Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

when will it be out

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

when will it be out

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I was wondering: is the delay between the iOS and Google Play Store release actually part of the contract to get the app released on iOS? Wouldn't surprise me TBH.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
shane
Stainless

when will it be out

Post by shane »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I was wondering: is the delay between the iOS and Google Play Store release actually part of the contract to get the app released on iOS? Wouldn't surprise me TBH.
This interview with Nobby and Sim might help answer your question :)

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

shane wrote:
Toshiba-3 wrote:I was wondering: is the delay between the iOS and Google Play Store release actually part of the contract to get the app released on iOS? Wouldn't surprise me TBH.

This interview with Nobby and Sim might help answer your question :)

Great interview. That really explains a lot, especially the differences (and surprising improvements) between C1 then and now.
NitezMare
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by NitezMare »

hi there,

I am a new users, i create a new account just for Carmageddon as i really love this game alot.

and also bought a new iphone 5 for it.

so right now, i just want to know what's the status of this game?

has it been send to Apple and waiting for Apple approval or...?

as now it's october already and there's no news yet. i am very excited and have been waiting day by day for this game.

please let me know when will this be out.

please please ..
Fuel
speed freak

when will it be out

Post by Fuel »

Check your e-mails people, they're aiming for the end of october for release.

We’ve just had an awesome four days at Eurogamer, promoting our mobile/tablet version of Carmageddon.

Me and Patrick were there on Thursday and Friday (we’re too old and fat to cope with standing up all day long for more than two days on the trot) but anyway, we got to talk to loads of fans and do a stack of interviews. The sense of goodwill from everyone coming to see us was overwhelming – it seems like the whole gaming world is rooting for us to have a great success.

What was really clear is that everyone loves the story… The story of an indie dev studio based – improbably – on the Isle of Wight. A studio that’s still completely independent, and still going strong, with a core of staff who have been with the company through all the ups and downs since way back in 1994. And of how the studio finally got into a position where it was able to get the rights back to the Carmageddon brand, over a decade after the last game in the series was released. It’s a great success story, and it relies not only on the loyalty and dedication of the staff at Stainless, but just as much on the loyalty and support shown by YOU - the community of fans and gamers; the people we’re in this business for.

So let’s keep the momentum going that we’ve gained recently through the announcement of the imminent release of the funsize Carma games, and the re-release of the original by our friends at GOG. In order to maintain the profile, we need our whole community to be promoting the current games as much as possible through social media.

The current plan is to release the iOS versions toward the end of October. When we have a definite date for launch, I'll give you a link to Tweet/Facebook/tell all your friends, family and world in general about. It’s vital that you Like our Carmageddon Facebook page; Tweet about the games; and spread the word about Carmageddon for mobile and tablets across gaming sites and forums you frequent. Let’s get the game on as many iPhones, iPads and Android devices that we possibly can, so everyone can have a funsize dose of Carmageddon while waiting for Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

Don’t forget, every copy of the original game and the funsize versions that we sell will add more cash to the pot for C:R, so we’d really appreciate your help in promoting them. Maintaining and increasing the Carma buzz not only keeps raising the profile of the Carma brand, but it also brings in more funding, adding to the amazing work that the community started for us with Kickstarter.

Thanks for everything you’ve done so far, and continue to do for Carmageddon and Stainless. As you can see in the pic, the Carmageddon: Reincarnation team has really grown since less than two years ago when it was just me, Trifle and Sim beavering away in a cupboard! This growing team all want to extend their thanks to you; our Kickstarter and Paypal backers, and our army of fans worldwide. It’s your pledges and enthusiasm that has made this possible. It’s allowed us to expand not only the team, but also grow the scope and ambitions for C:R, so we can make the best game we possibly can, as a fitting thanks to you for making it possible.

I’ll be keeping you up to date on progress right up until the funsize games launch on the App Store, and beyond that with regular news, chat,comps and stuff as we continue work on the next great Carmageddon game.

Hang on to yer helmet!

nobby

That's directly form the official e-mail I got. Mods feel free to edit it if I'm not allowed to post it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

when will it be out

Post by Toshiba-3 »

shane wrote:This interview with Nobby and Sim might help answer your question :)

Ah! Thanks Shane :)

I thought they had developped the game for both platforms simultaneously.

They were ahead with the iOS dev actually.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Smiley Massacre
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Smiley Massacre »

I also received the email stating that it should be released near the end of October. I read yesterday on Joystiq that it may be released sometime next week, where they pushed that the first 24 hours would be free:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/03/carmageddon-should-hit-ios-next-week-android-late-2012-early/

If it does come out next week, then awesome. If it comes out by the end of the month, then awesome.

Either way, I'll be a happy boy!
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

Sounds like we have some fun times ahead, then!
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

I pray it does come out this week, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

It will be out on the 17th. Everyone mark it in your diaries and update your iDevice in preparation :)
a.k.a. Brent
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

Trent wrote:It will be out on the 17th. Everyone mark it in your diaries and update your iDevice in preparation :)
Yup, just got the email. Gonna be a good day. ;)
Carmanen
driver

when will it be out

Post by Carmanen »

Congrats guys and hope you enjoy it while we Android users have to wait our own version which hopefully comes sooner (this year) than later (2013).
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

The game is now live on the New Zealand appstore.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

FEATURES:

• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents

• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments

• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels

• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!

