Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

Hi Fireman, yes we are still working on the rewards. Since most of the remaining tiers include a boxed copy of Carmageddon: Reincarnation it is most likely they will be sent out once we hit final release. We'll keep you updated on this here and on Kickstarter when we have more info.
Well, (un)lucky (?) me and my BEEN THERE DONE THAT reward tier. That one, and the STICKY MESS reward tier are the only two tiers left to be sent out that do *not* feature a physical copy of the game. I really do hope this means we can get our rewards somewhat earlier. You'll understand of course that I will want to show off my T-shirts (and promote the game) before the final release date! :)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I was told about a week maybe two now that a box set had been sent out and it still has not shown up, no complaints just wondering if a tracking number or something we can use to track these items down ?

If i am correct in this.

Thanks.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

lemonrev wrote:I was told about a week maybe two now that a box set had been sent out and it still has not shown up, no complaints just wondering if a tracking number or something we can use to track these items down ?

If i am correct in this.

Thanks.

Hi lemonrev,

As far as I'm aware we've not sent out the remaining rewards. We're planning on posting a Kickstarter update in the weeks building up to our final release with information about shipping your rewards.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Thanks Shane, Gabien has already replied to this as well so thanks to both :)
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

wow... bag tier's not even listed yet =x and considering Brazil's crappy post office, I can probably wait for Christmas, as Duke Nukem would say =p

BTW, are you sending these via USPS or another shipping company, like UPS? Will there be a tracking code? Insurance?

No really, Brazil's post office (Correios) has a really TERRIBLE service. While things coming from aboard via UPS, DHL, FedEx and such take 3-5 days to deliver, "normal" delivery via post offices like USPS can take MONTHS to come through - no, really, MONTHS. I bought some shirts last year on Black Friday and it arrived last month!

I also ask about insurance because Correios has a terrible rate of lost packages, they only provide refund for the sender and it's a damn difficult and lenghty process =/
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

yuske wrote:wow... bag tier's not even listed yet =x and considering Brazil's crappy post office, I can probably wait for Christmas, as Duke Nukem would say =p

BTW, are you sending these via USPS or another shipping company, like UPS? Will there be a tracking code? Insurance?

No really, Brazil's post office (Correios) has a really TERRIBLE service. While things coming from aboard via UPS, DHL, FedEx and such take 3-5 days to deliver, "normal" delivery via post offices like USPS can take MONTHS to come through - no, really, MONTHS. I bought some shirts last year on Black Friday and it arrived last month!

I also ask about insurance because Correios has a terrible rate of lost packages, they only provide refund for the sender and it's a damn difficult and lenghty process =/

Hi yuske,

We're currently in the process of finalising the Kickstarter Backer physical rewards. At present we don't have information on which service we'll be using for the shipping and whether tracking codes will be available. Please keep an eye on Kickstarter for further updates.
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

shane wrote:Hi yuske,

We're currently in the process of finalising the Kickstarter Backer physical rewards. At present we don't have information on which service we'll be using for the shipping and whether tracking codes will be available. Please keep an eye on Kickstarter for further updates.

Hey Shane! Thanks for the reply, man =D I'm receiving the updates on KS via email from the beginning =) and that's precisely why I was asking =p KS updates on the physical rewards have been far and few =x
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask the same question again;

It's been two months since release and also two months without an update of the first post.

Is the first post still up to date?
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

I was wondering the same thing as Fireman.

Any news on when the rewards are going to be shipped or when we can expect an update about this?
Wolfhart
pedestrian

Post by Wolfhart »

Won't lie.. I forgot about this, I backed with the double eagle package, to which I hear there is no longer any double eagles... bit of a wounder!

I kinda expected it to turn up while I was away for a month, but no packages turned up :-/
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

HI STAFF,

I know you have problem with the production of Eagle, but that isn't an excuse to don't start to send at all Backers all the stuff.

It's not only the eagle but all the other stuff.

I have help you with 500$ and i do that to give you possibility to create the game and I want my reward.

Now game is out, is selled on steam and now i renaming without stuff. how much time I need to wait to have my stuff?

Please answer me, with reply or on pvm, but please answer me.

