[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:A wall of text, full of stupidity and lies"I dont know who thq is" If its not going to help your cause it doesnt exist ? Like when some claims that man is creating global warming and the global cooling from the 40s to 1970 never existed
So it appears you want to fight. Nitpicking almost everything I said so here goes...

Wow a wall of text I thought you hated those but that must have been another lie..so you want to fight more you lying creep. Yeah that right I proved you lied mr "1 typo".. Especially ones who still state that "I said Stainless being bankrupt" is FACT. idiot. how many times do I have to post the same thing. Oh thats right 12 pages or so. Getting caught with 1 lie can be a misjudgement but around TWELVE ???(remember to make your argument on the fact it wasnt actually 12)

AGAIN I posted a link toward what is called EVIDENCE toward MR Ds claim NOT FACT. Still lying I see to help your agenda. Are you happy now that you learned how to spell bankruptcy cause thats all you spout "bankruptcy this, bankruptcy that, no proof of bankruptcy"

Oh sure you thinking "it was only 1 lie, but there is more One of MANY links on THQ idiot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THQ they made Saints row 3 then went bankrupt and then they made Saints row 4 . Its called the internet. you can easily look up what you do not know.No wonder you had only 34 posts in 6 years. It must take you that long to know how to read properly You make less sense than me.For someone that doesnt know what game I am talking about. you sure know a lot about their history. trying to debunk me again ? Another lie ? You claim "if they went bankrupt" and then state facts about their bankruptcy. Yup, another lie within the same paragraph. You mention liquidation which every person knows liquidation means BANKRUPTCY.

BTW I only mentioned one example if passing which was THQ I pretty much asked "remember THQ" and got a bible worth of worthless information.It did not need a wall of text about their history unless of course you were going out of your was to debunk every word in my postings. You ask for me not to post a wall of text and here we are reading YOUR huge wall of text. So I guess even your own rules dont apply to you ?

while we are on the subject https://www.wired.com/2013/01/thq-bankrupt/ (Sega nordic ?)

The response I made about moderators was because I was referring to the original posters claim that MR D may have deleted it.. I know that to your readers that brain supply is in demand but at least THINK if you have a question about a post . It is what is known as constructive criticism. Teaching someone how a forum works.. The minute you learn how to spell bankruptcy and now your an expert ? You are trying to undermine me and yet you look like a fool. The fact is THQ went bankrupt, no matter what situations happened afterward. Bankrupt A term I am sure you are familiar with

Why go back and discuss a post when you previously ignored it existed ?

End of discussion, liar. tried to let go and get on topic and yet this wall of bullshit happened. You just want to fight to "prove" your opinion. I may have a bug up my ass but at least I tried to settle. I would expect Mr Deviance to lie considering his name has "deviant" in it. Hard to discuss when you have to question almost ever word Dont chat with liars. Now you make sure to question everything I typed trying to make ME a liar

"So you really have no right to accuse anyone of going off topic." actually MY post to the original poster was on topic. remember you kept calling it "proof of bankruptcy which I might add was the subject at hand. Yet you went on some personal attack on me because you ASSUMED (ass) it was some kind of proof which I repeatedly said it was NOT proof but evidence

Thanks for replying Shane but I have some questions. Sorry to say back to the waiting
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt


Thanks for dragging me back into this. Sad to see your still not making sense, how u doing? everything alright.



I assumed it would get a laugh from you. As for making sense we dont have time machine do we. No longer allowed to edit or make a newer post adding suggestions


I am actually surprised you didnt come in without me bringing you in.



not a laugh, i was honored i still haunt your brain. It still reads like the rambling of a madman, you do seem stuck in the past. I complained, and other people if i remember it correct, about you editing your posts while there was a "live" discussion going on, that's annoying as hell. When you reply to something, that gets edited while replying. That was the whole point. nothing more, nothing less

I didnt edit to change facts I editing to add clarity toward my posts. very minor edits change dont change the nature of what I am expressing. Why pick and choose what word someone says when you can discuss the generalization of what they are saying? Like for example talking about mod points with Trent. Good thing the responses arent live in this dead forum.I can still take hours and realize an edit is needed. I tried adding a new post but a moderator told me basically not to make so many posts, so what was I left with ? take a week to respond in a live post ? Especially when I have barely any function on my left hand,typing always was a problem with me, lack of coordination plus still having to see the keyboard when i type its a pain. And now I am in my 50s ?

