Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
SapoPT
hit n run

Post by SapoPT »

There is a last survivor wins mode =)
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

SapoPT wrote:There is a last survivor wins mode =)
Great!
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Lutz G wrote:

Great!

There last man standing mode and deathmatch where you can respawn your car.

I believe in last man standing mode, points play a roll in who wins online. If you go hide in a corner to save your car ( sandbagger ) and take out the last guy running, I believe the guy you took out will still win because of points.

Flatout 2 did this and from what I have seen in the results screen, Wreckfest does it too.

Here a guy with the euro car online trying to race with the big cars on the oval track with 24 players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qFnz7WBa7IM
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Purple44 wrote:
Lutz G wrote:

Great!

There last man standing mode and deathmatch where you can respawn your car.

I believe in last man standing mode, points play a roll in who wins online. If you go hide in a corner to save your car ( sandbagger ) and take out the last guy running, I believe the guy you took out will still win because of points.

Is there a no respawning and no points option in last man standing multiplayer?
copmac
hit n run

Post by copmac »

the latest patch fucks ups the damage points.

Meaning, small icon displayed critical damage while visual there is nothing to see.

On hit your car is wrecked and no visible damage. :-( this wasn't the case 1 update before.

It really sucks. They fixed it before broke it again :-(
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

My best race so far - soooo much fun :D

watch in the new youtube mode 1080p60 - 60 fps
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

More multiplayer wreckfest :D

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Multiplayer Crash Compilation...

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Lutz, those are some great videos! Do you know if bugbear is comfortable with eventually letting their fanbase mod the game? =D
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

FatCat wrote:Lutz, those are some great videos! Do you know if bugbear is comfortable with eventually letting their fanbase mod the game? =D
Thx :) - I'm still a Next Car Game rookie - don't know any details about modding - interesting question...
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

FatCat wrote:Lutz, those are some great videos! Do you know if bugbear is comfortable with eventually letting their fanbase mod the game? =D
Here some posts from Bugbear Devs:

Joonas Laakso wrote: September 03, 2013

We are well aware of the modding popularity of our earlier games and fully intend to replicate that with NCG. How it's going to work, exactly, is still being discussed.
Track editor

Janne Suur-Näkki wrote: August 30, 2013

If you mean an in-game track editor, as much as we'd love to do it is highly unlikely due to the nature of how the tracks are constructed. That said, modding tools to create your own tracks with third-party applications are something that we're considering.
Janne Suur-Näkki wrote: September 04, 2013

Thanks, great to know the community is as enthusiastic about the project as we are.

We'll get back on the topic of modding later when we are ready to share more specific information with you, but make no mistake about, we are serious about supporting it.

We did figure out how to change the base color of the car skins. I got me a purple skin now. :) ( Build #6 came with the Wreckfest game files unpacked )

AI Skins "fixed?"

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Dood, i'm so glad those devs want to support modding, that game needs a hot rod and a pickup truck =D
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

samonia wrote:Even if the Kickstarter "fails" the game will still get made. People who are pledging via Kickstarter should just go to the Next Car Game website and pledge there if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded.

Umm... Samonia you are bit late. Kickstarter allready failed and they released it on Steam.
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

KakkaHousu wrote:
samonia wrote:Even if the Kickstarter "fails" the game will still get made. People who are pledging via Kickstarter should just go to the Next Car Game website and pledge there if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded.

Umm... Samonia you are bit late. Kickstarter allready failed and they released it on Steam.

It's a random copy/paste of someone else's comment a lot earlier in the thread. Probably a bot.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

You are propably right.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Here are screenshots from upcoming update for WF.

Janne Suur-Näkki wrote:Simply a few screens with us playing around with the foliage. Note that currently you need pretty hefty hardware to run the game with such a great amount of foliage -- pending optimization, of course ;-)

Thanks for your understanding and patience regarding the progress of our game. As has been stated before we're a pretty small team and we have had (and still do to some extent) pretty tall challenges simply because we do not want this game to end up being just another garden-variety racer. In that sense it's only natural that we've so far mostly focused on the driving and crashing physics because those are really the meat of our game, by which it will be measured and remembered when we're done. Yep, we're still not done with them at all, but in future you will see more progress in the other areas of the game as well when we can afford to divert our resources. For example, to tell you a little secret here and now, we have a proper PBR shader in the works...

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

KakkaHousu wrote:Here are screenshots from upcoming update for WF.

Janne Suur-Näkki wrote:Simply a few screens with us playing around with the foliage. Note that currently you need pretty hefty hardware to run the game with such a great amount of foliage -- pending optimization, of course ;-)

Thanks for your understanding and patience regarding the progress of our game. As has been stated before we're a pretty small team and we have had (and still do to some extent) pretty tall challenges simply because we do not want this game to end up being just another garden-variety racer. In that sense it's only natural that we've so far mostly focused on the driving and crashing physics because those are really the meat of our game, by which it will be measured and remembered when we're done. Yep, we're still not done with them at all, but in future you will see more progress in the other areas of the game as well when we can afford to divert our resources. For example, to tell you a little secret here and now, we have a proper PBR shader in the works...

Looks great! Release date of the update?
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Early next year.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

On steam and in emails for the people who own the game.

We're pleased to announce that the next update of Wreckfest is scheduled for this month, and it will mark an important milestone for our game. In the update we will be introducing our completely new tire and suspension simulation model that will provide for a much more immersive driving experience on both tarmac and sand. The update will also feature our next-generation DirectX 11 rendering engine that will make it possible to faithfully recreate realistic environments with advanced physically based materials and lighting (PBR).

