Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Annoying opponent behavior. Devs, please read

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

Well - it seems the behavior of opponents has been changed since original pc game - i've passed through 50% of the game and the main issue of most of the races is - opponents constantly teleporting!

Yep, i know it was on vanilla game too - but now we have a different story here. They teleport even when they near you! sometimes - behind your eyes! This is awkward, and let me explain why

Almost every race becomes a typical crowdy mess. Opponents smash you and ram - and it's normal - but when they use teleport it becomes a true challenge because it happens in a non-stop rhythm! and time runs out, plus an aggresive opponents, and you can't get out from this bloody bath. In vanilla game they can't teleport near you (only far away, when u can't see it), so the game is really fun, because you control the situation. But now, when all 5 big heavy cars smash you - it not even a challenge, sometimes it's raping. For instance - i smash opponent, and i see how it runs out. I open map and see the same - he runs far away. I make a sharp turn and see that now he near me! And coming to me. This is weird

I'm not agains these crowdy things about the player - i'm against teleporting of the opponents. Yes, somebody could tell that this is just a recovery opponent's car - but i'm sorry, why so often? I think that this is abuse of recovery.
Toxic
motorised death

Post by Toxic »

It's not just in Carmageddon, I've seen cars teleport in GTA IV :-P
stiever
pedestrian

Post by stiever »

I once saw dumpy reappear right before my eyes! The simplified AI is disappointing. A solution to the gang-tackle problem is to play the easier races until you have cash enough to upgrade and then steal Plow or Towmeister or some other large vehicle.
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

I've seen it with the super-police car, but to be honest I never noticed it with the rest. Out of curiosity: have you ever seen this happening while you were looking at the map? I'm asking because I used to play the original almost exclusively in map-view (something that's sadly missing from the Android version... at least the playable version) and I honestly can't remember seeing it, except when a car crashed.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

HansSchmucker wrote:have you ever seen this happening while you were looking at the map?

you mean in vanilla carmageddon? yep, i saw it. btw there are many vids on youtube which represents this
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

Ah good idea, should have looked there myself. I really don't remember this happening...guess I was too busy with the cars around me to notice ;)
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

Hmm, can't find anything on YouTube and I just tried it myself: I think you are mistaken.

As long as I'm looking at the map, enemies seem to be behaving themselves and playing by the rules. Since I used to play the original almost exclusively on the map screen, that could mean that I played a very different game than you :)
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

Well, i'm not. besides i was seeing this by myself, there is even an article (calls it a glitch though) https://wiki.cwaboard.co.uk/wiki/Glitch:Teleporting_opponents

Anyway, the problem is in funsize game, not vanilla carma nevertheless

I'm pretty sure nobody can deny that in funsize oppopents do dirty tricks like teleporting

and all i was saying was - it's not fair!
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

Ah, there's the problem. Simple misunderstanding:

The article says that it happens when you open the map, not while its open!

And yes, I know they are cheating... I was really just curious whether they'd do it while you were looking at them on the map. Since they are not, I might have had an easier time finishing the original since the opponents couldn't cheat while I was looking at them on the map.
UnrealKazu
pedestrian

Post by UnrealKazu »

I've noticed this myself too. Especially when you're going 1v1 with an opponent, you will notice that he is more often on your tail than you are on his.

For example, when the opponent is facing you. You drive past him and do a handbreak turn several dozen meters behind him, only to be smashed by that same opponent when you're still finishing your u-turn. Which is impossible, the other could not have turned his car, gained speed and smash into you in that small window of time.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

UnrealKazu wrote:Which is impossible, the other could not have turned his car, gained speed and smash into you in that small window of time.

exactly, precision my point. opponents cheat, no doubts. it was fun in vanilla game when we had same opportunities, but now..

again, it looks like lack of fair (damn - it really is!) and it annoys very, very much

Devs, can you fix it, pleaaaase?

Check who’s online