Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

Same here. No news at all.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Yeah almost looks abandoned, first post hasn't been updated in a long time and;

So what we've decided is that we really need to sort this out PRONTO. And to that end we're currently planning to take the hit of the extra costs involved, and send out everything BUT the boxed copies of the game (which will follow at a later date). This is currently being organised. So bear with us, it won't be long...
Hasn't been adressed in a while neither. I definitely haven't received anything yet.
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

Stainless is very good at not providing updates.

Not to say it wouldn't be nice to get my rewards, but I almost just don't care anymore.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hi guys, apologies for the lack of communication with regards to the remaining physical rewards you're waiting for. I'm afraid I don't have any new updates to provide and we're still finalising our plans for sending them out. As soon as we have more information we'll let you know.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

When are we finally gonna receive our stuff??? I backed for 150$ !!!

$150

KICK IN THE BOX: It’s the one everyone’s been waiting for! The GAME. On a DVD. In a BOX! We’ve done the math and it will only slightly bankrupt us. We’re adding the boxed game with the manual and game on a printed DVD in as a $150 level Reward. If anyone who pledged $350 wants to drop their pledge to $150 as a result, then please feel free! If anyone currently going for the t-shirt or bumper sticker level rewards wants to swap their pledge to the boxed game offer, now’s your chance. (+Previous Rewards below $150) (At $350 level, you’ll get all three $150 Reward offers.)

Estimated delivery: Feb 2013

Hope I will get a reply now

It's already 2016 now ... And still no physical stuff received :(
Jemimus
pedestrian

Post by Jemimus »

I pledged $500 back in the day.

--------------------------------

$500

I WAS IN THE WAR!:

Poster of an exclusive, special edition promo image personally signed by key team members.

Also, you'll receive a custom "Splatted Granny" collectable model, hand splatted and painted by a member of the team using their actual human fingers and stuff. No two are alike! A handmade THING! (+Previous Rewards)

Unfortunately I also have never received any physical rewards. Enjoying the game though.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

the $150 + and above tiers have not been sent out, as for the Grannies I have not seen a single thing on this at all. But i am sure its done since the car foobared big time. But i think the team are still trying to come up with a way to make us all happy and given time they will but things like organizing something in place of something else that was expensive you have to just let them do there thing.

Just keep your fingers crossed and be happy the game still exists and plays really bloody well :)
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

Jemimus wrote:I pledged $500 back in the day.

$500

I WAS IN THE WAR!:

Poster of an exclusive, special edition promo image personally signed by key team members.

Also, you'll receive a custom "Splatted Granny" collectable model, hand splatted and painted by a member of the team using their actual human fingers and stuff. No two are alike! A handmade THING! (+Previous Rewards)

Unfortunately I also have never received any physical rewards. Enjoying the game though.

Me too, same thing. never one physical part is come :(.

Is too bad, I gave my trust after 3 years I'm here and see (no info about that) I'm sorry but I feel robbed.

shane wrote:
Hi guys, apologies for the lack of communication with regards to the remaining physical rewards you're waiting for. I'm afraid I don't have any new updates to provide and we're still finalising our plans for sending them out. As soon as we have more information we'll let you know
3 years?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Atarugolan, please, its not been 3 years, maybe since the KS but honestly they only released the game not too long ago in terms of release. and they are still adding more content to the game, it depends on what point the game gets to ship out the content of the game,

You could ship the game out with out the added cars on disk or you can, as they have only just been added i would say i think you would want the additional addon cars with the disk or at least on the disk, so are you going to keep whingeing ?

Btw we are all waiting but with the community doing there own thing, i think we can all wait, I think this is just fine, I am more than willing to wait and i have expressed so. How about you step up to the plate and do so as well ?.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

lemonrev wrote:Btw we are all waiting but with the community doing there own thing, i think we can all wait, I think this is just fine, I am more than willing to wait and i have expressed so. How about you step up to the plate and do so as well ?.
I think his whinging is just fine. You could always stop whinging about his whinging and I've expressed so. How about you step up to the plate and do so as well?

