Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Competition: What a prat!

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
AdamtheClown
hit n run

Post by AdamtheClown »

Once I get my firebird (Today! :D) I'll try and make one.... :3
Zodape
turbo bastard

Post by Zodape »

I wasn't really interested in joining this competition, but then I thought "Meh, I guess I'll give it a try anyways. It might be fun."

Then I saw CoffeyCup's video and realized I wouldn't have a chance.
^^ Click the sig. for free cookies! ^^
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Well, we need to submit more entries. A competition is hardly a competition if there are only 2 entries! Maybe it'll help if the time limit is increased...
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

I'll upload mine soon. Just needs some more post production.
B.A.
turbo bastard

Post by B.A. »

CoffeyCup wrote:Ha ha cool! How did you lip synch? Did you memorize it? Thanks for not letting me be the only entry!! It was cold and lonely!

Yeah I did lip sync and memorize al the sentences.

Once the camera was on, I forgot some words xD

Ah well, its an amateur entry, I forgot to take big turns (see my hands) and forgot to shift!
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

Here I go!

Recorded with a cellphone duct-taped to a chair and a blue screen made of a large colored paper I came across in the basement, here is what this one man operation turned out like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5O4L5EAyY

Enjoy!

Note: If the video gives you any sort of trouble loading, try switching to 480p.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

You look like you belong in a Carmageddon game. Just wow.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

If you shave your hair, you will look like to Max in this video. :D I will post of mine soon.
gotcha
pedestrian

Post by gotcha »

I laughed enough with all the entries.

Here is mine; that's what I can do with a simple camera, a sunglasses and my girlfriend's dog.

I hope you enjoy that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9EbEbDF44

That was a little dificult to put the sunglasses into the dog, but I can promise you that the dog wasn't hurt.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Fellow Carmageddon-Fans...

thanks for your great entries so far! It took a while to finish my video, but with the help of my friends, we now can even show you a making-of-video today!

Our motivation came right after a carma2 multiplayer session... even though C1 would have been more inspiring for the prat-cam video... but we couldn´t set up a LAN game. Anyway, C2 was inspiration enough! Checkpoint stempedge and Fox ´n Hounds got us so motivated for Carmageddon, so we spend several hours to create a "what a prat!" video. Guess we are hardcore fans and it´s great there are more outside!!! hope you enjoy the video(s):

In the making-of, you also can see our "first" inspiring idea... we might do this some time in the future meeow!
B.A.
turbo bastard

Post by B.A. »

Damn... mine sucks after seeing al the Fans entries...

Nice detail Pontifex with the tats and blood etc!

I like Websters drinking problem too ;)

And Gotcha's vid with the home-made engine sounds reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jki4OQA5D4
HDTanel
mechanic

Post by HDTanel »

Licky Webster wrote:Here I go!

Recorded with a cellphone duct-taped to a chair and a blue screen made of a large colored paper I came across in the basement, here is what this one man operation turned out like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5O4L5EAyY

Enjoy!

This one was REALLY GOOD!!!!!!! Badass :D
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Here is my entry. Mine is an animation. Hope you like it. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmT_TT_PlEE

Maybe looks kinda silly. :)
Ray Murderiz
driver

Post by Ray Murderiz »

Tashita wrote:Here is my entry. Mine is an animation. Hope you like it. ^_^

wow tash. you did a cool animation. mixing the cuteness of the character and the death screams and body bursting of carmageddon in a adorable deranged video.

the yeah, the rainbow star, the :3 face. and the pool cue. out of place? maybe. awesome? of course.

keep making animations and good luck to all the contestants.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Tashita wrote:Here is my entry. Mine is an animation. Hope you like it. ^_^

I´m glad you succeeded by including the drug mode :) very nice!!!