Regards
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hi Atarugolan,

Apologies for not keeping you all up-to-date with our progress in sending out physical rewards. We're currently in the progress of scheduling the remaining rewards and hope to have an update in the near future. Please keep an eye on Kickstarter for the next update.
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

Thanks for the update, Shane. I completely forgot about this as well, until a few days ago...
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

shane wrote:Hi Atarugolan,

Apologies for not keeping you all up-to-date with our progress in sending out physical rewards. We're currently in the progress of scheduling the remaining rewards and hope to have an update in the near future. Please keep an eye on Kickstarter for the next update.

Shane, you keep telling us to keep an eye on Kickstarter for the physical rewards, but the last update was 3 months ago, when C:R officially launched... The last KS update focused on updating us about this subject was Abril'14 - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/posts/804145

Seriously, if you guys came and said "oh we somehow are broke and there won't be any" would at least be news. Those backers like me who were looking forward the physical rewards would get sad/mad/rant/rage but life would move on... At least for me, the problem is "merely" being out of news about it. We've seen those pics and videos you guys shared a long time ago, with a room full of stuff, and then, nothing. There were updates about the progress of development, there was that post HERE but no KS notification about the Double Eagle, there was the going gold announcement...

For my part, I'm most dissapointed by this lack of news. C:R was the KS project I backed with all my heart, with all I could give at the time (it's still the top one KS funded project on my account). All I'm asking is: give us a detailed update on this.
bighole
pedestrian

Post by bighole »

Kind of agree with yuske on this, the engagement with the community including KS backers seems to have changed dramatically since launch; any news would be better than the deafening silence at present (and I speak as a long term and remaining-so Carma fan...).
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

bighole wrote:Kind of agree with yuske on this, the engagement with the community including KS backers seems to have changed dramatically since launch; any news would be better than the deafening silence at present (and I speak as a long term and remaining-so Carma fan...).
Since before launch honestly. There was a 3-4 month period before launch where communication to the community dropped to zero, and it wasn't much improved after launch, if at all. Normally I don't expect a lot of communication from game devs to the community, but when the game was initially funded via Kickstarter I would hope there'd be more communication, even if it's only a paragraph or two that takes a few minutes to type up every few weeks about what's going on.
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Guys, please let me (belatedly) chip in here with an explanation and some news for you.

Part of the problem we face here is that we're a game development studio - and the focus of our attention is constantly on the game(s), and we don't have spare capacity to be focussed on anything else full-time, and so there's a tendency (when time seems to rip past at a day a minute) for this stuff to get put on the back burner. However that being said, we do take the commitment to our KS Backers seriously, and we did have a plan in place that was meant to deal with the physical rewards. BUT, this all kind of went to pot when we had our less than stellar full release, and immediately realised that the release didn't cut it and needed considerable extra work on optimisation (cue all heads down, don't think about anything else...). And this had the knock-on effect of putting a further delay on the manufacture of a physical game (sure we could release it any time and Steam would patch it, but we really want the boxed game to be the "final final" one, plus getting it organised is another whole lot of work...). So, this meant the posting out of the physical rewards was again put on hold.

However, we have been hearing your comments and consternation over our neglect of you. So what we've decided is that we really need to sort this out PRONTO. And to that end we're currently planning to take the hit of the extra costs involved, and send out everything BUT the boxed copies of the game (which will follow at a later date). This is currently being organised. So bear with us, it won't be long...
I was in the war.
bighole
pedestrian

Post by bighole »

Thank you nobby, belated yes but just the explanation that was previously lacking.

For clarity, anyone backing at a level that includes a boxed copy will get the other rewards 'soon', with just the boxed copy to follow?

A now-appeased Carma-fan...
Jemimus
pedestrian

Post by Jemimus »

From a Kickstarter Backers point of view, what you just replied is extremely important for the morale out there.

I would encourage you to copy-paste this more or less straight into the Kickstarter blog right now, as it will reach far more (possibly frustrated) people there.

Thank you guys for all the hard work.

As an aside, it would be interesting to hear about how you may have 'underestimated' the 'maturity' of the game at release. Going over that would be a good exercise in transparency, but also interesting from a project-management point of view. I am in IT, and am always eager to absorb lessons in project-management and ITOPS process, especially when things go a bit 'south' ;)
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Thanks for the response Nobby. I was more interested in a detailed update than getting stuff mailed. I'd rather wait to get said stuff when everything in my tier is complete.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

The Response from Nobby Was awesome to say the least, We got a update on what the studio is doing but AT No point would i want the other stuff out of box to be sent with out the box.

its a shame you people who had to throw this rubbish in to make this happen.

