Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Gamepad support? Steelseries Free?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Nicke4ever
pedestrian

Post by Nicke4ever »

Is there any way to get my Steelseries Free gamepad working with Carmageddon on Android? Testing out the Free version but would gladly pay for the regular version of the game if gamepad support would be on the horizon.
TechmaN
mechanic

Post by TechmaN »

Android App called GameKeyboard - I use it to play Carmageddon on my Xperia Play using the built in gamepad.
Nicke4ever
pedestrian

Post by Nicke4ever »

Thanks for the tip!

Took some time but managed to get it working. At first the Steelseries Free wouldn't communicate properly with Gamekeyboard since Bluez Ime (another app that Gamekeyboard needs for bluetooth gamepad support) didn't support the Free controller. I found a .apk for Bluez Ime that was newer than the one on Google Play and included Free support.
https://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-ime/issues/detail?id=192

I first used the left analog stick for steering and the right one for throttling but for some reason I didn't get the right analog stick working properly. I settled for a setup where the left stick is used for steering, Left and Right shoulder button for reverse and forward throttle, and button 4 for braking.

Would still love to see gamepad support natively in the Carmageddon app but this workaround definitely solved the problem for me.

Check who’s online