Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

when will it be out

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

adidragan wrote:i'm guessing the delays are caused by apple's tightassness about how well optimized everything has to be for their products so they'll be able to sell it on itunes and it won't drain the battery... a lot... and before you ask "but why don't they release the android version then? apple sux" it's because i'm guessing they want to release them both at the same time.
According to Nobby's post over in the Kick Me Privately forum, the delays are nothing to do with Apple's approval process (yet), but just general development issues. Here's what he said about the mobile version:

Nobby wrote:we've also been working very hard to finish the conversion of original Carmageddon for mobile things. This in particular has proved to be more of a challenge than anyone bargained for - as is often the case in game development - mainly in adapting the UI for the various touch screens in a number of resolutions. We're really working on making it as good as we possibly can, and that takes time.
So it would seem more likely that the Android version is causing more of the hold up than the iOS version as Android has far more resolution options which they have to make sure the UI works with, due to there being so many devices of different sizes which could run any resolutions from 240x320 all the way up to 1920x1200, compared to the few iOS resolutions. Android is a nightmare in that respect.
a.k.a. Brent
adidragan
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by adidragan »

well i'm a cheap bastard and only donated 15$ in kickstarter so i don't have access to the private forum... i really hope they won't do something like only announce when it will be released on the private forums and not on the public ones...
Mad_Maxine
Pink

when will it be out

Post by Mad_Maxine »

If your a cheap bastard Look at my mane with no badges,

Im pretty sure they will anounce it everywhere, they wont just tell the kickstarter people about a game like this you know.. and even if.. for some reson. that happens.. itll take mear munits for the information to leak onto this fourm anyway.
Fuel
speed freak

when will it be out

Post by Fuel »

Highly highly unlikely, adidragan. If anything it'll be posted on the main page as news and probably this sub-forum. Also I believe they were going to update the kickstarter comments when it's released so you'd get an update in your e-mail anyway.
Carmanen
driver

when will it be out

Post by Carmanen »

Thanx for the update, Trent:) Good to know that i can breath again because i was holding my breath:D Haha, not funny.
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

Stainless would never be so cold-hearted as to release Carma on mobile stores and not tell those who couldn't or didn't donate, plus something like that would be over the net in a matter of minutes. You can't fix two different prices on app stores anyway, so we'll all get our share. ;)
Mrkth
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Mrkth »

Can't wait!! XD
suicidal_banana
hit n run

when will it be out

Post by suicidal_banana »

They have stated on several occasions (tho sadly mostly in the private forum) that they will do a update trough kickstarter when they release the mobile version, since you did pledge, you will get the mail.
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
Dan50
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Dan50 »

Huzzah
jKain
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by jKain »

This can't be it?

http://appshopper.com/games/carmageddon

Looks like some one is infringing on the name!
AlexTSK
mindless

when will it be out

Post by AlexTSK »

I somehow doubt they are infringing on the name any more than California infringing on it when they closed the 405 highway, which is what this game is about. Then again I could be mistaken, but in all likelihood the creators were really lazy and/or unaware that Carmageddon is an IP.
hazardic
motorised death

when will it be out

Post by hazardic »

yep indeed. ip violation tm. object to this!
Jamie
mechanic

when will it be out

Post by Jamie »

jKain wrote:This can't be it?

http://appshopper.com/games/carmageddon

Looks like some one is infringing on the name!

That game looks so crap, it funny how many crappy games they are on the iphone.
Greenopela
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Greenopela »

Just came on to post the same as above. Got excited for a second. Nearly bought it. Just good that the pictures looked so rubbish that made me stop and think it was a different game.
adidragan
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by adidragan »

i saw that thing like 3 days ago while randomly searching for free games on my iphone. was way too lazy to find the link to it and bring it up here though xD
deadsheep
hit n run

when will it be out

Post by deadsheep »

I instantly thought about NFS HP:2 when I saw those images...

The Carrera GT, the Lotus Elise, the Lamborghini Diablo, the McLaren F1 LM...
Carmanen
driver

when will it be out

Post by Carmanen »

Looks like Stainless in going to be on Eurogamer Expo with Carmageddon Mobile at the end of this month! But the news says it's going to be available on all "iThings" but no mention about Android version?!? Hope the Android version isn't scrapped. Still doesn't say when it's coming but if it's fully playable on that Expo, then we must be close(?)
adidragan
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by adidragan »

they used iThings as a generalization for tablets and smatphones, not necesarily only apple products.... don't worry it's coming to android too...
theanimalusa
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by theanimalusa »

Last night I dropped Android ICS and Google Play onto my HP TouchPad (CyanogenMod 9). Now I really need a worthy game for it!
Bartjaah
driver

when will it be out

Post by Bartjaah »

Can't wait. Read somewhere that's free for the first 24 hours!!
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

when will it be out

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

I think the idea is that they make it free for the 1st 24 hours of release but only tell the $25+ backers when that 24 hours begins. Obviously it won't stay a secret in this forum for long but in the wider population I guess that will minimise the number of randoms getting the game while its free.