EDIT: I recommend to embed your video: go to youtube and click on the "forward" button beneath your video...
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Ray Murderiz wrote:
wow tash. you did a cool animation. mixing the cuteness of the character and the death screams and body bursting of carmageddon in a adorable deranged video.

the yeah, the rainbow star, the :3 face. and the pool cue. out of place? maybe. awesome? of course.

keep making animations and good luck to all the contestants.

Wow, thanks. I glad so much now. Someone liked my video. :D Oh, I'm so happy. ^_^

Dark_Pontifex wrote:
I´m glad you succeeded by including the drug mode :) very nice!!!

EDIT: I recommend to embed your video: go to youtube and click on the "forward" button beneath your video...

Oh, thanks. :D I am so glad. But, I am not good at using Youtube. I can't embed my video. Where is the "forward" button? Sorry 'bout that. :(
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Hey Tash, I have to admit that was a nice job on the animation. Do more!

Actually everybody is doing kickass vids! Competition ends Friday, anyone else doing one?
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

CoffeyCup wrote:Hey Tash, I have to admit that was a nice job on the animation. Do more!

Actually everybody is doing kickass vids! Competition ends Friday, anyone else doing one?

Oh, thanks. :D If I even can't win, my self-confidence has back when I see the comments. :D

@Dark_Pontifex

I actually have just watched your video. :D (Because of censor on Youtube in our country.) Looks cool. Actually I wanted to add Nyan Cat to my video(to the part, when my character takes drugs, I think), but some case, I didn't. :D
BattiushPL
mechanic

Post by BattiushPL »

Wow, I actually did not thought that I manage to make my own movie. Well, problably it would be better if it was a comic book story but you wanted movie :P

So,finally I put my sh*t together and made what you can see below.

I hope you all guys will enjoy as much as I had fun with doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg70eZQzP70

The quality is shitty, but if you play today, the first Carmageddon you know, that full HD graphic is not all about ;)
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

BattiushPL wrote:Wow, I actually did not thought that I manage to make my own movie. Well, problably it would be better if it was a comic book story but you wanted movie :P

So,finally I put my sh*t together and made what you can see below.

I hope you all guys will enjoy as much as I had fun with doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg70eZQzP70

The quality is shitty, but if you play today, the first Carmageddon you know, that full HD graphic is not all about ;)

Yeah, me too. I haven't ever done an animation nor a video actually. :D It's my first time.

Everyone in this forum has a part of Max Damage I think(you will probably don't understand what I mean, but I won't tell you :D).
Boanerges
mechanic

Post by Boanerges »

Finally, after brawling with the filming, bad lightning, and youtube not letting us use Fear Factory's Demanufacture we were able to FINALLY (did i say "finallY" already? oh look, i did) upload the video.

Here it is:
Ray Murderiz
driver

Post by Ray Murderiz »

now THAT is what i can call a winner. great video boanerges and pirotsu. the first part is what i imagine a

carma driver should look. the glasses give you a mech maniac vibe. the car is great. the blood splatters give a

carma felling together with the spikes. but what is funny to me is the gorilla. i can see that working in carma:R

banging the driving wheel. jumping in the cockpit. wearing a hat. and killing people left and right.

overall great and hillarious video.
aus_mike
driver

Post by aus_mike »

Tashita wrote:I can't embed my video. Where is the "forward" button? Sorry 'bout that. :(

Here is your video embeded.

If you click share under your video, then the embed button in the bottom of the window that pops up.
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

@Boanerges

Oh, looks cool. :D

@aus_mike

Thanks.
Boanerges
mechanic

Post by Boanerges »

Ray Murderiz wrote:now THAT is what i can call a winner. great video boanerges and pirotsu. the first part is what i imagine a

carma driver should look. the glasses give you a mech maniac vibe. the car is great. the blood splatters give a

carma felling together with the spikes. but what is funny to me is the gorilla. i can see that working in carma:R

banging the driving wheel. jumping in the cockpit. wearing a hat. and killing people left and right.

overall great and hillarious video.

