Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

heya purple44, that menu came up before the patch and i have tryed it with other cars i might just have to verify the files to make the menu work, but the reverse tracks are a small thing to me, but if i could modify the car then it would be much better.

The Thing about the wheel on the pc i dont have one, i could do it though a ps2 pc usb joypad, but id rather stay away from controllers if i can help it.

edit, I just got back into the game, and the only menu that works is the red icon i thought that was only the one thing and not all of the counters but thanks for showing me again that i needed to check :P
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

starting to really dig how NCG is coming along personally, the handling model is quite daft and the cars drift for no reason, also the keyboard and mouse controls are quite sloppy compared to analogue, but despite all that, it's shaping up nicely.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Here some screenshots players are taking with the new camera mode in Build #3. You can pause the action and then free roam with camera to fine the prefect pic.

The all-awesome screenshot thread

Tip - Right click pic, then View Image to get pic to fit inside your browser window.

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

once they add better ai and more tracks this feature if they keep it will totally be blown out of the water, i havent seen any of those shots before but the first one is totally kick ass :)
drunkenmastamanne666
hit n run

Post by drunkenmastamanne666 »

gotta love those cars, especially the caprice looking car and fiat 850 looking one.
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

drunkenmastamanne666 wrote:gotta love those cars, especially the caprice looking car and fiat 850 looking one.
they drive near exactly like they look, too, the european one is squirrely as all hell to the point of being undriveable and light enough to be quite the liability, the penis-mobile american two seater is... well.. a classic american penis mobile two seater, only really turns under use of the handbrake, accelerates too fast for it's own good and is more tail happy than a whole block of illegal immigrants, the big four door american sedan is slow and heavy, doesn't turn for shit, but makes a nice brick to throw.

at least they're getting that right.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Just need to be easy on giving the euro car the gas. Give Euro car the gas to fast, you spin the tires and do a doughnut. I won the reverse dirt track today with Euro car and the right upgrades. ;)
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

Purple44 wrote:Just need to be easy on giving the euro car the gas. Give Euro car the gas to fast, you spin the tires and do a doughnut. I won the reverse dirt track today with Euro car and the right upgrades. ;)
oh i'm positive it's driveable, i just didn't have the fucks to give yet. try winning a race with the american four door, for what it's worth, such shit turning.
drunkenmastamanne666
hit n run

Post by drunkenmastamanne666 »

And they look like them too:

Fiat 850

Chevrolet Caprice
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Too-DAMN-Much wrote:
Purple44 wrote:Just need to be easy on giving the euro car the gas. Give Euro car the gas to fast, you spin the tires and do a doughnut. I won the reverse dirt track today with Euro car and the right upgrades. ;)

oh i'm positive it's driveable, i just didn't have the fucks to give yet. try winning a race with the american four door, for what it's worth, such shit turning.

I use a DFGT wheel, curious to know what controller you are using? Bugbear in last update, bugger up the pad where the turning of the tires is to slow, so guys having trouble turning into the turns.
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

Purple44 wrote:I use a DFGT wheel, curious to know what controller you are using? Bugbear in last update, bugger up the pad where the turning of the tires is to slow, so guys having trouble turning into the turns.
KBAM.

i should clarify, it doesn't turn at all - at speed - is the slightly more informative way to word that now that i think about it, you have to handbrake around every turn with the caprice-alike it seems and sadly the damn thing is so heavy that if you try to use the 2 seater classic beater you'll likely not live long enough to finish.

whoever puts a fist on wheels, give that man a cookie!
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Too-DAMN-Much wrote:
Purple44 wrote:I use a DFGT wheel, curious to know what controller you are using? Bugbear in last update, bugger up the pad where the turning of the tires is to slow, so guys having trouble turning into the turns.

KBAM.

i should clarify, it doesn't turn at all - at speed - is the slightly more informative way to word that now that i think about it, you have to handbrake around every turn with the caprice-alike it seems and sadly the damn thing is so heavy that if you try to use the 2 seater classic beater you'll likely not live long enough to finish.

After reading your post, I had to go give the sedan a try on the dirt and tarmac tracks. I did a video of the 2 races. Sedan had no upgrades and I did not use handbrake on any turns. I did have to tap the brakes on the sharper turns to get rearend to come around. Look like stock sedan a little to slow to win the race, but no AI car going to knock you off the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4Vjm9s5B8&list=UUjiX5DrmirAkA2fTu9VaRkQ&feature=c4-overview
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

Purple44 wrote:
Too-DAMN-Much wrote:

KBAM.

