[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
User avatar
Phoenix
pedestrian
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:27 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Phoenix »

It'd be wonderful if Stainless could send out the rewards just so this thread can pass on. Just a place for venting frustrations and sometimes spilling over onto others as it stands now.

I feel for and apologize to anyone else that is sitting here with subscriptions turned on and hoping for some good news.

@Toshiba I am pleased to see that they aren't broke, thanks for the link. A worry when it comes to KS campaigns, especially as drawn out and mostly as silent as this - hopefully all is as good for FY 2018 too.

I have to wonder how much the remaining rewards would actually cost to produce and whether that would erode too much of their cash to be a safe move against their current debts.

Starbuck, you absolutely quoted RagingR2, and even referenced years as a direct follow on - Then responded to something Yuske had said without a further quote. Any confusion caused by the lack of clarity in your post is on you, buddy. Maybe take the aggression down a notch when someone doesn't agree with your reality? :)
User avatar
yuske
pedestrian
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by yuske »

starbuck wrote:Unless you and yuske are the same person

WHOA, I'm me =p calm down! hold your horses! XD I even use my own pic on the profile! =p

starbuck wrote:The butthurt is strong in this one, Seriously why or how would I reply to a post you made a day later ? Where did you accuse Mr D of deleting his post for example ? Try reading the WHOLE post instead of responding to a couple of words in it then you would realize who the post was to.

it was me who said that MrD deleted his own post, because I received the email notification (with the contents) and when I came here to talk about it, it was gone.

starbuck wrote:The forum does not revolve around you. Especially when you never posted to this thread in a while if at all.

I like to think that forums are communities, and so, if it doesn't, it should revolve around everyone of us.

starbuck wrote:Its pretty obvious who I was replying to and FYI the word "bankrupcy" has a T in it.

ah c'mon, you're really holding a typo against him? srsly? You're gonna hold this "srsly" to me, also?

starbuck wrote:You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt

I think, actually, we all have a hand in it some way or another, and should calm down. Nothing good comes from this - specially on a god forsaken thread like this one, where apparently not even mods are looking anymore, much less Stainless ppl (except for the occasional deletion). Just chill, man.

Back on the subject - while I do understand your feeling that Stainless would be bankrupt, evidence points on the other way. But I guess we can all agree that Stainless, sadly, doesn't care anymore for our rant here or in any other place.

I don't think I agree with Raging that Stainless and/or Carma projects "could be in better shape", I played a little of the Carma Crashers and liked it a lot, but not for long. I just grew tired of it. But I do think that it'd be nice of them to remember about us, "the forgotten Kickstarters of Reincarnation" =p
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

No shit it was you that mentioned about Mr D s post being deleted. It was directed at someone that DIDNT make the post

"You linked an article from 2013. With some updates added later, yes. " I linked a post from 2013 ABOUT A GAME THAT CAME OUT IN 2012 ! (for those who cant understand typing thats not in crayon that was a reply to a different post from another page.)

No ,ONCE is a typo but ten times in two different posts ????

I am not going to post discussing the rest of your replies

Please Think for once before posting maybe then there WOULDNT be any toxicity ?
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Phoenix wrote:

Starbuck, you absolutely quoted RagingR2,

My original post was at least a day before he responded, so how was it that I "quoted" him a day before his post ? His last post before my first response was PAGES before I posted.

So tell me , in my first post WHERE did I quote Raging IN MY FIRST POST ? All I said was "Yup cant find anything on the internet" then responded with a link about 1 year AFTER the game was made.

My first post "Yup cant find anything on the internet

https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tiere-1399549666

First page I found. Took what ? all of 2 seconds ?

In this forum you cant DELETE your own reply , but you can change it. Only MODS can delete

EDIT plus all the hate threads all over this forum. Pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Companies only admit failure when its in the best interest to do so."

So where is my quote of Raging here ? You wont find it because I WASNT TALKING TO HIM IN MY FIRST POST He said something simple like " or wasn't that the point you were responding to?" And I responded to that. No big deal but if you want to make it a big deal I got time to waste

No wonder this forum is dead, just argue some point that is irrelevant to the subject matter.

