Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Sudden issues

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
flykas
turbo bastard

Sudden issues

Post by flykas »

Ok so before I was playing carma fine, no lag in menu, ingame ~50fps. And now suddenly it hangs up for like 3 seconds all the time, in menus and in game, also in game it is very laggy. So I don't know, the things that might have something to do with this was some windows update and few driver updates and I installed one new car mod.

Anyone know anything ? :]
tonrac
speed freak

Sudden issues

Post by tonrac »

Do you play on laptop or desktop? Do you try to install the previous driver?

Check the task manager to see if you don't have a program that take too much cpu usage when playing...
flykas
turbo bastard

Sudden issues

Post by flykas »

Didnt try previuos driver, because it was through automatic driver updating software so I don't really remember which drivers they were.

I play on desktop, other demanding games run fine so I don't think it some background process.
flykas
turbo bastard

Sudden issues

Post by flykas »

Still isn't working.:/ I got a new gpu and decided to try it out, maybe somthing has changed, but no. Still lag in menu and constantly freezing for few seconds. All other games run fine. Dammn I miss playing C;R

Edit: Ok. I found out that this lag happens only when steam controller is turned on. I guess it started after some update of steam..
Trent
mindless

Sudden issues

Post by Trent »

The steam controller causes major issues with the performance of this game (and all games which use the Beelzebub engine) for an unknown reason. It used to work fine and then a steam client update happened in June which changed something which interferes with the engine.

I informed Shane of the extent of these issues and he has passed it on to the dev team as its a really major issue.
a.k.a. Brent
flykas
turbo bastard

Sudden issues

Post by flykas »

Nice. I hope they'll solve it before release of max damage.

Check who’s online