After reading your post, I had to go give the sedan a try on the dirt and tarmac tracks. I did a video of the 2 races. Sedan had no upgrades and I did not use handbrake on any turns. I did have to tap the brakes on the sharper turns to get rearend to come around. Look like stock sedan a little to slow to win the race, but no AI car going to knock you off the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4Vjm9s5B8&list=UUjiX5DrmirAkA2fTu9VaRkQ&feature=c4-overview

ummm... first of all you realize top 5 isn't a win, right? you missed the podium by one spot, at least you managed second loser on tarmac, though.

maybe because you used the stock engine, i've been using the stage two for all the cars as well as the appropriate tires for each race, but more what i was getting at is the american muscle car gets ruined a lot easier with that big brute around.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

If you can win a race with any the stock cars ( no upgrades )in build #3 from back of the start grid, you damn good driver or got real lucky. :P
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

you act like it's difficult. :P

the two seater i've had a handful of podium finishes with, got second due to a lucky crash once or twice too, stayed up late practicing.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

A repost fom Bugbear's Weekly Report (Mar 08) thread:

A community screenshot by SensenM4nn.
Another busy week down! The development of the title is rolling on at a steady pace on many fronts. A majority of our coding team has been concentrating on developing our engine, while the level and art teams have been creating – you guessed it – new cars and tracks. We’re going to give you a teaser of those when we have a bit more to show, but this time we’re going to talk a bit about the forthcoming replay feature as well as a few common issues our community has encountered with the game.

Like said, the first iteration of our replay feature is now almost completed. Jani has been working on it for some weeks now, and he’s managed to pack in some pretty neat features. The way it works is that it will record the whole event, and afterwards you can simply let the replay roll and watch the whole barrage of twisted metal again in different camera perspectives or even in your custom one by using the free camera functionality. It will also feature time controls (slowing down and speeding up for those cool slow-motion shots), camera lock to target car (follow), target switching, pause and resume, as well as depth-of-field and field-of-view settings. In short, all the tools you might need to create your perfect cinematic video!

We also have some great news to those using multiple controllers to play the game, for example separate wheels and pedals. Currently the game only supports single controller at a time, and while that is of course not a problem if you use a wheel and pedals from the same set by plugging the pedals directly to the wheel, it makes it impossible plug both the wheel and the pedals directly to the system via an USB connection. Thanks to Tapio all that will change with the next update, after which the game will support multiple simultaneous controllers. The next update will contain quite a few other controller support improvements as well; complete details when the update is out.

A community screenshot by Conte Zero.
Speaking of controllers, quite a few of you have voiced your concern that the handling is currently too sluggish with a gamepad, taking away much of the fun. We’re glad to let you know that we agree with you, and we’ve been working this week to improve the situation. The reason why we introduced slower steering rate in the first place was to make the cars easier to control without any driving assists by preventing the player from making too drastic countersteering measures to combat fishtailing, but now in retrospect it does seem like we jumped the gun and made a too hasty decision on how to improve the situation. We’re of course still working on the handling (probably will be all the way until the end!), but we’re confident that we’ll be back on track with the next update, and we’re already really looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Oh, and before I forget: we’ve also received quite a lot of feedback that the AI controlled cars have too little mass in player vs. AI collisions, making it possible for the player to plow through scores of AI opponents without too much difficulty. We’ve heard you, and there’s an improvement coming for that too in the next build.

That covers the most important news, but we still have a little treat for the end. A talented YouTube user jaimswallace has produced an amazing cinematic trailer for Next Car Game, and what’s even more amazing is that he did it without the forthcoming replay feature! If you haven’t already done so, check out jaimswallace’s video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=188j9uV4LvU and don’t forget to subscribe for more explosive action!

Thanks to everyone for thoughtful feedback, we really appreciate it.

Janne Suur-Näkki, game designer

Be sure to checkout jaimswallace great video. :)
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

duude, those devs are cool. :D
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Pruple44 Thanks again for reposting the newest update from the dev's That youtube video Rocked Soo hard it makes me wanta play carma that much more :P.

But i wonder if its just going to be like player be tank and rampage though lots of cars next update lol. We can only wait :P
pmk
pedestrian

Post by pmk »

i just played the early access for 3 hours all maps all cars and then i got into next car game and i thought to myself This is how a road should look like, this is how damage should look like, grass, textures, tiremarks, next car game looks just like i wished carma would look at the technical level.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

A new weekly report got posted today. Report got delayed last week because Bugbear Dev Ben was out with bronchitis.