Oh yeah I'm going to the Eurogamer expo to meet Nobby & the gang & get my hands on the game. Hell yeah! I don't know if anyone else is going from this community? I'm the only person so far to post in the relevant topic. Seems strange.
Fuel
speed freak

when will it be out

Post by Fuel »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:I think the idea is that they make it free for the 1st 24 hours of release but only tell the $25+ backers when that 24 hours begins.
Pretty sure they confirmed that everybody would be told at the same time. The free-ness isn't intended to be exclusive kickstarter. It's mentioned somewhere in the long list of kickstarter comments, too tired to look right now.
adidragan
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by adidragan »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:I think the idea is that they make it free for the 1st 24 hours of release but only tell the $25+ backers when that 24 hours begins. Obviously it won't stay a secret in this forum for long but in the wider population I guess that will minimise the number of randoms getting the game while its free.

Oh yeah I'm going to the Eurogamer expo to meet Nobby & the gang & get my hands on the game. Hell yeah! I don't know if anyone else is going from this community? I'm the only person so far to post in the relevant topic. Seems strange.

as someone said a couple of pages ago, even if only the 25+ backers get told when the 24 hours start, it will be a matter of minutes, if not seconds until it leaks to the main forums.
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

No one from the Kickstarter forum would need to "leak" it anyway. The moment it goes up, people will see it on the AppStore for free and start spreading the news around the net, completely ignoring anything going on over here.
a.k.a. Brent
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

Spotted the new Funsize tab on the main page today, hopefully that's a good indicator that the release isn't a million miles away. That and the showing at Eurogamer, we could well see the app before this year is out.

Also, just a simplification for anyone unaware; When you download the app on iTunes (Free or paid for), the app will be marked as compatible for either iPhone or iPad, so if you do own both devices you won't need to buy or download twice.
Kaos2K
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Kaos2K »

Obviously, the promised "Summer" release has not been achieved. I wonder if they will do the same thing for the Reincarnation February 2013 date... And push it back...
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

Kaos2K wrote:Obviously, the promised "Summer" release has not been achieved. I wonder if they will do the same thing for the Reincarnation February 2013 date... And push it back...
They never promised any date, they gave an estimate, there is a big difference. There's no reason to be grumpy over it taking longer than their initial estimates.
a.k.a. Brent
HappyDaisy
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by HappyDaisy »

Besides, it is not even Summer in Australia yet =)
Jamie
mechanic

when will it be out

Post by Jamie »

It's available to buy now on GOG, so I guess we could get are code soon.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

when will it be out

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Jamie wrote:It's available to buy now on GOG, so I guess we could get are code soon.

This is the mobile forum for the mobile ports.

GOG re-released the PC C1 and SP.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Kaos2K
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Kaos2K »

Trent wrote:
Kaos2K wrote:Obviously, the promised "Summer" release has not been achieved. I wonder if they will do the same thing for the Reincarnation February 2013 date... And push it back...

They never promised any date, they gave an estimate, there is a big difference. There's no reason to be grumpy over it taking longer than their initial estimates.

Are you sure? http://www.stainlessgames.com/news/go/113

Carmageddon will be made available to download on app stores across the globe this Summer.
And any news/video/update referred to Carmageddon Mobile shows the "this Summer" not "estimated release, this Summer".

Anyway, im not grumpy, i'm just pointing things. I perfectly know that there would be delays, specially with App Store approval process that could be a hell on earth...literally.

At least they have sent us the Carmageddon voucher for GOC which i'm going to redeem right know to calm my thirst for blood :D
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

Kaos2K wrote:[Are you sure? http://www.stainlessgames.com/news/go/113

Carmageddon will be made available to download on app stores across the globe this Summer.

And any news/video/update referred to Carmageddon Mobile shows the "this Summer" not "estimated release, this Summer".

Anyway, im not grumpy, i'm just pointing things. I perfectly know that there would be delays, specially with App Store approval process that could be a hell on earth...literally.

At least they have sent us the Carmageddon voucher for GOC which i'm going to redeem right know to calm my thirst for blood :D

Yes I am sure. Saying "Summer" is an estimate. Summer can never be a promised date because it is not a date. Summer is a rough approximation of a date which is different depending on what side of the world you're standing on.

I apologise for the assumption you were being grumpy, but pointing such things out in such a way as you did makes you appear grumpy and annoyed at them "missing" estimated dates.
a.k.a. Brent
Carmanen
driver

when will it be out

Post by Carmanen »

I am disappointed that Android version got delayed:/ My estimate is that Android version will be available december 2012-january 2013. This almost always happens that Android version is coming later, it's not fair that iOS gamers can enjoy this game soon. The reason must be that it's much harder to make the game run on all Android devices as there are so many of those, unlike only couple of iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch on iOS. But still, this sucks.
max_db
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by max_db »

I would say mid October for the ios release and xmas time for Andriod. Apparently the game has been submitted to Apple for approval :o
graber-fx
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by graber-fx »

It's not fair! U give CarmaG to iThingy iUsers who barely know how to use it.

You said Android must wait. Why? How long should I ask?

My Android phone is getting green and... p... uh dissapointed, really.

I'll quote classic this time "It's ain't right, it's really ain't right..."

Check who’s online