Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

I am very displeased Carma1 has the best version on tablets and phones now...

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

As a classic pc gamer and carmageddon fan, I am extremely displeased that Carmageddon 1 received so much attention and graphics enhancement for those shitty tablets and smart phones, yet the one on pc where it first started is running through a half assed configured dosbox on gog...

The respectful thing to do for pc gamers that don't give a shit about shitty overpriced ipads and iphones, would have been to release this new and improved carmageddon 1 on pc too...

What a shame that the absolute best version of carmageddon 1 is only available for users of such shitty devices such as tablets...

You have sold out Stainless.

You are clearly giving more shits about tablets and phones than about pc now, it's very clear to me.

You've discovered your appetite for easy money it seems.
Simista
Stainless

Post by Simista »

Hello Mr D!

What a pleasure to hear from you , your posts are always a delight to read.

This was a very small project to get Carmageddon to as broad an audience as possible, I’m sorry you feel that way about these devices. Some significant bits of code work from this version have gone straight into Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation will of course be coming to PC next year and our full attention is on the development of that.

And about our appetite for easy money, well it’s free today as a thank you to our Kickstarter backers, and when it isn’t free ALL profits will be going towards Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

Sim
shurcooL
pedestrian

Post by shurcooL »

Carma 1 for iOS is just low-opportunity-cost advertising for their main game, Carmageddon Reincarnation, which IS coming to PC.

Why would you want them to waste efforts getting an old version of Carma 1 working better on modern PCs today (when you can already get it working, just more hassle), instead of focusing it towards the latest and greatest iteration of Carma?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Mr. Deviance is just a troll. He always goes around acting like someone's jammed a stick up his arse when he thinks his PC master race is being abused.
a.k.a. Brent
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Mr.Deviance wrote:As a classic pc gamer and carmageddon fan, I am extremely displeased that Carmageddon 1 received so much attention and graphics enhancement for those shitty tablets and smart phones, yet the one on pc where it first started is running through a half assed configured dosbox on gog...

The respectful thing to do for pc gamers that don't give a shit about shitty overpriced ipads and iphones, would have been to release this new and improved carmageddon 1 on pc too...

What a shame that the absolute best version of carmageddon 1 is only available for users of such shitty devices such as tablets...

You are clearly giving more shits about tablets and phones than about pc now, it's very clear to me.

you remind me of my 4-year old daughter, love your posts :)
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

No actually you are trolling me now with your post.

I just said my opinion on carmageddon for tablets.

It's great, so good that it's even better than the pc version which should be clearly understood that it can become frustrating for a carma fan that doesn't have any use for ipads or iphones.

I will wait for it to come to android to play it on my phone but I also believed that this better looking version should exist on pc too.

Whether I defend the pc master race as you call it or not, is a whole different matter.

Dark_Pontifex wrote:
you remind me of my 4-year old daughter, love your posts :)

What a funny man you must be in real life...

Ps. I can see where this topic is going now...

I'm ok with the official responses, so if you want to lock the topic before it becomes a spam whole I have nothing against it...
Warning
driver

Post by Warning »

To be fair, I think that PC gamers would rather have a much more overhauled version of C1 than what's on offer to iOS users currently. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this version isn't THAT updated. There are considerable tweaks, car models, gameplay balancing ect, but you can see that a lot of the old game remains. If Stainless did a PC release of an updated version I'd want more than what I've seen so far. The version on iOS is fantastic, don't get me wrong, it's one of the best apps I've ever seen, but I would expect more in a PC version.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Mr.Deviance wrote:The respectful thing to do for pc gamers that don't give a shit about shitty overpriced ipads and iphones, would have been to release this new and improved carmageddon 1 on pc too

What a stupid thing to say.

PC users are very exigeant, and even though the C1 mobile port looks good enough on mobile devices, it would have been terrible on a PC, and I could see PC users from here bashing the game.

PC Carmageddon 1 was released 15 years ago, deal with it. They won't waste their time doing a stupid PC remake. GOG's job was to bring it back exactly as it was back then, and that's what they did.

Also I don't see how you dare tell Stainless how to act respectfully, while you're obviously unable to be respectful yourself. You don't have your place here.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

You don't know me, you just assume you've got me. I respect myself enough to say things as they are when I see fit.

The fact that you don't agree with me, doesn't give you any right to tell me where my place is.

You are generalizing when you are saying that PC users are very exigent even though I do agree with you that the majority of pc gamers tend to want more than what's offered on any other platform.

I didn't want to come here and ask or demand more More MORE.

I just said that the ipad and iphone version of carmageddon 1 is officially the best looking version of carmageddon now.

I just wanted to note that PC no longer has the best looking version of carmageddon as it always did.

And now I know I jumped the horse to say that Stainless has sold out and wants easy money, I apologise for that but this pissed me off since I admittedly hate apple products and it's arrogant fanboy base.

Now if we're all happy, I'm ready to move on from this topic...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Mr.Deviance wrote:The fact that you don't agree with me, doesn't give you any right to tell me where my place is.

Then show the way and don't come here insulting Stainless' work, telling them what they should do and judging their promotional campaign so harshly.

Right now you are just a troll with a filthy language. We treat you and your messages with more respect than you do, this alone shows you can't integrate this community.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

OK, this thread will stay open as we welcome all feedback be it good or bad (we prefer the good though!), but please can we concentrate on the release of Carmageddon on iOS - it should be a day of excitement and the odd occasional screams and tyre screeching :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Mr.Deviance wrote:The fact that you don't agree with me, doesn't give you any right to tell me where my place is.

Then show the way and don't come here insulting Stainless' work, telling them what they should do and judging their promotional campaign so harshly.

Right now you are just a troll with a filthy language. We treat you and your messages with more respect than you do, this alone shows you can't integrate this community.

Even if you are right in some parts about me, you are still being overly dramatic about it.

This is a topic not a soap opera.

If somebody doesn't agree with something entirely, he suddenly has a filthy language and he can't integrate in a community?

Your theory doesn't make sense to me but then again I don't even know if it should.

I think you are more interested in capitalizing on this topic to put me down rather than to tell me what you really think about my first post in this topic.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

I like this version as much as the mobile one. grafics are different, but I like it.. and handling is still better on the PC (you got wheelspin etc.).

Lot´s of my freinds enjoy playing Carma today. the mobile version will make them surely excited for the Carmageddon to come!

This is great day! be merry

P.S. and PC is still multiplayer!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Excuse me?

Who's overly dramatic and yes, HAS a filthy language..?

Mr.Deviance wrote:extremely displeased

shitty tablets and smart phones

half assed configured dosbox on gog

don't give a shit about shitty overpriced ipads and iphones

What a shame

such shitty devices such as tablets...

I insist, someone like you shouldn't be here. Go open an anti-Stainless forum or something heh.

I'm done here, Shane. I'd lock this by the way, this isn't feedback, it's trolling.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Excuse me?

Who's overly dramatic and yes, HAS a filthy language..?

Mr.Deviance wrote:extremely displeased

shitty tablets and smart phones

half assed configured dosbox on gog

don't give a shit about shitty overpriced ipads and iphones

What a shame

such shitty devices such as tablets...

I insist, someone like you shouldn't be here. Go open an anti-Stainless forum or something heh.

I'm done here, Shane. I'd lock this by the way, this isn't feedback, it's trolling.

I am not an anti-Stainless person but you love to dramatize stuff even more than I did in the first post It seems...

I think you are the one trolling now.

Check who’s online