The "reality" here is you assume too much and like to blame people for irrelevant subject matter when you cant even prove things that you accuse them of.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

"unless you've got a link for news or the bankruptcy process - I google and couldn't find anything."

Then I responded to that . No posts from Raging on page 22, as a matter of fact NO posts from him since page 20.

So thats right I MUST be at fault. As I said several pages ago before it was deleted by a moderator "If you want an asshole I can show you an asshole" I am not being toxic I am just typing words on a screen.

Oh thats right I am not allowed to type "repeating posts" nor am I allowed to EDIT my posts , Either way someone bitches
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

User avatar
Phoenix
pedestrian
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:27 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Phoenix »

starbuck wrote:
My original post was at least a day before he responded, so how was it that I "quoted" him a day before his post ? His last post before my first response was PAGES before I posted.

So tell me , in my first post WHERE did I quote Raging ?


In your first post? Nah, but that isn't how forums work, my dude.
vvv Right here is where you quoted him vvv


-- End quote --

You start off with a direct response but about halfway through you start drifting away from what Raging said and by the end are apparently responding to someone else entirely with no indication whatsoever - So reasonable confusion, leading to Raging responding to you repeatedly and then you getting bent out of shape over it. The nerve this guy/gal has, responding to you when you weren't talking to him?!

If you can't see how this all might be misinterpreted it isn't a big leap to understand why you think that Kotaku post is somehow definitive proof of bankruptcy. Life is too short so I'm going to hit ignore now and hope the thread automailer has the logic in place to filter the emails too. I suggest you do the same and I wish you well, Starbuck :)
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Where is the quote with the paranthesis And the quote. Where did raging ever say "Yup cant find anything on the internet" THAT is a QUOTE. You only ASSUME I was responding to him. No where in there was a QUOTE of me repeating what he said.

Definition QUOTE "repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker."

So you have no quote for Raging to respond to ?

I have future references where I discussed something he said but again You show nothing for him to respond toward my original post. So now we have people sticking up for total strangers ? They cant respond themselves ?

The portion you quoted was my response that WAS to him but no reason for HIM to respond to my first post. The forums have things called Timestamps for a reason. Someone posts a response and the others post a response to that person. that is how a forum works.

BTW I never said it was "definite" proof towards bankruptcy, it was just evidence found TOWARD that subject after spending an entire two minutes searching with no actual effort needed.. Its safe to ASSUME they were bankrupt, hence why MR D made his long post

I ASSUMED it was possible. Mr D stated it was "fact". And yet I am the one who gets shit on ??

Its obvious I quoted him at someplace after he came back to this thread, any idiot can see that, just because you can find SOME quote doesnt mean you were right when I asked for "in the original post" because that are how threads ACTUALLY work. You respond to my posts and others reply to those posts in order of posting. Hence why there are timestamps and QUOTE buttons.

Go ahead ignore me, but no hard feelings if you dont have proof of what was originally requested. I know how hard it actually is to figure out what PROOF is.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

CzechDeath wrote:
Here is when CzechDeath called you an idiot hours before you even posted "Nah, but that isn't how forums work, my dude."

Not pointing a finger at you CzechDeath just showing a point
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

This forum is funny I make a post suggesting not to make daily posts asking for rewards cause (obviously now) it wont make them move any faster on getting those out,

Yet more people are standing up for them "because they arent filing for bankruptcy" etc.

And meanwhile I am the one with me having my tongue up Stainlesss' ass ? People on this forum even blame the kickstarters for donating and yet I am the one with the tongue up Stainless' ass ?

Must be some conspiracy . Huh Mr D ?
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:You only ASSUME I was responding to him. No where in there was a QUOTE of me repeating what he said.
Uhm, in comment #241 (click for direct link) you were absolutely responding to me and quoting me, even if that discussion didn't start with a comment from me.

So tell me , in my first post WHERE did I quote Raging IN MY FIRST POST ?
The point is not about your first post. You quoted me in a later response (the response I linked here), and that is the post I responded to.

I didn't realize you were in a private discussion that nobody else could join. I thought this was an open forum where everybody can respond to everyone he wants to.

Neither do I see how the number of posts beneath my name is relevant.

