Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Mac OS X version

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Delorean_
pedestrian

Mac OS X version

Post by Delorean_ »

Hello,

How soon should we expect to see the game ported to the Mac platform?

Thank you!
Espyo
road raged psycho

Mac OS X version

Post by Espyo »

No news so far. When they start development, they'll likely post a blog post and Kickstarter update about it.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
origin2000
pedestrian

Mac OS X version

Post by origin2000 »

Still waiting for Mac version. Pretty disappointed in this whole experience. I'm used to being treated like a second class citizen for release dates on Mac, but it's been a very long time since the kickstarter, and there's not even a mention of mac support in any of the updates posted by Stainless. I'm glad I didn't bet anyone it would be anything but vapourware - I'd have lost.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Mac OS X version

Post by Lumberjack »

I met Nobby at a eurogamer expo over a year ago and was assured that the mac version would be worked on as soon as possible. I explained that was part of the reason I backed the game at a higher pledge level. Lets get an update on this! I don't use Windows nowadays...
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Mac OS X version

Post by Errol »

I'd imagine they'll be wanting to get the pc version working to everyones liking before throwing the mac version into the mix.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
copmac
hit n run

Mac OS X version

Post by copmac »

I'd imagine they'll be wanting to get the pc version working to everyones liking before throwing the mac version into the mix.

Good luck with that, there will always be someone bitching that is not up to there liking.
KaptainUfolog
mechanic

Mac OS X version

Post by KaptainUfolog »

Games for Mac OS X use mostly Linux technologies so i suppose Linux+SteamOS and Mac versions will be released simultaneously. I mean: development status of the Linux version affects directly on development status of the Mac version. Thus you can estimate release date considering this fact. I think these versions will be released at february-april 2016.
DerekCurrie
pedestrian

Mac OS X version

Post by DerekCurrie »

Games for Mac OS X use mostly Linux technologies
NO. Mac OS X is certified UNIX, specifically BSD UNIX. Linux is not, but is considered UNIX-like. There is no code relationship between these two operating systems. None.

*impatiently*drumming*fingers* I supported the project via Kickstarter Y E A R S ago. Still waiting for the Mac version.
aforty
pedestrian

Mac OS X version

Post by aforty »

This is ridiculous, it has been over 4 years since the kickstarter and I haven't gotten what I was promised. At this point I'd accept even a half-hearted apology but even that seems to be too much for this company.
jayjay21
pedestrian

Mac OS X version

Post by jayjay21 »

The same reason I backed up in kickstarter. The only thing they gave me was the retro experience on iOS. This is just a rip-off, they won't build one and we have backed up the wrong guys.

Check who’s online