I brought up the past because we still have the same type of people who cant read and type BS..

Thanks for a polite honest response

For ammunition under Mr Ds belt you may notice Shane didnt talk about the bankruptcy so it must be true :P For those that cant read that was called a JOKE not "proof of bankruptcy".
User avatar
Phoenix
pedestrian
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:27 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Phoenix »

shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.
shane wrote:
Nope, I'm still here! I unfortunately don't have an update on Kickstarter rewards for you though other than it's still our intention to fulfil the rewards.



Good to know ;)
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.
shane wrote:
Nope, I'm still here! I unfortunately don't have an update on Kickstarter rewards for you though other than it's still our intention to fulfil the rewards.
So they moved them from inside the office to outside the office ? To me "our intention" is to make sure its within Kickstarters guidelines. As long as you are "trying" nobody can get a refund ?

In my opinion you guys did a great job (not counting the pre-order scenario), but that only was because I did not donate that much, but after a year with the same exact answer as years before it I am starting to see how they feel.
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:A wall of text, full of stupidity and lies (...) you want to fight (...) that must have been another lie (...) you lying creep (...) Are you happy now that you learned how to spell (...) It must take you that long to know how to read properly (...) Another lie ? (...) another lie (...) liar (...) wall of bullshit
I did nothing but respond to the content of what you said.

I didn't lie.

I didn't fight or personally attack you, just because I disagreed with you.

Why don't you do some more flaming and name calling.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

you may notice that I am ignoring you I even said so. how stupid can you be ? I will keep adding flaming while you keep giving me ammunition

PS I proved you lie "I only made one typo" pages ago. or cant you read ? Its obvious people can see I posted evidence and yet you ignore that its there.I even quoted the post you could spell bankruptcy in in case you change it . Lying again ?

Damned waste of sperm

Now the "you dont lie" you claim. Already proved it once

While it was a minor error now that you try to totally deny it that makes you a damned liar . on page 27 you said "My worst mistake was a spelling error," Which I then showed you at least 4 or 5 of them in one paragraph which makes it at least FOUR spelling errors. Which technically it is ONE spelling error but repeated multiple times, Thus your feeble attempt to try and get out on a technicality as if your job was a lawyer. Imagine that a lawyer who cant read (more on that later) Sounds like Bill Cosby saying "it was only one drink"
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

Anyway, on topic:

starbuck wrote:I remember a company that went bankrupt once that still released a game afterward and STILL is making that game. Remember THQ ?
starbuck wrote:THQ (...some name calling...) they made Saints row 3 then went bankrupt and then they made Saints row 4 .

(...)


while we are on the subject https://www.wired.com/2013/01/thq-bankrupt/ (Sega nordic ?)

First of all, THQ didn't make Saints Row 3 nor Saints Row 4. Both games were developed by Volition.

THQ was the publisher of Saints Row 3.

And like I said, after the bankruptcy of THQ, Saints Row 4 was published by another company: Deep Silver acquired stewardship over the Saints Row series following THQ's bankruptcy. In February 2018, Deep Silver was acquired by THQ Nordic: previously Nordic Games, which like I said, only added THQ to their name after acquiring various THQ assets.

From the link you provided:

"Koch Media, which publishes games under the Deep Silver label, will acquire Volition (Saint's Row) and the Metro franchise."

So:

No, THQ did not make or publish Saints Row 4 after their bankruptcy.

Again, you provide a link that does not support the point you are making.