Also, you are talking about toxicity and "being shit on". My worst mistake was a spelling error, while you are the one using capital letters every other sentence, and using phrases like "every idiot can see...etc." (i.e. if you don't agree with my exact position, you are an idiot?).

Geez, how to make a discussion out of nothing.

Most people on this thread agree with each other that even though Stainless is not technically bankrupt, the chances of getting any further physical rewards seem very small now. But even the people who agree on this, manage to start a heated debate with each other about technicalities, or who replied to who, and about exactly how big the degree of shittiness of this situation is.

Relax. We are not each others enemies.
User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

starbuck wrote:
You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt
Thanks for dragging me back into this. Sad to see your still not making sense, how u doing? everything alright.
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

starbuck wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:


Here is when CzechDeath called you an idiot hours before you even posted "Nah, but that isn't how forums work, my dude."


Not pointing a finger at you CzechDeath just showing a point



You need to stop projecting.

Or are you saying that you are so fragile, you get offended by reading too much in to humorous gif? =D C'mon man.
User avatar
Deamon
turbo bastard
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:01 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Deamon »

Damn I really need to unsubscribe this thread ...
User avatar
MrDeviance
turbo bastard
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by MrDeviance »

yuske wrote:

it was me who said that MrD deleted his own post, because I received the email notification (with the contents) and when I came here to talk about it, it was gone.

Yeah, I deleted it myself because I obviously love spending my little free time writing a complex analysis for 30 mins and then when I'm finally done I press POST just so that I can delete it one second later, because... fuck logic...

Are you fucking serious?

When I said that some of my posts are silently being censored communist dictatorship style, I said it because this is how it goes.

Not even a public statement regarding why my post was removed.

If this was a fan forum I could understand having dodgy dictatorial mods but when it's an official forum and official representatives from stainless operate like ninjas, I think there's something that tells all of us how things are going these days...

The bar has dropped so low here that I can't even be assed to discuss about this company.

They disqualify themselves with this never ending silence and this ninja moderation censorship bs...

I initially debated stuff because I thought they still had some dignity left but no, it has really dropped to that point where I previously claimed it will in the near future.

They've dropped so low in the dirt they're practically at paramecium levels right now...

No more need to assess anything about them.

My final conclusion about them is they're beyond dead, they're walking zombies.

And with that I end my plea and most likely unless something interesting pops on this god forsaken forum, I won't bother posting because my posts only get seen by 10 people max these days.

Not really getting why I should still try and bother writing ideological posts when the whole forum has dropped to a max of about 10 active people in total, out of witch at least half are trolls.
User avatar
AluminumHaste
mechanic
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by AluminumHaste »

LOL this isn't a democracy dude, this is a privately owned forums with their own rules. The moderators can do whatever the fuck they want. That includes deleting and censoring whomever they feel they need to.

Calling it communist dictatorship is not far off, and it's ALWAYS been like that.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt


Thanks for dragging me back into this. Sad to see your still not making sense, how u doing? everything alright.

I assumed it would get a laugh from you. As for making sense we dont have time machine do we. No longer allowed to edit or make a newer post adding suggestions

I am actually surprised you didnt come in without me bringing you in.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:
starbuck wrote:You only ASSUME I was responding to him. No where in there was a QUOTE of me repeating what he said.


Uhm, in comment #241 (click for direct link) you were absolutely responding to me and quoting me, even if that discussion didn't start with a comment from me.



So tell me , in my first post WHERE did I quote Raging IN MY FIRST POST ?


The point is not about your first post. You quoted me in a later response (the response I linked here), and that is the post I responded to.

I didn't realize you were in a private discussion that nobody else could join. I thought this was an open forum where everybody can respond to everyone he wants to.

Neither do I see how the number of posts beneath my name is relevant.


Also, you are talking about toxicity and "being shit on". My worst mistake was a spelling error, while you are the one using capital letters every other sentence, and using phrases like "every idiot can see...etc." (i.e. if you don't agree with my exact position, you are an idiot?).


Geez, how to make a discussion out of nothing.

Most people on this thread agree with each other that even though Stainless is not technically bankrupt, the chances of getting any further physical rewards seem very small now. But even the people who agree on this, manage to start a heated debate with each other about technicalities, or who replied to who, and about exactly how big the degree of shittiness of this situation is.

