Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Wreckfest sounds like Breakfast =D
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Why the flying fuck would anyone want to play this worthless rehash of outdated shit when they could play C:R instead?
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Freeride Forever wrote:Why the flying fuck would anyone want to play this worthless rehash of outdated shit when they could play C:R instead?
Because its a decent game?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Freeride Forever wrote:Why the flying fuck would anyone want to play this worthless rehash of outdated shit when they could play C:R instead?
Because they are entirely different types of car games? You can play both, you know. Flatout was a classic racing game and NCG is made by the original team who lost the rights to the series which had other developers making later versions, so calling it a "worthless rehash of outdated shit" is a bit like throwing stones in a glass house. Some NCG fans probably think the same about C:R.
a.k.a. Brent
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Trent wrote: You can play both, you know.
You can play both, you know.

Do you get the message now, Freeride, or do i need to repeat it again for you?
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Trent, I'm surprised to see you support NCG. Most times when somebody compare NCG to Carmageddon you are most enthusiastic to prove him claims wrong. I allready thought you hate NCG if not as a game atleast because repeatedly you need to dispute differences of these games. Why C:R runs worse than NCG, why deformation looks different etc.

Fatty, Breakfast is allready mocking name of the game in BB's forums.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

KakkaHousu wrote:Trent, I'm surprised to see you support NCG. Most times when somebody compare NCG to Carmageddon you are most enthusiastic to prove him claims wrong. I allready thought you hate NCG if not as a game atleast because repeatedly you need to dispute differences of these games. Why C:R runs worse than NCG, why deformation looks different etc.
No, I do like the game and I loved Flatout back in the day. When someone posts ignorant comments comparing the performance of the two games or raging about how much better NCG's destruction is, my replies are objective explanations about the technical facts of the two games, whether I like either if them is irrelevant to such a discussion. I only reply to people who post on the subject, I don't just slag off NCG or starting arguments about which is better, so no hate here.
a.k.a. Brent
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

For some reason I never actually played the flatout games originally. I did buy NCG a while ago. I realise it's still in early access but I just don't get a good feel for the game. It's just.. incredibly boring and frankly frustrating to play. I'll probably try it out again when it's it's finished but as of now I have more fun with the Sneak Peek damage simulation demo thing that came with it.
MrHaaax
mechanic

Post by MrHaaax »

OP might want to edit the thread's title.. NCG is now Wreckfest guys.

Edit: Didn't saw Purple's post earlier. Sorry!

Game is progressing along nicely, hehe.
Newcomer to Carmageddon, expert at correct capitalizations.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Because.

1. It's not a rehash of anything.

2. It's absolutely the opposite of outdated.

3. It has absolutely nothing in common with C:R

4. It has great cars with nice cockpit cams, really good driving physics and very advanced car damage as well as environment damage.

5. It has very good looking graphics that also run very well on medium spec hardware.

6. It's a great game made by a great team that have made great racing games before.

7. You're frustrated, take a chill suppository in your ass.
copmac
hit n run

Post by copmac »

I've played the latest build. It is fun over the internet. Especially 8 track. However the physics are not that great. I know it is still alpha. But it is plain stupid, that cars get deformed like hell without breaking the windows. Also you rarely or never see cars that loose a weel after heavily impact.

So i have to agree that CR physics are much better. Over the top but way better :-)
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

I have not found the time yet to do up a video from the videos I took last weekend,

so here a few videos of the action going on online with Wreckfest:

Here video of a guy that just bought Wreckfest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjPiFcXB5xQ

Here video from Bugbear forum member Iwasawa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMs6v5CvI0

Here video of some Fins racing online with some awesome car damage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84fdMRLLkk

Beware there is some lag to deal with, especially if join 14-18 player lobbies.

Here a thread with tips on how to keep lag to a minimum online:

Tips for keeping lag to a minimum online.

There some fun times to be had online if you like a little contact racing online. :D

I got distracted tonight trying to see if I could get a purple skin in Wreckfest, since the files in Build #6 are unpacked. Found this purple skin by accident:

Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Finally got the time to do up 2 videos from the videos I took over the last two weekends:

Wreckfest derby action online, Build #6

Wreckfest racing action online, Build #6

Here some pics showing off some the online car damage. :D

( right click > view image to see whole pic )

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

From what i'm seeing from your videos, the multiplayer seems to be working sooo well. :O

That game looks soooo pretty and those deformations, god damn! :O

I need to pick that game up this winter.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Purple44 wrote:I have not found the time yet to do up a video from the videos I took last weekend,

so here a few videos of the action going on online with Wreckfest:

Here video of a guy that just bought Wreckfest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjPiFcXB5xQ

Wow! Must have :D

BTW: What about free controller mapping? Steering woth the right analogue stick, etc
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

BTW: What about free controller mapping? Steering woth the right analogue stick, etc

Possible.

Edit. Anybody plays Multiplayer? My Steam name is Jorma Rysky.
copmac
hit n run

Post by copmac »

Yes, I do. Love the oval race track. Still the damage is sometimes silly :-)
robert_raw
pedestrian

Post by robert_raw »

It is good, not as good as I ever remember flatout being but good all the same
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Ready for some slow mo Wreckfest eye candy?? If so, give this fan made video a look: :)

Wreckfest (Next Car Game) Crash Movie -video
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

The car bodies could be a little more strong... they bend pretty easily and most of all, the game still lacks a proper suspension system which is unforgivable! I thought it was going to be implemented at some times...but looks like it's here to stay. We'll see but for now, I lost the feeling the flatout series had mainly because the track sideways don't have smashable obstacles and objects anymore. I understand they want the game environments to be more realistic, but if it's at the expense of losing the funny side, it's not a good choice. Also, the tracks are all flat as hell, no camber, no elevation, change of width, bumps and ditches. Those gravel tracks could be more challenging. Still, the game is a lot of fun to play; I like the driving, damage model and it's been ages since we got the last destruction derby game, so even with those downsides, it's welcome to see bugbear working on this. And the plus side is that the game already boast a working multiplayer mode! Let's see what they still have in store. I like them both and no comparison as the two can coexist, but for now I lean the side of carma! To each their own...
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:Also, the tracks are all flat as hell, no camber, no elevation, change of width, bumps and ditches.
For tracks like these, go give the the 2 Sandpit tracks a try. :) The sandpit track from Build #5 is still under construction, so track on the bare side when come to objects.

