Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

SE Xperia mini compatible?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Carmanen
driver

Post by Carmanen »

Guys from Stainless Games, i just want to ask if you are also going to support mid-range devices like Xperia mini st15i (which i have)? I'm sure it has enough power to play Carmageddon:) So, will my phone be supported as well? I'm using Android 4.0.4 (ICS).
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

From my understanding that has 512mb of ram and a 1ghz Snapdragon S2 processor? If so then I don't expect it would have a problem.

However if it's the X10 Mini then the answer is likely to be either "no" or "badly" but I'm not sure that supports Android versions higher than Froyo (unless at least not without rooting and flashing a third party rom like CyanogenMod) so I expect you have the 1ghz Xperia Mini.
a.k.a. Brent
Carmanen
driver

Post by Carmanen »

Yes, i have the newer xperia mini with 1GHz Snapdragon and Adreno 205 but its just that if the game will support as small resolution as 480*320?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

That is a good question. Do Android apps not detect the native screen resolution and render at that size by default?

I would imagine the UI and everything is scalable to accommodate the differences between phone screens and tablet screens, so I would guess they're supporting the various resolutions of phone screen out there too.

I guess it would more come down to the playability at that low res on such a small device, rather than technical issues. I'd imagine your thumbs would be covering most of the screen :\
a.k.a. Brent
Carmanen
driver

Post by Carmanen »

I don't worry about that, i have tiny fingers:) I can play Dead Space, Asphalt 7 etc. without any problems regarding to screen size. I like cute and tiny phones so i'm used to playing with my Xperia Mini. I really hope Carmageddon supports my phone as i've been a huge fan since 1998! Goddamn mother...!
Carmanen
driver

Post by Carmanen »

I really want to know if i can play this on my Xperia mini (newer, not the Xperia X10 mini) before the game is out! Can someone at Stainless confirm this? I would be really disappointed if i have to go to Google Play just to realise that it's not supported:/
Carmanen
driver

Post by Carmanen »

Ok, it's time to update my question again now that i got a newsletter from Stainless stating that Android version is in final development stage so it would be nice of someone from Stainless to say if it's going to be available on Xperia mini st15i or is it still too early to say? Looks like it works on iPhone 3GS (that's what the App Store says) so that means it should support 320*480 resolution which was my biggest concern.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Once we have a known compatible device list we shall let everyone know.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com

Check who’s online