Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Change Language Option

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
guido
pedestrian

Change Language Option

Post by guido »

Hi Androids,

is it possible to change the language somewhere?

i´m living in germany, and the game is german - however, strange translations, but how i miss the cunning stunt etc.

In the good old days you also have to been played the english original because the terrible cuttet german (also when you could get it uncut by changing the name some files har har).

I just like to play it in english.

But thank you very much for the android version! seems like its running well on different devices!
Crazy_Borg
pedestrian

Change Language Option

Post by Crazy_Borg »

I'd vote for that too.

Because that "new" german translation is horrible.

Example:

"Free Recoveries" -> "Freie Erholungen" WTF? WRONG! -> "Freie Bergungen" would be correct.

"Cunning stunt bonus" is not "Cleverer Stunt Bonus", but "Geschickter Stunt Bonus".

And Wanda Lust doesn't have a "Fräse" (rotary cutter), but a "Killermaschine" (killing machine)

Oh boy, all the driver summaries are pretty messed up. Rubbish!

Who did this to us? google translator or yahoo babelfish?

How about handing over the translation file and I would do it for free, only better!
faelnor
pedestrian

Change Language Option

Post by faelnor »

I, too, would enjoy an option to change the language in-game without having to switch the Android language settings. The French version isn't terrible but I played the first two games in their original English and I miss the good ol' stunt and bonus names as well as the driver descriptions.
KmiKzee
pedestrian

Change Language Option

Post by KmiKzee »

Yes I agree !

We need to have the possibility to choose the language, translations are just f*cked up !

Give me back originals English texts :o)
eagle1
mechanic

Change Language Option

Post by eagle1 »

I also want the english version.
HansSchmucker
driver

Change Language Option

Post by HansSchmucker »

I know that's not what you want to hear, but just in case you missed it: Carmageddon will always use the system default language and you can change that manually through Settings/Language/Language and input/Language. Doesn't even require you to restart. I know, it's not ideal (unless you enjoy English in all your applications), but it works.
Zodape
turbo bastard

Change Language Option

Post by Zodape »

I agree. I hate the spanish translation.
^^ Click the sig. for free cookies! ^^

Check who’s online