Companies do not make or publish games after their bankruptcy, unless maybe they make a restart, which as described never happened to THQ. Deep Silver and Nordic Games/THQ Nordic are different companies.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:Anyway, on topic:


starbuck wrote:I remember a company that went bankrupt once that still released a game afterward and STILL is making that game. Remember THQ ?



starbuck wrote:THQ (...some name calling...) they made Saints row 3 then went bankrupt and then they made Saints row 4 .

(...)


while we are on the subject https://www.wired.com/2013/01/thq-bankrupt/ (Sega nordic ?)



First of all, THQ didn't make Saints Row 3 nor Saints Row 4. Both games were developed by Volition.

THQ was the publisher of Saints Row 3.

And like I said, after the bankruptcy of THQ, Saints Row 4 was published by another company: Deep Silver acquired stewardship over the Saints Row series following THQ's bankruptcy. In February 2018, Deep Silver was acquired by THQ Nordic: previously Nordic Games, which like I said, only added THQ to their name after acquiring various THQ assets.


From the link you provided:
"Koch Media, which publishes games under the Deep Silver label, will acquire Volition (Saint's Row) and the Metro franchise."


So:

No, THQ did not make or publish Saints Row 4 after their bankruptcy.

Again, you provide a link that does not support the point you are making.


Companies do not make or publish games after their bankruptcy, unless maybe they make a restart, which as described never happened to THQ. Deep Silver and Nordic Games/THQ Nordic are different companies.

As Shane asked please stop this senseless shit. get the fuck back on topic , ass. Apparently you dont know what IGNORE means stupid "refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally."

AGAIN I make a post in passing you just talk on and on about it.

Did your mom have any kids that lived ?
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:
As Shane asked please stop this senseless shit. get the fuck back on topic , ass. Apparently you dont know what IGNORE means stupid
Oh so when YOU are fed up with the discussion suddenly we have to get back on topic?

That's not how it works.

I am only responding to what you wrote, so don't tell me to get back on topic.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:
starbuck wrote:
As Shane asked please stop this senseless shit. get the fuck back on topic , ass. Apparently you dont know what IGNORE means stupid


Oh so when YOU are fed up with the discussion suddenly we have to get back on topic?

That's not how it works.


I am only responding to what you wrote, so don't tell me to get back on topic.

Since you requested "Why don't you do some more flaming and name calling" here it goes, remember you ASKED for it

WHEN SHANE ASKS YOU to get back on topic YOU GET BACK ON TOPIC IDIOT. I already stated that shane told us that ? proving again that you cant read ? You even responded to his post ?

Must be tough for you showing people you dont even know how to read. Thats not me calling you names. It was you that showed people you cant read again. All on you. . not being able to read is not name calling, It a fact . Either you can read or you cant ?

How can you look so old but cant read ? Thats not me name calling. You actually have shown that its FACT. You CANT go back and edit it , cause you have already been quoted

you are only responding to what you THINK I wrote. Its about time that you READ what people wrote before responding. If you were responding to what I wrote you would realize that I said "Shane asked" which he posted a few days ago and you actually responded to it? THINK much ? How many pieces of evidence do you need ?" Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.

Wow, we got a response!"

of course you ignored it just like all the other things people said or is it that you cant read ? You cant claim the past hundred times or so that you missed those postings . My bet is you reading comprehension skills are sub par. Hence why you cant see that THQ (America) was bankrupt, when its posted all over google.

And I thought I coudlnt shut up. Tired of dealing with the uneducated people that come to this forum. Cant even understand something as simple as what shane said even when you tell them the first time.

Either I am getting banned (or not) I am done with this forum why post when its obvious most people here cant read going to go waste my time talking to MS tech support. You only have to repeat yourself FIVE times for you sake I hope the mods delete this then it would mean its only a couple of days where the world can see how you cant read

Even if you try to be smart enough to blame ignorance of other peoples posts your above reply proves that you lie because the above response proves you didnt read it, using the word "you" in caps (referring me in your post when it should be shane) even when it was told that shane posted the rules to which again you responded to on the other page. So there goes your excuse of making that one up.