I just hope no one starts whinging about my whinging about your whinging about his whinging.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

hammr25 wrote:I just hope no one starts whinging about my whinging about your whinging about his whinging.
Stop whinging about him whinging at that guy's whinging or I'll have to whinge about myself having to whinge about your whinging and it'll be totally Whingeception!
a.k.a. Brent
Mintydog
hit n run

Post by Mintydog »

I'm surprised it's taking so long.

I don't get much time to play the actual game, and I often forget about my rewards, but I come back every so often to check on them and they are still "sending" out $150 rewards.

I wonder how long that will be going on for?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Considering no one that pledged $150 has received anything so far, that could take a while Mintydog, from what I could gather it's because they want the final game to be represented by the game on the disc.

That said, they promised to send out all the other rewards (minus the big box with cd's) around half a year go "as soon as possible".
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

At this point, I don't know why they would wait for the final game, since no game is ever final until the developer stops working on it. I would assume that as soon as the game was released out of Early Access on Steam that was the final game. Maybe they just want to make a bit more money to help cover the costs of shipping the merchandise?
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

I'm very curious when we will recieve our rewards, or at least an update more than "still no news".

Can't they give us any info along the lines of "we're not gonna send out the stuff until the moment that X or Y or Z".

I don't know what X or Y or Z would be. but they should be telling us. At least that would be some information. After all, the final release of the game was in may 2015; that's more than 8 months ago now, so what are they waiting for?

Right now, all we hear is "we are working on it". That is NOT really info!

Every 4 months they post an apology for lack of communication, and that's about it.

I half hoped we would get SOME physical rewards, like the t-shirts or posters, before the final release of the game. You know, when the buzz and anticipation was still at it's peak. I realize that that was a little too optimistic, and I had no reason in hindsight, tp expect that they wouldn't wait until the moment that all the rewards could be sent in one single shipment. But now I am more affraid we won't get any physical rewards until everyone has already finished the game and moved on to the next hype...

I backed the game for $150, no regrets there, I did it for the passion for the game, and I think you guys did a great job.

But I really hope you can do a better job at keeping us informed on this particular subject.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

RagingR2 wrote:I'm very curious when we will recieve our rewards, or at least an update more than "still no news".

Can't they give us any info along the lines of "we're not gonna send out the stuff until the moment that X or Y or Z".

I don't know what X or Y or Z would be. but they should be telling us. At least that would be some information. After all, the final release of the game was in may 2015; that's more than 8 months ago now, so what are they waiting for?

Right now, all we hear is "we are working on it". That is NOT really info!

Every 4 months they post an apology for lack of communication, and that's about it.

I half hoped we would get SOME physical rewards, like the t-shirts or posters, before the final release of the game. You know, when the buzz and anticipation was still at it's peak. I realize that that was a little too optimistic, and I had no reason in hindsight, tp expect that they wouldn't wait until the moment that all the rewards could be sent in one single shipment. But now I am more affraid we won't get any physical rewards until everyone has already finished the game and moved on to the next hype...

I backed the game for $150, no regrets there, I did it for the passion for the game, and I think you guys did a great job.

But I really hope you can do a better job at keeping us informed on this particular subject.

Hi RagingR2,

Sorry to hear your frustration at not receiving your Kickstarter rewards. We are still in the process of finalising plans for the remaining physical rewards. All I can say right now is that we hope to have some more information very soon.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

shane wrote:
Hi RagingR2,

Sorry to hear your frustration at not receiving your Kickstarter rewards. We are still in the process of finalising plans for the remaining physical rewards. All I can say right now is that we hope to have some more information very soon.

Shane, thanks for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to post here and respond.

But with all due respect, what you just said is the same thing we've been hearing for a while now (with regular intervals), and still the same non-informative reply that's exactly what I was describing in my previous post...

...in the process of finalising plans for the remaining physical rewards...

Can you PLEASE enlighten us what that means?

Why does it take like 6 months (or more even, I lost count?) to "finalize plans".

