonestarx
pedestrian

More opponants

Post by zonestarx »

Thanks for the help, I seem to just be lost lol. I need like a video walkthrough. Appreciate the help from everyone! Sorry to bring this thread back to life!

Check who’s online