Yup cant read https://www.cnet.com/news/saints-row-maker-thq-goes-bankrupt-sells-upcoming-games/ I could swear that says SAINTS ROW GAME MAKER THQ ? So blame the reporter or blame the reader of going off of "false information" ? Volition released a game that was bought out as unfinished at THQ. Why because THQ was bankrupt.

All this flack when I just used the words "Remember THQ" ?

Screen capture for the Facebook humor section while Raging hides under a rock scared he might get banned. Raging much ?

Would love to go back on topic but somebody doesnt know how to read so why waste my time typing

As I repeatedly said to this forum "you want an asshole you got one" all because one link you didnt agree with.

Bye
User avatar
yuske
pedestrian
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by yuske »

Phoenix wrote:
shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.


shane wrote:
Nope, I'm still here! I unfortunately don't have an update on Kickstarter rewards for you though other than it's still our intention to fulfil the rewards.




Good to know ;)


I don't know how much is this good to know anymore XD actually, Shane, if you're still around, I'd like to update my address... how can I do this? I remember having done once in the past, but I moved again... I don't want to lose my stuff in case this miracle happens <3
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:
Yup cant read https://www.cnet.com/news/saints-row-maker-thq-goes-bankrupt-sells-upcoming-games/ I could swear that says SAINTS ROW GAME MAKER THQ ? So blame the reporter or blame the reader of going off of "false information" ? Volition released a game that was bought out as unfinished at THQ. Why because THQ was bankrupt.
1. Volition did not release the game, volition is the developer (maker) of Saints Row 3 an 4.

2, THQ is not the maker, even though the headline of that article says so. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_IV

Volition made Saints Row 4 (developer) and Deep Silver released it (publisher) after buying it when THQ was liquidated.

I am not denying that THQ went bankrupt. I'm just saying they didn't release Saints Row 4 or any other game after going bankrupt. The companies who bought their assets released those games.

All this flack when I just used the words "Remember THQ" ?
Call it 'flack' if you will. You tried to argue the point that Stainless might be bankrupt even though they released multiple games in the last few years, by naming THQ as a supposed example of a company who released (one or more) game(s) after bankruptcy.

But that last part isn't true. THQ didn't release any games after their bankruptcy.

So the point stands: Stainless is not bankrupt.

The fact that these forums are still up and running, the game servers are still up and running, and Shane is still responding to this topic should be a big hint for that too, by the way.
User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt


Thanks for dragging me back into this. Sad to see your still not making sense, how u doing? everything alright.



I assumed it would get a laugh from you. As for making sense we dont have time machine do we. No longer allowed to edit or make a newer post adding suggestions


I am actually surprised you didnt come in without me bringing you in.



not a laugh, i was honored i still haunt your brain. It still reads like the rambling of a madman, you do seem stuck in the past. I complained, and other people if i remember it correct, about you editing your posts while there was a "live" discussion going on, that's annoying as hell. When you reply to something, that gets edited while replying. That was the whole point. nothing more, nothing less



I didnt edit to change facts I editing to add clarity toward my posts. very minor edits change dont change the nature of what I am expressing. Why pick and choose what word someone says when you can discuss the generalization of what they are saying? Like for example talking about mod points with Trent. Good thing the responses arent live in this dead forum.I can still take hours and realize an edit is needed. I tried adding a new post but a moderator told me basically not to make so many posts, so what was I left with ? take a week to respond in a live post ? Especially when I have barely any function on my left hand,typing always was a problem with me, lack of coordination plus still having to see the keyboard when i type its a pain. And now I am in my 50s ?


I brought up the past because we still have the same type of people who cant read and type BS..