Relax. We are not each others enemies.

"Submitted: Mon, 02/07/2018 - 03:20

starbuck wrote:

Yup cant find anything on the internet

https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tiere-1399549666

First page I found. Took what ? all of 2 seconds ?

You linked an article from 2013. With some updates added later, yes. But I don't see anything about bankrupcy, or wasn't that the point you were responding to?

END QUOTE

ERRORS actually

"That being said, I agree that a lot of wat MrDeviance is saying, is speculation or personal opinion.

The point remains that there is no official news about a bankrupcy, and if there were a bankrupcy, no doubt some source on the internet would write about it sooner or later. Bankrupcies are public affairs after all. You cannot succesfully file a bankrupcy secretly, not even if you are a relatively small company like Stainless. Also: if the plug got pulled on Stainless figuratively, don't you think plugs would also be pulled literally? The servers that host both the game and these forums, are still up and running, so..."

If it was another post you were responding to the why did you use this quote ? If you paid attention. We I AGAIN am talking about your first post to me. Hence the reason to post it all ihn caps because the FIRST time i stated who I was respoding to me you seem to ignore.

QUOTE "

#250 Submitted: Tue, 03/07/2018 - 12:31

"unless you've got a link for news or the bankruptcy process - I google and couldn't find anything."

Then I responded to that . No posts from Raging on page 22, as a matter of fact NO posts from him since page 20.

So thats right I MUST be at fault. As I said several pages ago before it was deleted by a moderator "If you want an asshole I can show you an asshole" I am not being toxic I am just typing words on a screen.

Oh thats right I am not allowed to type "repeating posts" nor am I allowed to EDIT my posts , Either way someone bitches

Edited by: starbuck on Tue, 03/07/2018 - 12:42"

ENDQUOTE

Add to that were are no longer allowed to use caps for emphasis anymore.

If it were a CIVIL forum and not jumping down everybods throat this may have been easier to read but even when using proper posting procedures people dont know how to read. So why bother. (insert last comment from Mr D )

Now please lets just keep this on topic where its going nowhere ?
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

CheckDeath . I was stating that my post wasnt made to offend you since I selected your post out.

You need to stop reading so much into it. So now who is the fragile one ?

This whole forum reminds me of talking to MS Tech Support where not a single one of them could figure out what the letters BR meant when talking about their Xbox ONE BR disk player (which they support mind you) actually meant.

Nice to see you are part of that club

I offer you a courtesy and yet you jump down my throat with a personal attack. pretty short fuse you would say ?

No worries since we knew each other since the 3DFX days :)
User avatar
CzechDeath
kill boss
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Prague

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by CzechDeath »

AluminumHaste wrote:LOL this isn't a democracy dude, this is a privately owned forums with their own rules. The moderators can do whatever the fuck they want. That includes deleting and censoring whomever they feel they need to.

Calling it communist dictatorship is not far off, and it's ALWAYS been like that.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

MrDeviance wrote:
yuske wrote:

it was me who said that MrD deleted his own post, because I received the email notification (with the contents) and when I came here to talk about it, it was gone.



Yeah, I deleted it myself because I obviously love spending my little free time writing a complex analysis for 30 mins and then when I'm finally done I press POST just so that I can delete it one second later, because... fuck logic...

Are you fucking serious?

When I said that some of my posts are silently being censored communist dictatorship style, I said it because this is how it goes.

Not even a public statement regarding why my post was removed.

If this was a fan forum I could understand having dodgy dictatorial mods but when it's an official forum and official representatives from stainless operate like ninjas, I think there's something that tells all of us how things are going these days...

The bar has dropped so low here that I can't even be assed to discuss about this company.

They disqualify themselves with this never ending silence and this ninja moderation censorship bs...

I initially debated stuff because I thought they still had some dignity left but no, it has really dropped to that point where I previously claimed it will in the near future.

They've dropped so low in the dirt they're practically at paramecium levels right now...

No more need to assess anything about them.

My final conclusion about them is they're beyond dead, they're walking zombies.

And with that I end my plea and most likely unless something interesting pops on this god forsaken forum, I won't bother posting because my posts only get seen by 10 people max these days.

