Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Car Select Screen Hanging

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
ragers182
pedestrian

Post by ragers182 »

Hi,

I purchased the game on Friday, and started to play it today. (was away for the weekend).

Everything is working 100% except when I go to the "Select a Car" screen. It hangs and never recovers or does anything.

Please help, what can I do?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

It's a known bug which affects very specific CPUs, seems to be related to the multi-threaded loading used for the cars in the garage. It should be fixed when the next patch is released, which hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks, but until then you can use a mod I made which removes the car model from the garage as a work around for the issue.

Download this file: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/garagefix/zmod_GarageBugFixTest01.zad

Put it in ZAD folder in the game's folder. This will let you select cars, but unfortunately it will trigger the game's cheat protection and lock multiplayer and stop career mode from saving. If you launch the game in CarMODgeddon mode the you'll have access to all the cars and levels in free play mode to tide you over until Stainless release the patch. If you want to remove the mod then just delete the file from the ZAD folder and the game will return to an unmodified state.
a.k.a. Brent
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

ragers182 wrote:Hi,

I purchased the game on Friday, and started to play it today. (was away for the weekend).

Everything is working 100% except when I go to the "Select a Car" screen. It hangs and never recovers or does anything.

Please help, what can I do?

Hi ragers182,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the game. We are aware of this bug and hope to have an update out soon which fixes this issue.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com

Check who’s online