It just starts sounding more and more like everything is very, very, very uncertain. As far as we know, this can take another 6 months or maybe even never happen at all.
Kaos2K
pedestrian

Post by Kaos2K »

Fair point.I totally agree with RagingR2. I don't like how this is being handled. The same non-informative response all the time. Starting to think (very seriously) that this does not smell good...
Molbork
pedestrian

Post by Molbork »

I don't understand Nobby's response, paraphrased "We make games not goods so it may take a while", I get that, but why create reward tiers that you said you would fulfill, if you can't fulfill them?

Blargh, I would settle for a partial refund then the rewards at this point.
Molbork
pedestrian

Post by Molbork »

Also it would be rad to be able to update my mailing address in the backer site.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Molbork, Please goto the support tab and report your new address as they can update it manually.

Because they do not make physical things and only the game then you have to think they are in the process of trying to get something organized from a manufacturer but it seems they have difficulty's.

Also one of there major things they invested in was the 3d printed cars for the backers of 150$ + tiers which fell though the floor, They lots a crap ton of money doing this and i feel upset for them but if they are still working out plans then either accept it or see if you can do something else but no one likes to see people complain, i think they have something planned its just taking way longer than expected and that is usual for something like this as suppliers can be hard to negotiate with.

anyways. Peace man.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I was talking about how they didn't give us any updates for almost half a year (which is still true), but they did today so I edited this message, see the update below!
Jemimus
pedestrian

Post by Jemimus »

Today saw this update on the Kickstarter page:

------------------------

Posted by Stainless Games

Today we announced the news that Carmageddon: Max Damage will be released on consoles in mid 2016. We hope you’re as excited as us at the prospect of Carmageddon reaching a wider audience through console, and even better, when Carmageddon: Max Damage is released on PC you will automatically get it too. Yes, that’s another Carmageddon in your Steam library – for free!

However we wanted to make it clear that this news has no bearing on your Kickstarter goods, and that if you have not already received them, you can still expect them as planned. 75% of our backers have already received all their rewards, but we want to apologise again to remaining backers and explain the delay. Issues with the PC release meant that at the point we’d previously been expecting to organise and ship the last of the Kickstarter rewards, all our attention was instead diverted to the game. We also had to find a replacement for the model cars as they were of very poor quality, so we are in the process of finalising an exclusive Carmageddon comic book. We’re also working on a deal for the boxed game – which was the main item delaying the final shipment of rewards.

We understand the delay in sending out these remaining rewards has been frustrating for you and we’re very aware of our responsibility to Kickstarter backers. We don’t intend to let you down, and hope you will continue to be patient with us for a few more months until we can send out your well-deserved rewards!

Visit http://www.carmageddonmaxdamage.com for more information about the new console game.

-------------------------

Good stuff!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Okay, now that Carmageddon: Max Damage has been announced, I've got one question concerning the physical Carmageddon game that some us backers was meant to receive.

Will we get Carmageddon Reincarnation or Carmageddon Max Damage? I know we backed Reincarnation, but getting Max Damage would be all levels of awesome.
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

I assume that Carmageddon Max Damage is a more "complete" or "finished" version of Carmageddon Reincarnation, so I guess you guys will get the Max Damage box version. Reincarnation owners will probably get Max Damage instead, but I wonder if Stainless will still leave Carmageddon Reincarnation purchasable in Steam or if it's going to be replaced with Max Damage, leaving Reincarnation available only for the players who already have it (and these guys will also get Max Damage, free of charge).

If they leave both games available on the store, then I guess they'll be bundled with each other, so if you get Reincarnation you also get Max Damage, but if you get Max Damage will you also get Reincarnation? I'm not sure about it, would be great to have some more detailed feedback from Stainless.

Either way, fantastic work on the game, that's a shit ton more stuff that's going in which we thought we'd never see :)

Can't wait for it!

Sorry for the derailing the thread a little bit.

Also, where's the elephants? I'm sure Errol would like to seem them :D
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

I would certainly not mind boxart that looked like this! (i nabbed this off the official website)
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Jemimus wrote:Today saw this update on the Kickstarter page:

------------------------

Posted by Stainless Games

-------------------------

Good stuff!
Fair enough, let's see how this'll turn out.