Dev Update (Apr 4)

Here some pics from post:

The smaller derby stadium (check out our new driver!)

New 3D spectator pic.

Because a lot of the Bugbear Devs were sick last week or 2, Build #4 been delayed until next week.

Janne Suur-Näkki wrote:
Sorry to keep your folks waiting, we know that you're all anxious to get your hands on the new build. We were really hopeful that we'd get to roll out the update this week but since we still have quite a few loose ends I'm afraid we won' t be able to get it out until sometime next week. The update will not be 'major' in the sense that there would be a lot of new content, instead it will mostly contain improvements and bug fixes on what we already have (that said, improved handling is in!), with the more significant changes being rolled out at a later date. I know quite a few of you are looking forward to improved damage system, more complete car upgrading and proper scoring among other exciting features, but they take quite a bit of time to implement right and for the most part they cannot be implemented in small steps at a time in order to make sure that the build remains functional and playable. Needless to say, we are working on the above mentioned features among other stuff, and they will be implemented in the public build as soon as we're satisfied that everything's working like we want.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear release new Build #4 yesterday and posted a new update:

Update #3 2014-04-17

It’s time for a SANDPIT SHAKEDOWN! The latest update of NEXT CAR GAME is here, and it will see you transported right back to where it all started from: a good, old-fashioned sandpit! That’s right folks, the update contains a new sandpit race track very much like the ones you’ve all learned to love from our previous games. The classic sandpit environment with its sweeping corners, hefty hillocks and treacherous sand banks is admittedly one of the greatest fan-favorites, and the latest incarnation, albeit still very much work-in-progress, is guaranteed to make a perfect setting for some serious, no-holds-barred racing.

The update also contains a new replay mode that makes it possible to watch the whole glorious race again from every imaginable perspective. Naturally we’ve also included all the usual goodies such as depth-of-field, slow motion and fast forward, target locking, selectable field-of-view, and so on. The user interface will see a complete rework later down the road, but even now there’s no reason to make the best crashtastic video ever and share it with the whole world!

Other than that the update features two new derby stadiums as well as a number of improvements, many of which were done based on community feedback. One of the most significant additions is the support for more than one simultaneous controller, so now you can finally drive like a boss with separate wheels and pedals. Also, the suspension and tire physics have been enhanced, and as a result the handling feels more natural than ever. We’ve also increased the responsiveness of the gamepad controls, as requested by many.

Needless to say, the update also contains an ample amount of other improvements and fixes. Please see below for the most significant changes:

Was surprise to learn this about the new sandpit track: :o

Ben >>>
Adenru >>>

Going uphil in sandpit I couldn't but noticed I raced there yesterday... In FlatOut 1. The beginning also reminds me of prototype.

Track feels exactly like FlatOut should be.

A lot of people really liked the prototype track and since it wasn't in Flatout we were free to use it. So it actually is the prototype track but enhanced for our newer engine. We'll be improving on it still and it's only a work in progress at this point.

Bugbear goes "retro flat-out" - prototype track

Here some pics I took with the replay feature: :)

Here a pic of what a more advance GUI will look like for NCG replay feature ( the pic is long so I posted a link instead ):

images/imgur-bckp/r446TAl.jpg

If you have not pre-ordered Next Car Game yet and news about Build #4 has got you interested, Bugbear got an Easter Holiday Steam sale going on right now ( 33% off ):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

Or you still can pre-order NCG at Bugbear site and give them some extra support:

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

The small mini car that newest car so long as you keep the weak little engine then the car can handle just fine, I think they put auto correcting on the cars for when you turn on your side and flip and things so you always mostly land on your wheels.

The newest sand dirt level is hard as all F. Anyways was good for about 10 mins then i gave up for yet another update that could be another 3 months away lol
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

I got 3rd with the euro car after a few tries on the Sandpit track. I use a wheel and all assists off.

But if you are a pad user, you might want to try this:

Tero wrote:
Try putting Anti-Spin to HALF. Currently for some reason Anti-Spin OFF completely breaks the handling. There is no way to countersteer the car if it starts to spin if you have Anti-Spin on OFF position. :-\ Traction Control and ABS can still be OFF.

Traction Control OFF

Anti-Spin HALF

ABS OFF

Tero wrote:
It seems that the handling was tuned by accident with Anti-Spin HALF and not OFF like it should have been. Human error. We of course aim for handling being perfectly fine and fun even with everything OFF but for now I suggest you try it with Anti-Spin HALF since it seems that's how it's supposed to work for now.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I might try that later thanks for the feedback on that track but all the bumps in it, all i really can say for it was that the use of the deep banks and whatnot around the track really made it awsume. However I find the AI dieing far too easily on this track as they seem to want to commit suicide by running into trees lol.