Not really getting why I should still try and bother writing ideological posts when the whole forum has dropped to a max of about 10 active people in total, out of witch at least half are trolls.

Coming from the only person EVER to have a post pulled from this forum :P

But you are right , this forum died years ago. I once worked for a company in the throes of bankruptcy. Didnt mind because I still made profit following the owners procedures and policies. The owner even took me to a dance bar
User avatar
yuske
pedestrian
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by yuske »

starbuck wrote:Coming from the only person EVER to have a post pulled from this forum :P
Maybe the only one to complain about it... but no, not the only and not the first time I got an email notification, and when I got here, it was gone...
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

yuske wrote:
starbuck wrote:Coming from the only person EVER to have a post pulled from this forum :P


Maybe the only one to complain about it... but no, not the only and not the first time I got an email notification, and when I got here, it was gone...

That was meant as a joke. In this same thread I have had about maybe 20 posts pulled, I remember doing it as a ploy to get a moderator to respond. Or maybe it was the other backer thread. It was about a year ago. or so it seems. Getting older

But I remembering someone was going to shut up once they recieve any post and when they DID post he still kept complaining, and something about signing an NDA and working 16 years with semantic ?

too bad Stainless gave the same generic reply as from a year before that
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Trying to get back on topicCame acros an old post of Mr Ds "As for me pirating the game at first. Of course I did and I would have not had it any other way."

didnt he just a few pages ago said a friend bought it for him ? Didnt he say they WERENT "fucking cunts" and yet that they WERE "intestinal parasites" and "shitty to the brim "

Whats going on here ?
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

It's nice that you are trying to get back on topic after lashing out against me. But I'm still in a state of confusion.

I am sorry but even after your earlier wall of text, I still don't have the faintest idea what your point was.

I can't make it any simpler than this:

In my reply #236 I responded to your comment #235, that was a comment on somebody else than myself, yes. Is that not allowed? Your remark + link that I quoted, seemed to be a response to Yuske's comment #232 by the way, but frankly does it even matter exactly who you were responding to? Again, this is an open forum.

What is your point with the timestamps? I quoted you because I was responding to your post.

And so what if I didn't post anything on pages 20 to 22? Both #235 and my reply #236 were on page 24, but I don't even see how page numbers are relevant.

P.S. bold and italic text seem to work fine in my post editor, so you really don't have to use capital letters.
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:I am sorry Starbuck, but even with your wall of text, I still don't have the faintest idea what your point is.

I can't make it any simpler than this:

In my reply #236 I responded to your comment #235, that was a comment on somebody else than myself, yes. Is that not allowed? Your remark + link that I quoted, seemed to be a response to Yuske's comment #232 by the way, but frankly does it even matter exactly who you were responding to? Again, this is an open forum.


What is your point with the timestamps? I quoted you because I was responding to your post.

And so what if I didn't post anything on pages 20 to 22? Both #235 and my reply #236 were on page 24, but I don't even see how page numbers are relevant.


And please don't respond with another wall of text. Just answer this simple question:

Why are you getting worked up over the fact that I responded to a post of yours that wasn't written directly at me?


P.S. bold and italic text seem to work fine in my post editor, so you really don't have to use capital letters.


Let me repeat I dont feel you deserve a nicely formatted post because when I DID A well formatted post you still didnt listen

One reason because you sounded all snotty and offered nothing but negativity toward my post. Offer a snotty reply then get a snotty reply back.. Offer some constructive criticism get a decent discussion going.. Dont just jump into a different conversation not directed at you with a negative response like "you are wrong" and just leave it at that. My post offered a link plus how the forum works when I jumped in. Your was just "its too old" for a game that was already 6 years old at this time. A game that came out around 2012. For a web page that was dated a year later. And it COULD be one of the reasons Stainless went under (if so). Plus if you recall I AGREED with some of your post later

I remember a company that went bankrupt once that still released a game afterward and STILL is making that game. Remember THQ ?

