Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Recorded from my HTC One X - Tegra 3 Directly to PC in 720p

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

Enjoy Guys, only problem at the mo is I cant record game sound...unless you want to hear a bunch of screaming kids in the background haha but I put some tunes to it - from Carmageddon ofcourse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ab7Ca2xJGY
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

kickass video mate.

check this one out - what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5UmtFbgPrA

could you give me some pointers to improve? i made a post on the carma android forum section which is now a sticky on how you can make videos. your video is much sharper than mine although does have some moments of lag like mine also have.

how do you make yours? the way i get audio from mine is i take a male to male 3.5mm audio cable and plug that into the blue socket on my soundcard and then i set my microphone on windows to be "listen to this device". i guess you could do the same and get the game's audio.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

i got a pretty sweet maim street vid also just finished and uploading now, will let you know when its there
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

The best hint is probably that you can disable the HUD on replays by pressing the R at the top left ... so you can use different camera angles.

Other then that, it would be nice to edit along with a soundtrack. Simple example: You use "another one bites the dust" (you can't actually use that since it's copyrighted... use PD music instead) and edit the video so that on each "dum", there's your car hitting something. I know, it's a stupid example, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean.
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

With the audio I did think about a male to male but havent picked one up yet, but I will give that a go dude.

As for how I record, I use a program called mirrorop to stream from my one x to pc over WiFi then capture the stream with bandicam, as there is no other way to do it that I've found with tegra 3 devices yet.

I did not change any settings from either program so I may be able to get better quality and less stutter
HansSchmucker
driver

Post by HansSchmucker »

Dang it, I just realized that Carmageddon's event-queue bug makes it crash even when you just plug it into the docking station.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

here it is, maim street!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73wAXf2FO3M

i am recording these in "full frame" on the video settings on MSI afterburner. im gonna try and see if i can do it in 720p without it being too laggy and shit.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

here's another one in a bit better quality

Carmageddon Android Maim Street 2
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

Looks better, I can do a tutorial if people would like on how I do mine with different games running etc

But I will have more up soon of gameplay anyway!
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

just uploaded another 720p video better quality running the same if not abit smoother (still no audio yet though sadly), will link when ready!
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

I have a new video uploading with sound as I speak, will let you know when its up!
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

cr4zyjay
hit n run

Post by cr4zyjay »

excellent vid mate! i can still see a bit of lag though throughout. maybe it's just the nature of the beast. cant have top smooth quality without a bit of lag, unless i guess you paid hundreds of pounds for pro software.

i got one coming up too now as i type... you can check my channel for it as i got to go work now. its in death valley! looks much better and i recorded it with 100% bbqsreen res and in 1080p. it still isnt as clear as yours but it's my best attempt so far i think.
SepticFalcon
pedestrian

Post by SepticFalcon »

hmmok, ive been playing with some settings and i think ive got better quality again.

But still some minor lag, no more then i had before though...

Uploading Mangled At The Mall at the moment will link when finished (whole race)

Check who’s online