Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Crash in car selection screen

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

As the subject states, my game crashes at the car selection screen every time with the new update being out. And it's a crash that calls for a restart that i can't get out of. Task manager didnt' save me this time.
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Cratzz
pedestrian

Post by Cratzz »

Have the same problem, can exit from taskmanager though.
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Same here. Task manager doesn't help but what I do is log out and log back in.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Everyone should report the bug on the bug tracker: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The more information they have about situations the bug happens, the quicker they'll be able track down what's causing it and fix it. Let them know your specs, what version of windows you're running, what GPU drivers you're running, give a dxdiag report, whether you have any game data extracted to Data_Core, if the crash happens in just the career or free play or multiplayer car selection screen or if it's on everyone, if you're running anything in the background, etc. If everyone gives as much information as possible then a common denominator can be found as the bug is oddly very select in who it happens to.
a.k.a. Brent
TheCarsThatAteParis
pedestrian

Post by TheCarsThatAteParis »

Thanks Trent! I came here looking for why all I could see was a black screen with a HUD on top. Turned out I still had all the old ZADS unpacked in Data_Core. Bah!!
DereX
pedestrian

Post by DereX »

Have the same problem, when I click on the option "[Y] CHANGE CAR", screen immediately freezes and I have to exit only through the Task Manager, the problem is in career, multiplayer and free ride
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

I submited a ticket and they replied that it is because of unsupported dual core CPU, but it will be fixed in the next patch.

Check who’s online