Thanks for a polite honest response


For ammunition under Mr Ds belt you may notice Shane didnt talk about the bankruptcy so it must be true :P For those that cant read that was called a JOKE not "proof of bankruptcy".

well, that reply you edited the fuck out, just proves how fucked up it is, you DO add a lot. Maybe take some more time before posting, so you dont need to add stuff hours later. The fact you still think about it, does kinda prove you just type what you think and put it on the internet without thinking it through, thuss needing to edit it all the time.
User avatar
CitizenSwift
pedestrian
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CitizenSwift »

I think what's bothering most people is how everyone else got their rewards - postcards, shirt, poster etc., but it's the most dedicated fans that pledged the highest amount of money that got absolutely nothing (besides the Steam code, of course).

Why not send the other physical rewards, just like they did for everyone else? Why screw the most dedicated fans completely?

I've moved house twice, been employed, made redundant, employed again, had two children and lost my hair since the game came out. My give-a-shit-o-meter is registering a zero and has been for a long time.

Seeing people drop into this thread now and again to complain has been fun over the years though, so thank you all for that :)
User avatar
shane
Stainless
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by shane »

yuske wrote:
I don't know how much is this good to know anymore XD actually, Shane, if you're still around, I'd like to update my address... how can I do this? I remember having done once in the past, but I moved again... I don't want to lose my stuff in case this miracle happens <3
Please send me a message with your new details and I'll make sure I get our records updated for you.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
User avatar
Maxmageddon
pedestrian
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Maxmageddon »

I hope everyone is still alive since 2012... That is very long time now ! Wooooo i'm old...
User avatar
yuske
pedestrian
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by yuske »

shane wrote:Please send me a message with your new details and I'll make sure I get our records updated for you.

done, sent! Thanks Shane!
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Yup cant read https://www.cnet.com/news/saints-row-maker-thq-goes-bankrupt-sells-upcoming-games/ I could swear that says SAINTS ROW GAME MAKER THQ ? So blame the reporter or blame the reader of going off of "false information" ? Volition released a game that was bought out as unfinished at THQ. Why because THQ was bankrupt.


1. Volition did not release the game, volition is the developer (maker) of Saints Row 3 an 4.

2, THQ is not the maker, even though the headline of that article says so. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_IV

Volition made Saints Row 4 (developer) and Deep Silver released it (publisher) after buying it when THQ was liquidated.


I am not denying that THQ went bankrupt. I'm just saying they didn't release Saints Row 4 or any other game after going bankrupt. The companies who bought their assets released those games.



All this flack when I just used the words "Remember THQ" ?


Call it 'flack' if you will. You tried to argue the point that Stainless might be bankrupt even though they released multiple games in the last few years, by naming THQ as a supposed example of a company who released (one or more) game(s) after bankruptcy.

But that last part isn't true. THQ didn't release any games after their bankruptcy.


So the point stands: Stainless is not bankrupt.


The fact that these forums are still up and running, the game servers are still up and running, and Shane is still responding to this topic should be a big hint for that too, by the way.

Just came back for laughs. Thank you for showing the world you cant read I already said I am done with this forum . because of stupid people like you that cant even read.

Why continue to argue piddly shit with a person that is gone? Especially redundant and pointless shit. I got a brick you can argue with.
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

User avatar
JoblessPunk
pedestrian
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by JoblessPunk »

Just saying I haven't received anything yet, it's 2018, and still hoping to get the rewards :)
User avatar
MrDeviance
turbo bastard
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by MrDeviance »

JoblessPunk wrote:Just saying I haven't received anything yet, it's 2018, and still hoping to get the rewards :)

How naive and how cute :D

If you want I can mail you something.

I have a used up balloon but it's only been used once with a girl at a party.

I can mail it to you if receiving things from strangers that don't care about you seems to make you feel better...

Otherwise you can keep waiting for the other strangers to mail you that plastic toy, indefinitely.
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

MrDeviance wrote:
How naive and how cute :D

If you want I can mail you something.