Good O..
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

LOL, what can i say, But Loosers lol, I hate playing pad' for car games but then again kiddies lol
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear release a new hotfix patch for Next Car Game Friday. Patch fix the problems pad players have been having since Build #3. Pad players are now happy and enjoying the new Sandpit track.

Reverse Sandpit track -video

Oh the carnage of a wicked T-bone hit!! - video

Edit: Just found this: :O
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

New post from Bugbear Dev:

Got Multiplayer?

Janne Suur-Näkki >>>

We're developing the multiplayer component as we speak, but since there are still quite a lot of loose ends I'm afraid we can't give a definite release window just yet. It's more or less the case of 'when it's done', i.e. when we're happy with the features and feel that it's robust enough for you folks to test. But sure enough, it's coming.

Like Purple remembered, we were indeed doing some multiplayer testing last year, but that was with our previous technology that we decided to scrap altogether as it turned out to be too unreliable and write a new, shiny one just to prevent the connectivity issues mentioned in this thread. Like said, multiplayer is one of the most important features of the game, if not the most important, and we really want to get it right.

Would this new code mean more than 12 players online??

Here another pic from the The all-awesome screenshot thread:

Link to full size image - http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577894330782451703/F661D204D74D4726ADB971124D5ADC72C0980D05/

Another thread worth checking out is NCG Video Thread [Youtube] with new videos being done with the new replay feature in Build #4. 8)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Thanks again for the new update there purple44, im sure we will look forward to whatever they release next :)
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Man, I so wonder how can this game have so much damage happening on screen and so many parts flying out of cars while also having such high poly high res great looking cars with epic shaders and dynamic cubemaps without lagging whatsoever, while Stainless is struggling so bad to keep the frame rate above 10 when a car starts getting seriously damaged.

Clearly the massive advantage seems to be in the physics code...
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

I just watch this new video a couple of times now. I think it worth watching. :)

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Mr.Deviance wrote:Man, I so wonder how can this game have so much damage happening on screen and so many parts flying out of cars while also having such high poly high res great looking cars with epic shaders and dynamic cubemaps without lagging whatsoever, while Stainless is struggling so bad to keep the frame rate above 10 when a car starts getting seriously damaged.

Clearly the massive advantage seems to be in the physics code...
Well, C:R also has a looot of pedestrians all over the map walking around, it's very cpu-heavy. You dont just have a backdrop and some simple cylinders and box physics going on, there's much much more.

I'm pretty sure that the game will also get optimised a bunch before release, dont you worry too much about that.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

c:R does things totally differently to NCG and you said it just with that. But Purple thanks for the vid, Nicely shown off, However I wish the AI would stop being as stupid as it is and die about 50% of the cars just because it can.

Still waiting to see something really sweet come from this game, As for the smaller aren's and the dirt derby smash em up tracks, Something else needs to hold over my game for this.

Anyways till Purple so kindly lets us know whats in the next update :)
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

I would think Bugbear will have a difficult setting for career mode. Like from easy to hard AI setting. If pick hard then most the AI would race better than what ya saw in the video. But there always going to be a Frank AI or 2. ( Frank from Flatout series )
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I played flatout to much back when it was hot. but Frank? anyways, I think the races they have put in the game atm would only account for like 1 or 2 races, the rest are like game play modes where you can choose just to kill others or try and get wrecked with out trying lol.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

lemonrev wrote:I played flatout to much back when it was hot. but Frank? anyways,
You do not remember Frank Malcov?

http://flatout.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Malcov

Driving Style

Frank Malcov is a lower-tier and may be the overall poorest driver of the lot, usually placing in the bottom 3 in races, However in derbies, he is the best of the bunch - usually places in 1st or the top 3. Malcov tends to drive slower 4WD vehicles with a lot of strength. Inside the derby matches the best way to destroy him is finding the sweet spot. Which is mostly (what a coincidence) is in the rear area. The softest spot is located in the back-left corner. use boost and ram right there to greatly decrease his health.

In the Bugbear forum we have talk about if the drivers in NCG will have "personalities" like we saw in Flatout. So far, Bugbear been mum about this. But you watch the AI cars in NCG, some AI drive better than others.

And when we did the AI mod for Flatout 2, Shadow saw the different character settings for the AI. I don't know if Bugbear would take the time to do 23 different AI characters for NCG thou.

Check who’s online