Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Crashes when I start any game mode

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Salbrox
pedestrian

Post by Salbrox »

Hi folks,

I have not played this game in a long time but today I upgraded to an AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and tried playing Reincarnation. The game loaded but when I started a game mode it began loading the level but the music then stopped and it crashed and sent an error report to Microsoft. I tried lowering the graphics settings to minimum settings and tried again. This time the level loaded but it crashed a few seconds after the level loaded.

Any help is much appreciated! I'm looking forward to playing this game again with my new card!
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

try the last driver available for your card ... http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx

try to install max damage in order to see if you have the same issue.
Salbrox
pedestrian

Post by Salbrox »

I have letest driver. Im downloading max damage currently will take a day or two my isp is crap.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Rx vega is a new card and i think that the drivers are not completly stable right now. New architecture mean lot of bugs to correct in the drivers. It seem that some users experience trouble because they have a noname power supply unit or a psu with not enough power. Some have better result with some game installing the original driver. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6vww4y/rx_vega_64_issues_enough_is_enough_amd/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Check who’s online