I have a used up balloon but it's only been used once with a girl at a party.

I can mail it to you if receiving things from strangers that don't care about you seems to make you feel better...

Otherwise you can keep waiting for the other strangers to mail you that plastic toy, indefinitely.
I'm pretty sure we all know by now how cynical you are on this subject.

There really isn't any need or use for you to repeat your cynical views (even if they may be justified) everytime a new person posts his thoughts.
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

... and so after decades of awkward waiting, It finally happened and he can prove it by sending out used preservative.



but still congrats I guess =D

User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

maybe its time to create our own T-shirts: "I Backed C:R and i didnt even get my lousy t-shirt"
User avatar
dnakhain
pedestrian
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by dnakhain »

Great, now we have neither the physical rewards nor our own custom "I Backed C:R and i didnt even get my lousy t-shirt" shirts.

Everithing is improving... XD
User avatar
MrDeviance
turbo bastard
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by MrDeviance »

It's both funny and sad that this is literally the last remaining partly active topic out of the entire forum...

Carmageddon: Reincarnation/ Max Damage/ Crashers all managed to kill the brand worse than Duke Nukem Forever killed it's brand.

At least, Duke4.net still has active people to a degree and there are still people hopeful that one day Duke Nukem will see a remake done in the style of Doom 2016

Personally, I think Stainless should sell Carmageddon to a studio that has the budget and the man power to reboot the franchise and so should Gearbox with Duke Nukem.

Duke Nukem would be handled so great in the hands of the current id software team.

As for Carmageddon, hell anybody would do a much better job at this point...

I am not that bothered by the fact that Carmageddon failed as a series after the last game, because such things happen all of the time in this unforgiving game industry especially in this day and age.

What truly bothers me is the way Stainless acted and still does to this day with this deadly silence.

They started so friendly and open and communicative acting like they were everybody's friend around here on these forums and when they fucked up they quickly ended up in a graveyard deafening silence mode like a bunch of kids that got caught cheating at a test and didn't have anything to say in their defense other than to blush and look stupid in front of everybody.

They didn't come up with any excuses for their failure, they didn't try to bullshit their way out of this situation, they didn't even do any false promises of them trying to create more games in the future.

They just straight up went dead silent everywhere and this forum still being up is the only testament to their company still existing in a form.

As I said many times before, I am personally convinced that they are done with games forever, unless they win the lottery and get money to burn on more failures.
But they could at least bid us farewell and say something in their defense or admit they fucked up.

This strategy of not giving a fuck and hiding from their fans for more than a year is really cowardly and bullshit.
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

User avatar
Mintydog
hit n run
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Mintydog »

What are you all doing over there in the office? Absolutely nothing? I wouldn't be surprised if you threw all the T shirts on a big bonfire and had a good old chuckle.

You obviously have no intention of sending ANYTHING out! Other than disappointment.
User avatar
guido
pedestrian
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 11:43 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by guido »

User avatar
Mintydog
hit n run
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Mintydog »

Stainless=Thieves
User avatar
KevinKC
hit n run
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by KevinKC »

Come on people, give them a break.

Things couldn't have gone any worse for a Carmageddon reboot. The game was released unfinished, which probably means they didn't have any money anymore to spend on it. Because of the low framerate problem on release, players were enticed to pirate it instead of buying it in case it wouldn't work properly on their high-end configuration. Then the game was released finished under a different name but critics completely ignored it or even trashed it. Also, players simply didn't understand what was good about it. And ultimate irony, the game was released on the 8th july 2016, one week before the Nice terrorist attack in France where a man killed 86 people by running over them. It really wasn't a time at which a PS4 player was going to talk about a super funny game in which you run over pedestrians.

You backed the development of a game, it tragically failed. That's all.
User avatar
Torick
pedestrian
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Torick »

Now that THQ owns Carmageddon brand, can we have our tier physicals please?
User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

last time before this place is gone:

#sendrewards.