This topic has gone way over what it was intended to do you want to just let it go or do you want to keep offering jabs back and forth ? I myself would like to go back toward talking about the truth or lack of it of Mr Ds post. As for toshibas link I dont trust any information that I cant at least fact check from a different source

Pretty much common sense from a post that I SAID you originally responded to

which was QUOTE "

#235 Submitted: Sat, 30/06/2018 - 15:16

Yup cant find anything on the internet

https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tiere-1399549666

First page I found. Took what ? all of 2 seconds ?

In this forum you cant DELETE your own reply , but you can change it. Only MODS can delete

EDIT plus all the hate threads all over this forum. Pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Companies only admit failure when its in the best interest to do so." ENDQUOTE

WHICH I already said AGAIN
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

The reason for those post numbers and time stamps was because I was talking about post 235 but others and you were talking about post number 236 etc

But all of a sudden you are talking about post 235 WHICH I WAS SAYING ?

So why not lets keep bringing up post 236 which i never denied who said what ?
User avatar
starbuck
kill boss
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:26 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by starbuck »

Give you an example of the mentality of this forum.

I once made a post joking that the OP should make hourly posts because he was waiting for his backer materials.

His next post was straight out profanity saying stuff like "fanboy has his tongue up Stainless' ass hole"

I formatted my posts pretty well and only used mostly 5 sentences in my posts saying how stupid he was being.

I repeated it in post after post what the problem was, almost 12 pages later nobody seemed to understand what the issue even linking the original post I was talking about.

Did formatting help ? NO.

So learn to read just how everyone reads in a book. Go top to bottom, and left to right. Suffer because I dont have to come and post replies, I am not obligated to you

Offer courtesy and next have your manhood challenged

Gibbs was right, never apologize.
User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

starbuck wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
starbuck wrote:
You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt


Thanks for dragging me back into this. Sad to see your still not making sense, how u doing? everything alright.



I assumed it would get a laugh from you. As for making sense we dont have time machine do we. No longer allowed to edit or make a newer post adding suggestions


I am actually surprised you didnt come in without me bringing you in.

not a laugh, i was honored i still haunt your brain. It still reads like the rambling of a madman, you do seem stuck in the past. I complained, and other people if i remember it correct, about you editing your posts while there was a "live" discussion going on, that's annoying as hell. When you reply to something, that gets edited while replying. That was the whole point. nothing more, nothing less
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:Dont just jump into a different conversation not directed at you with a negative response like "you are wrong" and just leave it at that.

(...)

My post offered a link plus how the forum works when I jumped in.

I have no idea what you mean with "how the forum works".

I am just gonna repeat: this is an open forum, where everybody can reply to everybody. So yes, I am gonna jump into a discussion whenever I feel like it.

And when I say "I don't see anything about bankrupcy (in that article)", that's what you call "jumping in with a negative response and just leaving it at that" ...?

I didn't say anything harsh or negative; I was just responding my honest observation after reading the article you linked.

Also it wasn't "a different conversation".

In #231, MrDeviance said: "They are bankrupt mate, you are just in denial."

In #232, Yuske said: "unless you've got a link for news or the bankruptcy process - I google and couldn't find anything."

In #235, You (starbuck) said: "https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tie... First page I found. Took what ? all of 2 seconds ?"

In #236, I (RagingR2) replied: "I don't see anything about bankrupcy"

How is what I said "a different conversation"?

In this forum you cant DELETE your own reply , but you can change it. Only MODS can delete

And what does editing or deleting posts have anything to do with it? I don't see how this is relevant at all. The chronological order of people responding to each other (231-232-235-236) was perfectly clear for everyone but you, it seems.


Your was just "its too old" for a game that was already 6 years old at this time. A game that came out around 2012. For a web page that was dated a year later. And it COULD be one of the reasons Stainless went under (if so).
First of all: not true, I didn't just say "it's too old", I remarked that the article you linked wasn't about a bankruptcy in the first place, which was what the subject of this thread was at that moment.

(( The article is about the full package; the article says how Kickstarter backers were not going to get the full package, after which Stainless changed their decision, to give Kickstarter backers the full package after all, future DLC included. But nothing about a bankruptcy. ))

Now you are saying about that article from 2013: "it COULD be one of the reasons" (for a bankruptcy).