Wreckfest Sandpit 1 - Route2

Reverse Sandpit track

Do agree "flat" tracks are on the boring side compared with tracks that have elevation, change of width, bumps and ditches. :)

Also need some whoop-to-doo in the tracks!! Maybe will we get some in the forest tracks Bugbear working on and maybe in the next Build release.

Whoop-to-doo on Reverse Pinegrove 1 track - Flatout 2.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Wreckfest always wows me with the graphics it has, it all looks and sounds so fantastic, they've got some really talented people over at bugbear. Big respect for those guys.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

FatCat wrote:Wreckfest always wows me with the graphics it has, it all looks and sounds so fantastic, they've got some really talented people over at bugbear. Big respect for those guys.
You're right! I forgot about the awesome graphics and sounds...oops! Lot of respect to bugbear too, they're doing an amazing job!!
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Purple44 wrote:
TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:Also, the tracks are all flat as hell, no camber, no elevation, change of width, bumps and ditches.

Do agree "flat" tracks are on the boring side compared with tracks that have elevation, change of width, bumps and ditches. :)

Also need some whoop-to-doo in the tracks!! Maybe will we get some in the forest tracks Bugbear working on and maybe in the next Build release.

Whoop-to-doo on Reverse Pinegrove 1 track - Flatout 2.

I sent a PM off to a Bugbear Dev and showed him your post and my wish for whoop-to-dews too and got this response today:

"Also liking the idea of whoop-to-dew hills. Let's see :)"

Edit: Just saw a post that Wreckfest is on sale:

This is currently 30% off on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

And from Bugbear forum:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6442.0.html

Guest wrote:
Hey y’all!

During the past few weeks ago we have released a handful of hotfixes, addressing issues and squashing bugs like nobody’s business. As a result, the 18-car multiplayer races, packed with tight and dirty situations and crashing cars, run smoother than ever! You can host your own events with much better stability, and use the reworked lobby chat to lay down the rules to your opponents.

If you love the madness and mayhem our game is all about, we wouldn’t mind at all should you recommend Wreckfest to your friends, for as we all know, nothing beats ramming your buddies off the road and throwing your head back in villainous laughter. And there’s no better time than now, for Wreckfest is on Multiplayer Mayhem sale on Steam! ( until Nov 3 )

See you on the road, and watch your six!

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

im always looking for more tracks, but hotfixes are sweet.

I goto watch those network issues but i have played a few muli games ans we will see how things pan out.

Great to see those patches doing something great for the game :P
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

I finally caved and bought this on sale the other day. The damage physics are great and I love the models, especially the lean towards classic American muscle cars. There's a ton of potential with upgrades and various game modes. But the driving itself is so far from where they should be. It's very floaty and imprecise. I can get used to it after a while. Right now the most basic part of a driving game is kind of a headache.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Trying to implement several different things into the game at once was causing more problems than it was fixing so they've decided to halt working on the driving physics until they've got some other things implemented to their liking.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Track they make now have bit more elevation than previous ones.

There was also hot patch that made 24 player MP possible but Purple propably going to tell more about that.

Edit. Bugbear forum user Daystar pointed out there is street lights on that track. Hopefully it means there is goint to be night racing in WF. Here are earlier screenshot of same track.
Purple44
hit n run

Post by Purple44 »

Here some pics I took of the car damage while I race online this week: :)

With the latest patch for Build #6, Bugbear has tweak the netcode to be less laggy, so now we can have 24 player lobbies again. And in my testing this weekend, 18-24 lobbies were lag free most of the time with a good host. :)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6513.0.html

Team Bugbear

Speaking of multiplayer, we managed to get the network code much more stable, resulting in less lag. As a very welcome side effect, this improves the responsiveness of your car, making it easier to handle those tight corners and swift swerves.

But that’s not all, oh no. Since the network code is now much robust, we are reintroducing 24-car multiplayer! That’s right, folks! 24 simultaneous cars, duking it out, no moves barred!

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

KakkaHousu wrote:

Possible.

Great! Downloading now... :D
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Ohhhh, night racing, now that's something i'm looking forwards to for C:R and Wreckfest.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Multiplayer/wreckfest is only on weekends?
SapoPT
hit n run

Post by SapoPT »

No, its launched already, everyday 24 people multiplayer! And there is always a lot of full servers
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

SapoPT wrote:No, its launched already, everyday 24 people multiplayer! And there is always a lot of full servers
Duuude, cant wait till C:R gets multiplayer, i hope it's gonna have a special mode that will support mod cars and mod maps!
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

SapoPT wrote:No, its launched already, everyday 24 people multiplayer! And there is always a lot of full servers
Did my first multiplayer races yesterday - sooooo much fun! The gfx are superb!

Thank you so much Purple44 for your teaser pics...

BTW: Is there a destruction "the last survivor wins" derby mode - or only the points stuff?

Check who’s online