Thank you Ray =D it's nice to know we were successful in what we were trying to do: to capture the feel of the original, but adding or changing a few things to make it feel renovated. Aren't you making a video too?

@Tashita Thanks ;) i actually took a screenshot of your video on "drug mode" to use it as a msn messenger display =D
HYLK
turbo bastard

Post by HYLK »

Boanerges; nice vid, but why the text over the face area?
GOD must have been stupid when he created all, stupid like me, hey.. maybe im GOD?
Ray Murderiz
driver

Post by Ray Murderiz »

@boanerges: sadly no. i dont have a working webcam and i dont have a video cam. but i will be on the 4# comp if is any. (hopefully) the one where you design a character.

i have good ideas but i draw like a 5 year old having a lot more.

good luck to all and drive safe (as safe as you can will do)
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Ray Murderiz wrote:@boanerges: sadly no. i dont have a working webcam and i dont have a video cam. but i will be on the 4# comp if is any. (hopefully) the one where you design a character.

i have good ideas but i draw like a 5 year old having a lot more.

good luck to all and drive safe (as safe as you can will do)

Wow, how do you know that(4th comp.)? I should think some characters from this point. :D Hope we can enter to the competition with so many characters. And your video makes me giggle even I watch it with an angry or a depressive face. :D And I can't believe that my work makes anybody to took screenshot of some parts of my video and also makes Msn picture. :D Wow, I want to see the screenshot. ^_^ :3
Boanerges
mechanic

Post by Boanerges »

HYLK wrote:Boanerges; nice vid, but why the text over the face area?
Thank you; i tried with several places for the text, even a lower scroll from right to left, but none of the places seemed right, or even looked good. That's the only place the text looks just fine, but i had to delete the hud i originally had there.

It also had the damage indicator, but since in the video i only got damaged twice, it seemed pointless to have it. And the APO had to be removed because it was on the -proper- face area.

Anyways, the hud is just for the driver to see, right? so "it is behind the steering wheel, with the gauges".
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Noticed that I've mistaked Ray Murderiz for Boanerges. The video that makes me giggle is Boanerges' video. Ray Murderiz haven't entered competition. Sorry for that.
Boanerges
mechanic

Post by Boanerges »

@Tashita

This one =) and right now i can't take the screenshot of it on the msn; windows 7 for some reason freezes when i hit the screenshot button; i owe you that ;) nice to know my vid lifts your humour =D

@Ray_Murderiz

Borrow a cam and toy around with it =D or make a stop-motion video with pictures =D
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Oh. :D *giggle giggle giggle* I was thinking that I draw silly and stupid characters actually. :D (Oh, whatever, I made this conversation boring, I will shut up from this point. :D

Edit: If you liked it, I want to show you the gif one. :D (Actually I made gifs in Photoshop and made them together in Windows Movie Maker. :D This is why the video looks giffy and has less colors, not pure colors.)

Click!
B.A.
turbo bastard

Post by B.A. »

Boanerges vid is really nice, lots of peds on the street today I see :)

I love the smell of oil and splatter in de morning
Boanerges
mechanic

Post by Boanerges »

Tashita wrote:Oh. :D *giggle giggle giggle* I was thinking that I draw silly and stupid characters actually. :D (Oh, whatever, I made this conversation boring, I will shut up from this point. :D

Edit: If you liked it, I want to show you the gif one. :D (Actually I made gifs in Photoshop and made them together in Windows Movie Maker. :D This is why the video looks giffy and has less colors, not pure colors.)

Click!

Stuck watching it for 10 minutes; didn't even noticed before the Dali's Scream on the backrgound! love it =D

Thanks B.A.; there was some people jogging xD
Tashita
hit n run

Post by Tashita »

Wow. :D I am really high. <3 Actually I wanted to add so many things and make it more crowded but I didn't. :D And It wasn't supposed to be Dali's Scream. :D There is some hidden messages in my video actually.

Check who’s online