Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Heforce GTX960 4GB and lagging?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
molngab
pedestrian

Post by molngab »

Hello!

My question: what are the real recommended setting for Carmageddon Reincarnation in fullHD and max graphic settings?

Currently I tried this config:i5 4460 CPU 8 GB DDR3 RAM Geforce 960GTX 4 GB VGA-and I can use only the "better" settings.

If I use the best settings the fps value is very low and the game lagging.

Thanks

molngab
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

Now that is odd, my brother, which has a weaker computer than me, runs the game maxed out (except Depth Of Field, which was purposefully left OFF) at 1920x1080, and so far it has never dropped below 30fps. The average is probably around 40fps, which is absolutely playable, if you consider most consoles only run their games at 30fps (some games can't even keep up these 30).

His specs aren't too different from yours: i7 4770, 1x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz, GTX 960 4GB, old HDD that has about half of the performance of a typical 7200RPM drive nowadays...

Have you checked if you have any power saving feature enabled? Both on Windows and the NVIDIA driver.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Maybe it's the headlight settings or something. I think those & shadows hit my rig pretty hard & that's with a 290X 4GB, but also with a Phenom II 955 @ 3.9 GHz & 8GB DDR3. I actually found the performance seems about the same as on my Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.33 GHz with a R9 270X 2GB & 8GB DDR2. The CPUs bottleneck both GPUs obviously, but I was still surprised at the similarity in performance & it runs pretty good most of the time except on that BC Outskirts map. I hope they can get some major tweaks in on that one. It's a killer (15 FPS sometimes while all other maps stay well above 30) & it's my favorite map. :/
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

i have 960 4Gb ... and i7 ... CR runs 60FPS+ with no issues... oh ye occasionally it drops to 50FPS range when there is massive physics interaction, like pinballmode etc...

So either your GPU or even CPu is overheating, or your Heforce is not from Heman.. in which case I understand the laggs...
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

I have a GTX 760 (2GB VRAM) paired with an AMD fx-8350 and 8GB of DDR3 ram, no framerate problems here either. Smooth as butter. Wow CZD, your computer is awesome :D
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:I have a GTX 760 (2GB VRAM) paired with an AMD fx-8350 and 8GB of DDR3 ram, no framerate problems here either. Smooth as butter. Wow CZD, your computer is awesome :D
Heh yea... it is pretty brutal machine so far...

GPU: GTX 970 4GD5 OC 4GB, DDR5

CPU: i7-6700K 4,0GHz

RAM: 4x4GB DDR4 2666MHz

MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M7

...That CPU is cooled by cracken watercooler...

It is prettymuch what Shane build few months ago... =D I used his rig as inspiration =D

*EDIT

The point besides braging is that whatever the guy here has... rest of his PC is bottlenecking his GPU ... so he should upgrade whole PC...

I forfilled promis I made to Nobby =D I said back in early 2015m that I will solve CR's software problems by throwing more powerfull hardware on it =D

Check who’s online