Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Stealing Cars

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
captaintau
pedestrian

Stealing Cars

Post by captaintau »

In the original version, you couldn't steal a car if you were using one other than your original (the Eagle or Hawk). This seems to be the case in the iOS version. Why can't we steal cars at any point? It puts me off playing with stolen cars to try them out as it prohibits stealing other, potentially better, ones.
ultimasnake
pedestrian

Stealing Cars

Post by ultimasnake »

Is this actually true? I've been changing cars after I got screwy lewies car and have been gaining cars after that too. It is all based on your rank, sometimes when you rank up enough places and encounter some steal worthy cars you'll get them all, sometimes your level is not high enough and you won't encounter any for a long time
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Stealing Cars

Post by Breakin'Benny »

You have to keep playing until you see faded vehicles in the Choose Car menu, if they're like that + a padlock it means you can steal that vehicle if you waste the opponent
wakkydude
pedestrian

Stealing Cars

Post by wakkydude »

You get a new car to steal every time you rise 5 ranks. The cars are stolen in the order of the car menu.
Trent
mindless

Stealing Cars

Post by Trent »

Slight correction, cars become stealworthy in the order they are in the choose car screen,but you don't have to steal them in that order. If you have multiple cars on that screen with a padlock on their icon you can steal those in any order. It doesn't matter what car you're in as long as you waste them when they are stealworthy, I've been collecting most of my cars using Val Halla's car lately. If you're pushing a car bumper to bumper and someone crashes into them on the other side causing them to be wasted, that usually counts as you being the one to waste them.
a.k.a. Brent
captaintau
pedestrian

Stealing Cars

Post by captaintau »

My comment holds true for the original version. However today I've stolen several cars by wasting them whilst driving... stolen cars. This is evidently a change from the original, and a welcome one.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Stealing Cars

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Uh? Nope you can indeed steal other cars in the original even if you're not driving the Eagle or Hawk.

BTW here's what might be the requirements for unlocking each car in the iOS version.

However I can't see some drivers so maybe it wasn't used after all or it's completed by the data of CAREERMODE.XLS where it is defined which car is unlocked per level.

bratt
95 //rank required
100 //percentage chance
vlad
eater
kutter
buster
tartlet
tashita
merc
grimm
valhella
screwie
stig
ivan
edhunt
agento
ok
harry
pitbull
dump
bigapc
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Trent
mindless

Stealing Cars

Post by Trent »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Uh? Nope you can indeed steal other cars in the original even if you're not driving the Eagle or Hawk.

BTW here's what might be the requirements for unlocking each car in the iOS version.

However I can't see some drivers so maybe it wasn't used after all or it's completed by the data of CAREERMODE.XLS where it is defined which car is unlocked per level.

That all looks correct from what i remember from the unlocks on my play through, especially the last half dozen on the list which I unlocked today. The last 8 on the choose car screen (not counting the suppressor) don't seem to be possible to unlock without completing the game as they didn't appear as stealworthy even with all races except Beef Curtains complete at rank 1.
a.k.a. Brent
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Stealing Cars

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

Yeah on my wasting opponents play through I only unlocked about half of the cars but that's still a lot better than the original where I think I only ever 'stole' 2 cars during my playthroughs.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Stealing Cars

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Speaking of Stealworthy cars, is there any information on how the cars get stealworthy in the original PC game? Is it based on the rank? Are the chances of getting those vehicles stolen based on difficulty (Easy = very likely, Normal = not likely, Hard = Unlikely)?
Nephrite
mechanic

Stealing Cars

Post by Nephrite »

I'm fairly certain that the difficulty level does affect chances of stealing a car in the original game as the number of stolen cars by the time you complete the game would pretty much always be greater on easy than on normal and hard levels.

Rank plays a part too as you'd never manage to steal a car with a rank of 99 if I'm not mistaken. Not even on easy.

However, I don't think you can edit any of those parameters in the data files. All you can change is whether to make a car stealworthy or not.

Would have been tons of fun if you could mess with that too. I made all the cars stealworthy, however if I could I'd make the chance to steal Electric Blue the lowest of all hehe. I moved Stella Stunna to strength rating 5 group in my game, which also makes it harder to get simply because level 5 cars only start showing up halfway through the game (from race #54).
coffeycup
Genesis

Stealing Cars

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, there's the Carma FAQ and the CarmaFAQ TXT that is included with the GOG version
captaintau
pedestrian

Stealing Cars

Post by captaintau »

In the original, I stole the Tashita fairly quickly and used it lots. Despite lots of wastings I never stole another vehicle. I switched back to the Eagle and BAM three races running I stole a car. I barely used any of them after that until I won the same.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Stealing Cars

Post by CzechDeath »

This is strange... im rank now like 65 and only car I stole (ingame by lifting it in to the ceiling after wasting it) was Vlad... since than Im waiting for screwie or Ivan... but I sitll have just vlad not any other... Im playing all vanilla... wat the fuck ?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Stealing Cars

Post by Breakin'Benny »

CzechDeath wrote:This is strange... im rank now like 65 and only car I stole (ingame by lifting it in to the ceiling after wasting it) was Vlad... since than Im waiting for screwie or Ivan... but I sitll have just vlad not any other... Im playing all vanilla... wat the fuck ?

It's probably based on luck, but it'd also be nice if a Stainless programmer could tell us how the stealworthiness works. We might even get chance of successful steal based on percentage!

Check who’s online