Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Anyone else experiencing control dropout?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Lollybomb
mechanic

Post by Lollybomb »

To be specific I'm using the digital controls, and from time to time the accelerator will stop responding. Turning works, the brake works, and the hand brake works. Just accelerating doesn't seem to work. I thought that it might be too close to the edge, or to the brakes, but even after spreading things out a bit it still happens.

Motorola Droid4 running ICS 4.1.2.

PS, any chance of getting to use the slide out physical keyboard?
I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.
anonymous_
pedestrian

Post by anonymous_ »

Digital controls good for my. I don't even try other types. But I try with physical keyboard and speedlink gamepad. None of them works with carmageddon. However they both works with Vice City and some other games.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2zehy0o.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/2v30j6t.jpg
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

no problem here on any controls. galaxy s2. im finding it more amusing each day as i hear people having problems of all sorts with later samsung models and my old s2 just keeps working lmao!
Scorg
pedestrian

Post by Scorg »

Yes, I am suffering the problem

I experience complete control loss, no steering, throttle, brake, handbrake, no repair, no recovery no disable prat and no access to replay mode, suffered really badly with it on level 2 where I was stuck in the water for over a minute going in a circle, with my time nearly running out.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

I've yet to try it on my Nexus S but shall do now.

Friend of mines has told me they lost steering control when they played it on their SGS2 as well.
Scorg
pedestrian

Post by Scorg »

Okay, have now tried it on my Nexus S (completely Stock 4.1.2) and it is doing exactly the same as the Galaxy Tab P1000.

Now these two devices are very similar in hardware, sharing the same CPU/GPU setup (based upon the Galaxy S)
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

No issues on my Galaxy S3 phone, or Galaxy Tab 10.1

I just wish the left/right pedals were a tiny bit further apart.

I always just go off the right pedal, and stop turning right (but, thats me, not the game).

Oh, I did have 1 issue:

It says to double tap the car to recover?

But, double tapping the car does nothing.

I have to click the time, and manually recover.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Dave3d wrote:It says to double tap the car to recover?

But, double tapping the car does nothing.

I have to click the time, and manually recover.

Isn't it a two-finger tap? I have to admit I haven't memorized the controls, obviously, but maybe it's a two-finger tap.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

it is a 2 finger swipe, not tap

edit: wait.. is it? (gets the phone out and tries)

yep, it is a two finger double tap. doh... so that's why it was a bitch to recover the damn car all this time

/smack
jp
pedestrian

Post by jp »

I am also suffering control dropout, on all kinds of control.

Is the carmageddon team already researching/fixing this?

I have an htc incredible S, android 4
Lollybomb
mechanic

Post by Lollybomb »

So I did some poking around, and discovered that... Well just take a look. I took these screenshots after I started having problems again.

In game:

Back out to the system:

After turning the screen off, and then back on:

The scribbles that you see are the result of enabling "Pointer location" in the Developer options of the Android system (this option may not exist on all phones). You can see that a large dead zone has been generated around a couple of the controls. What's really strange though is that it seems that the phone itself isn't seeing the touches since the dead zone persists outside the game. Seeing this I thought that it might be the phone deciding that those spots are not actually intended inputs, and thus disregarded for a time. This doesn't make sense though because it's not a constant input, and it happens with the lesser used controls like the handbrake from time to time. Not to mention that it always takes a rather long time for it to start doing this. Usually starting on the second level of a session, and only rarely the first.
I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.
ZalDcaze
hit n run

Post by ZalDcaze »

i have been experencing this problem as well randomly all control drops out but i have a feeling its my phone getting to warm and not recognizing my touches... also the analog control sticks to the right or just veers to the right (even when not touching steering)
Dezz
pedestrian

Post by Dezz »

I'm also have troubles with control drops.

Mostly its a throttle, both slider and digital.

Galaxy S4 Mini DS running Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Comitatensis
pedestrian

Post by Comitatensis »

I also do have controls drop-outs with a Motorola MOTO G running android 4.4.2.
Zeroko
pedestrian

Post by Zeroko »

I'm getting the same problem, wherever on the screen I put the accelerator pedal it will randomly stop working and I have to press it quite a few times to get it working again. If you read this you should probably make the pedals resizeable too.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195

Cyanagenmod 11(Snapshot M9)

Android Version: 4.4.4

Check who’s online