• Universal App

• iCloud Support

• 27 Cunning Stuntworthy Achievements

• Leaderboards

• Game Center integration

• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt

• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences

• Comprehensive Action Replay System

• Movie editing; Save your movies straight from the game to YouTube; Share links using iOS 6

• Retina display and iPhone 5 support

• Environment maps and other special effects

• Enhanced pre-lit environments

• Buckets of gibs

• 102 MB download size

The UK release is apparently slated for midnight tonight, I don't know if that's entirely concrete, but one can hope!
rosse119
turbo bastard

when will it be out

Post by rosse119 »

Thought I was sorted then, damn apple won't let me on the new zealand store :(
Check out Karmageddon Khaos powered by the Retrolistic engine
viewtopic.php?t=13783
www.facebook.com/karmageddonchaos
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

rosse119 wrote:Thought I was sorted then, damn apple won't let me on the new zealand store :(
Yeah, I thought I'd try and be crafty but Apple outfoxed me. Oh well, good things come to those who wait, I suppose.
AyumiManiac
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by AyumiManiac »

rosse119 wrote:Thought I was sorted then, damn apple won't let me on the new zealand store :(
just make a new account with country New Zealand, i do now :D
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

AyumiManiac wrote:

I would, but I have concerns about it being dubbed. Don't want to download it only to hear Max come on singing 'Run me kangaroo down, sport, run me kangaroo down'. XD

(Joke)
AyumiManiac
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by AyumiManiac »

Warning wrote:
AyumiManiac wrote:

I would, but I have concerns about it being dubbed. Don't want to download it only to hear Max come on singing 'Run me kangaroo down, sport, run me kangaroo down'. XD

(Joke)

hehe ^^

but btw i saw you need to give your credit card info on an new zealand account so...i wait..with my uk account for the game : )
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

The 'Hall of Maim' is up for sharing videos from Carma iOS.

http://www.carmageddon.com/hall-of-maim
shane
Stainless

when will it be out

Post by shane »

It is indeed :) Go marvel at my wonderful videos from the weekend just gone!
AyumiManiac
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by AyumiManiac »

guys, its out in china store! good my gf is chinese she gave me her account infos :D

for china store my gf say YOU DON'T NEED A CREDIT CARD !

have fun (more early fun) : )
aurelios69
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by aurelios69 »

Thank you Stainless team, the game is really great, the music quality should be better, since the game is so small for ios standards the music quality could be improved, but the rest is very nicely done, next thing to make even greater, splat pack :)
adidragan
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by adidragan »

it's 00:24 AM on the 17th here in Romania... waiting for it to become available so i can go to bed and not sleep.
Warning
driver

when will it be out

Post by Warning »

Live in the UK, people, and what a fantastic game it is, too!
timmy76
motorised death

when will it be out

Post by timmy76 »

I Can't stop playing it great work to all at stainless :D
shane
Stainless

when will it be out

Post by shane »

RoadSweeper1989 wrote:I Can't stop playing it great work to all at stainless :D
Glad your enjoying it! I'm currently trying to get myself top of all the leaderboards, though some people have had 13 hour headstarts!
Greenopela
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Greenopela »

Still can't find it in the uk App Store. What time will it be released.
shane
Stainless

when will it be out

Post by shane »

Greenopela wrote:Still can't find it in the uk App Store. What time will it be released.
Please try the following link: http://bit.ly/TtmDWI
Greenopela
pedestrian

when will it be out

Post by Greenopela »

Nice one. Thanks.
Trent
mindless

when will it be out

Post by Trent »

Wahey, got it and loving it! It didn't show up yet on the App Store on my ipad, but it did in iTunes.

I even recorded my first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p4OppWy-Y&sns=em
a.k.a. Brent
Evil Jack
driver

when will it be out

Post by Evil Jack »

Unfortunatly I have to go to bed before it will hit the app store in the US. Will be a good morning for me though. Been telling everyone at work about it. Gonna show it off tomorrow and hopefully convert a few people.
shane
Stainless

when will it be out

Post by shane »

Trent wrote:Wahey, got it and loving it! It didn't show up yet on the App Store on my ipad, but it did in iTunes.

I even recorded my first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p4OppWy-Y&sns=em

Nice! It takes approx 6 hours for our Hall of Maim action replay gallery to pick it up, so keep an eye on http://www.carmageddon.com/hall-of-maim
AdamtheClown
hit n run

when will it be out

Post by AdamtheClown »

Can't wait until the US release! I'll love to play it on my break at work.
Jamie
mechanic

when will it be out

Post by Jamie »

Don't forget to rate 5 stars, I like it more than the classic pc vertion my self
Evil Jack
driver

when will it be out

Post by Evil Jack »

Its avaliable on the US app store now.

Check who’s online