Good update but do wonder what will happen with the entire Reincarnation/Max Damage difference, I mean it makes more sense to just drop the Reincarnation and go for a new name, as it just seems a updated and improved version of Reincarnation.
Phoenix
pedestrian

Post by Phoenix »

Ahhh, so Stainless have gone for the rename/rebrand idea? Or that is at least an added benefit to releasing an "enhanced" version for Xbone and PS4. All the rage these days and this explains much of the silence. Can't really announce it with a bang if it leaks to us lot first!

I don't blame 'em though, anything to distance the game from the (now unfair) reviews and the bad rep upon initial release.

So, reading between the lines of the KS a little:

• Every KS backer will get the new version for free (no reading between the lines required for this one).

• Not clear, but I hope everyone else who owns the game will get the new version too - not doing so would be PR suicide. There was a lot of backlash for the Metro 2033/LL devs pumping out a patch/next gen re-release and charging a chunk for it (especially for LL's minor changes). Similar things have happened with other games too. If you guys can't afford to hand it out for free, offer a reasonable and permanent discount to upgrade. People get pissed if it is time limited without being clearly stated (and a visit to the steam forums or almost any comment thread should give you an idea of the average reading comprehension level among the vocal ones).

• Judging by "this news has no bearing on your Kickstarter goods", I think that means we won't be forced to wait for the Max Damage version before we get our gear, or at least the timelines are independent. Would make sense given Nobby's comment about getting these out to us, a while back. Part of me wants the awesome new box art, but the rest of me would really like the gear I backed for, nearly 4 years ago.

On the whole, great news!
KaptainUfolog
mechanic

Post by KaptainUfolog »

Fireman wrote:Good update but do wonder what will happen with the entire Reincarnation/Max Damage difference, I mean it makes more sense to just drop the Reincarnation and go for a new name, as it just seems a updated and improved version of Reincarnation.
I think they just decided to make separate console version because consoles are not enough powerful for full featured game. However, it would be better if they will fulfil all kickstarter related promises.
senn
pedestrian

Post by senn »

only just realized I haven't seen any of the Physical rewards yet hah. Has the $150 tier stuff been sent out yet? Fairly sure I put the right address in ages ago but can't be sure as it was so long ago *shrug*
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Can't wait to get my copy of the game.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

Hi All Staff

Please We (the bakers who have not received the rewards) ask about time to receive that. I know about problem or more, but no receive anything is very bad.

I expect to receive also some stuff, ok problem with car replica? ok but all other? shirt, usbkey, game pakage and other.. is available whyi don't has received.

Ok you want save the shipping cost, ok, but after 4 year the just think of the interests create by us donation is free shipping for all. Without US the game never go out, remember that.

I love you team, for that i give my money, but i expect more professional from you...

Thanks a lot,

regards
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

The final version of Reincarnation is MaxDamage.

Max Damage must be release on PC before they send reward, it will take some more month, WE have to be patient.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Tonrac wrote:The final version of Reincarnation is MaxDamage.

Max Damage must be release on PC before they send reward, it will take some more month, WE have to be patient.
This has never been officially mentioned, in fact, the OPPOSITE was said in the update.

However we wanted to make it clear that this news has no bearing on your Kickstarter goods, and that if you have not already received them, you can still expect them as planned. 75% of our backers have already received all their rewards, but we want to apologise again to remaining backers and explain the delay. Issues with the PC release meant that at the point we’d previously been expecting to organise and ship the last of the Kickstarter rewards, all our attention was instead diverted to the game. We also had to find a replacement for the model cars as they were of very poor quality, so we are in the process of finalising an exclusive Carmageddon comic book. We’re also working on a deal for the boxed game – which was the main item delaying the final shipment of rewards.
That was all that was said, doesn't say that the idea is to make the boxed version contain both Reincarnation and Max Damage, but I spose that's what they're doing, otherwise there has to be another reason to why we haven't gotten our rewards yet.

Either way, everyone with a $150+ reward hasn't received anything yet, which could indicate the above, or something different.
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

Rather sick, tired and frustrated. Worst managed KS I have backed. Is there a process to apply for a refund, if possible?

Check who’s online