That's just your speculation however. Sure, you have every right to speculate. Yet you were linking the article, as if it was the definitive proof for a bankcruptcy, and that Yuske was too lazy to search for, with a sarcastic remark about how it took you 2 seconds to find it.

But the article that you found in 2 seconds in no way proves that Stainless is bankrupt.

My point about the article being from 2013 was: how could an article from 2013 possibly prove a bankruptcy, if only because we know that Stainless have been active well after 2013, with releasing games and sending out physical rewards?

  • The post from Shane that started this topic, in which he lists the first batches of physical rewards being sent out, is from 2014

  • 2014: Stainless released Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015 (Wizards of the Coast)

  • 2015: Stainless released Carmageddon Reincarnation

  • 2016: Stainless released Magic Duels: Origins (Wizards of the Coast)

  • 2016: Stainless released Carmageddon: Max Damage

  • 2017: Stainless released Carmageddon: Crashers

I remember a company that went bankrupt once that still released a game afterward and STILL is making that game. Remember THQ ?

I'm not sure exactly what game you are referring to. Even if THQ went bankrupt, I'm pretty sure they weren't bankrupt at the moment they released a game. Possibly you are referring to the fact that, after THQ's liquidation around 2012, Nordic Games acquired THQ's properties in 2014, and renamed itself THQ Nordic in 2016. So, that's not the same company that went bankrupt. They only acquired their properties and re-used their name as part of their own.

In other words, that's still not proof that Stainless is bankrupt or ever was bankrupt.

Companies only admit failure when its in the best interest to do so.

If you mean by this that Stainless could be bankrupt without anyone knowing about it, then no, that is pretty much impossible.

Bankruptcy, or liquidation as it's called in the UK where Stainless are based, is decided on in a court. So you can't keep that a secret. It's publicly accessible information if a company is liquidated, either by it's own request or by the request of financial creditors (people or companies that they owe money to).

As for toshibas link I dont trust any information that I cant at least fact check from a different source

Oh, so you do understand the concept of checking proof?

Yet we should all just trust purely on your speculation that Stainless must be bankrupt, based on an article from 2013 about Kickstarter backers that were angry about not getting the full package + DLC?

And when I read that article and tell you that I don't think it's proof for a bankruptcy at all, you react all strange and call it "jumping in with a negative response".

This topic has gone way over what it was intended to do you want to just let it go or do you want to keep offering jabs back and forth ?

Still, you were the one starting a discussion about who was allowed to reply to who. So you really have no right to accuse anyone of going off topic.

I myself would like to go back toward talking about the truth or lack of it of Mr Ds post.

That is still exactly what I am doing, even though you call it "jabs back and forth".

The "truth" of MrDeviance's post, specifically his claim that Stainless is bankrupt, still has absolutely no proof to it.
User avatar
shane
Stainless
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by shane »

Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
User avatar
RagingR2
mechanic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by RagingR2 »

shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.
Wow, we got a response!

Hi there Shane. On that topic: do you have any news after all this time?

It was 2014 when the start post was last updated with any new shipments.

And it was 2016 when you last responded to this topic.

Since then there have been about 16 pages full of people asking for updates, not getting any responses, and then speculating about conclusions.

So... maybe it's about time for an update?

Even if it's bad news, how about taking the Kickstarter backers seriously, and at least give them some honest information.
User avatar
yuske
pedestrian
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by yuske »

shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.

WHOOOOOOOOA! SHANE! But... I thought I remember reading a tweet or something about you leaving Stainless?

But pleeeeeeease get us back on topic, give us some love - even that merciful shot to kill any hope we still have left will do.
User avatar
shane
Stainless
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 am

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by shane »

yuske wrote:
WHOOOOOOOOA! SHANE! But... I thought I remember reading a tweet or something about you leaving Stainless?

But pleeeeeeease get us back on topic, give us some love - even that merciful shot to kill any hope we still have left will do.
Nope, I'm still here! I unfortunately don't have an update on Kickstarter rewards for you though other than it's still our intention to fulfil the rewards.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
User avatar
Fr0ntj3
speed freak
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

shane wrote:Whoa guys, lets get this thread back on topic about Kickstarter rewards please.
you know what would be on topic....actual new info about rewards 'n stuff :p