Nobby I am more than happy to have mine held off till all things are all finalized and good.

I am sorry you have had to take time to put that out and I wish you and the studio all the best with what you guys have to put up with.

Thanks.
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

Okay good thanks for the info on that nobby :)
bighole
pedestrian

Post by bighole »

Most of the requests have been merely for an update lemonrev, which has now been provided and positively received.

The choice of what and when to send is, as nobby has made clear, entirely at their discretion; most requesters have a similar view to you that there is no pressure, other than to keep folks updated from time to time.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Jemimus wrote:From a Kickstarter Backers point of view, what you just replied is extremely important for the morale out there.

I would encourage you to copy-paste this more or less straight into the Kickstarter blog right now, as it will reach far more (possibly frustrated) people there.
I've now posted this info on our Kickstarter page too.
arjan_jonker
driver

Post by arjan_jonker »

lemonrev wrote:Nobby I am more than happy to have mine held off till all things are all finalized and good.
Well said. I care about the game, Nobby. Of course it would be great to get the physical stuff, but your focus is where it should be: making the game more awesome.

The best of luck. I will be here and patient through it all!
spurty
pedestrian

Post by spurty »

glad you said 'bear' because you sometimes sign off with 'nob out'.
Deamon
turbo bastard

Post by Deamon »

lemonrev wrote:
Nobby I am more than happy to have mine held off till all things are all finalized and good.

I am sorry you have had to take time to put that out and I wish you and the studio all the best with what you guys have to put up with.

Thanks.

Same here, an update was more than enough, just some news about the game and what was happening. Thanks anyway, shame about the extra costs.
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
KaptainUfolog
mechanic

Post by KaptainUfolog »

Thank you very much for response. However, i suggest to make a scheduled reports on development and rewards status (one report per week/two weeks/month as forum post with informal style or something like that where are described current status of development, some information to consult with community about the game, etc.). Community feedback may help to avoid problems both with development and with expectations of fans. Sometimes long silence can cause doubts.
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

I already left a comment on KS (since I'm not much of a forum guy), and just now seen nobby's reply here.

First, thank you nobby! I already made it clear on my KS comment but I'll repeat here: count me with the guys that are saying "if you have to postpone it, do it". I got a... what? $350 backer level? Seriously, I'm not pitching in 350 just because I find it cute, it's because Carma was one of my most beloved game years ago, and having the opportunity (and the money, at the time), I felt almost an obligation - I HAD TO BE PART OF IT.

I don't care if it takes more time, and I sure as hell don't wanna see things get rushed - along with so many others, what I wanted was NEWS NEWS NEWS POST TALK TO US =p so what, you saw that the release build wasn't satisfying enough? Great, I wouldn't expect less from that awesome team that Stainless is made of, and I wouldn't expect any less from you, personally, nobby.

Go, do you thing, be awesome. Just... let us know how it's going. Don't leave us hanging here. We love you guys and the work you've done =)
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

Yeah, my main complaint wasn't that I hadn't gotten my stuff yet, it was that I rarely hear anything from the devs about it. I can wait longer on physical rewards that I honestly don't really care about, especially the boxed version of the game which is never getting opened anyway, I would rather Stainless not spend extra money shipping stuff out multiple time. All I wanted was some fucking communication!
CitizenSwift
pedestrian

Post by CitizenSwift »

FWIW I'm happy to wait until the boxed game's ready before shipping everything out in one go :)
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

CitizenSwift wrote:FWIW I'm happy to wait until the boxed game's ready before shipping everything out in one go :)
Same here guys
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Psyrgery wrote:
CitizenSwift wrote:FWIW I'm happy to wait until the boxed game's ready before shipping everything out in one go :)

Same here guys

As long as I receive it before I die of old age I'm fine with it! The big box design looked awesome though (assuming it still looks the same)

nobby wrote:

However, we have been hearing your comments and consternation over our neglect of you. So what we've decided is that we really need to sort this out PRONTO. And to that end we're currently planning to take the hit of the extra costs involved, and send out everything BUT the boxed copies of the game (which will follow at a later date). This is currently being organised. So bear with us, it won't be long...

This is very nice as well.
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

so... we got some more months forward on 2015. Nobby, Shane, any news for us? Talk to us =)
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

Any news already on the physical rewards shipment? I backed for 150$ and still nothing received :(

Check who’s online