Since we've been working hard with the physics and rendering features of the game this update will not contain much new content, but as a teaser of the great things to come the update will ship with the first iteration of the reworked Sandpit track to give you a glimpse of the level of quality and realism we're striving for with our next-generation environments. Not only that, but you will also get a chance to experience an early version of a new oval track that we have in production. Since the new tracks would be nothing without new toys to race around with, we'll be including two new cars as well. Both of them are still heavily in progress, mind you, but nonetheless you will get to take them for an early test drive. Needless to say, the update will also contain a huge number of other added features and improvements, many of which have been requested by you, our dear players and supporters.

As it is so often, when one journey ends another begins. The next update is a first, important step in realizing our dream for Wreckfest. Now with most of the heavy lifting done on the physics and rendering department of the game our development team will be working full-steam on new good stuff to come in the next months: a whole lot of new cars, new tracks, car customization, modding support as well as other features and content that in end will make Wreckfest THE definite game for anyone looking for rough, no-holds-barred racing experience.

A full changelist will be available with the update, but here are the most important changes:

New simulator-grade physics engine with advanced tire and suspension geometry simulation.

New DirectX 11 rendering engine with realistic physically based materials and lighting.

64-bit operating system support for optimal performance on modern computer systems.

Hardware MSAA anti-aliasing with advanced foliage transparency antialiasing.

Dedicated server for optimized multiplayer performance with command-line and remote configuration features.

Steam leaderboards and player statistics for tracking and comparing performance with other players.

Support for changing the track and the car in lobby as well as adding bots to multiplayer events.

New game modes Team Race and Elimination Race, guaranteed to provide explosive racing action for 2-4 teams.

One new track and another one completely overhauled.

Two new cars, an American and a European one.

As always, thank you for your enthusiasm, dedication and support. See you on the track!

Also check some of the screenshots of the detail in the cars on the main forum, Just stunning :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Engines in the cars cool
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Apparently the new update will be released Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I want more tracks :P
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I want more tracks :P
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

lemonrev wrote:I want more tracks :P

One new track and another one completely overhauled.

Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Bugbear gave us some holiday cheer today. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/allnews/

Now that Bugbear over the hump getting the new physics to play nice in Wreckfest, development pace starting to pickup. Should be a busy year in 2016 for new content, cars and tracks. :)

We were hoping to see a new car before Christmas, but Bugbear ran out of time. Maybe see a new car or 2 in January. ;)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8471.0.html post #26

Janne Suur-Näkki wrote:

Jake97

Sure! We have a couple of new cars in production but just couldn't get either of them to a presentable shape before the holidays.

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Purple44 long time no see, The game is coming along quite nicely however i think the game needs more tracks certainly but also maybe a way to repair items that you can not do atm, i know you can buy things and place them on the car but its not a nice menu for doing so,

Upgrading a car seems to be the quickest way to go from small car to the big heavy cars.

I think the newest update i have not tried just yet i have it installed however. And i have not got that 2.0 demo installed which they said they updated as well.

Anyways i hope your right about 2016 :P
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

lemonrev wrote:Purple44 long time no see, The game is coming along quite nicely however i think the game needs more tracks certainly but also maybe a way to repair items that you can not do atm, i know you can buy things and place them on the car but its not a nice menu for doing so,

Upgrading a car seems to be the quickest way to go from small car to the big heavy cars.

I think the newest update i have not tried just yet i have it installed however. And i have not got that 2.0 demo installed which they said they updated as well.

Anyways i hope your right about 2016 :P

Financially, I'm thinking Bugbear going to need to get to at least beta stage by the end of 2016. Until Bugbear can release the final version of Wreckfest, they won't be getting another big shot of $$ like they did in first couple of months when Next Car Game went live on Steam last year.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Well a lot of people including my self got pissed off at that fact there was so little communications coming out from that company that made a lot of people start to dis the game it self even though it still has a really high level if destruction even today it still does.

If they can keep releasing tracks and game play elements to the game then i think they might have a chance but certainly they will no longer get that big wad of cash anymore because of people just walking away from the game,

Every time theres a small update i play it for a tiny bit then play my other games, There's still a lot to the game that needs to be there. Lets just cross our fingers for 2016 :)
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Been trying to get some rank 1's in on several tracks, but C2S is way too good for me.

Got into some top 10's so that's cool and a rank 2 with Class C, but guess who's above me there? C2S!

Hope I'm not assuming wrongly that that C2S is the one we all know and love from the Carmageddon community.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Fireman wrote:Hope I'm not assuming wrongly that that C2S is the one we all know and love from the Carmageddon community.
I think he is same person. There is C2S in BB community who talked about how Errol always starts many projects at same time and then rejects most of them.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I think so as well, since he already did bad-ass times on Carmageddon laps as well and I couldn't come up with another meaning for C2S.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

There's only one C2S.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

There can be only one!

I haven't seen you in any Top 10's Toshiba, you slacking? :P
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

The Destruction Derby mod for this game is really cool, any of you tried it?

Harmalarm's work for DD2C2 stuff was used to make it;

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Thanks Fireman, No i have not seen that mod, But it looks and feels much like one of the levels in Destruction Derby.

Its sad when we see community actually making extra things before the game releases its next big patch.

Any news on where the game is at ?.

Check who’s online