Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Special VIP Guest Ten K Ken from Cancun!

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hello! Sim here with another blog for ya! It’s been so hectic here that (as usual) I forgot to do a blog about the latest news and happenings here at Stainless Games!

Read the rest here
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
polk147
pedestrian

Post by polk147 »

He seems to be a nice guy.

I Wish e chossen a nice sports car, maybe Twin Mill made by Hotwheels
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Neat little update there. Ken seems like a laugh :-)

First thing I thought of when I saw that blurred photo though was Ferrari P4/5. Don't know why just.. yeah.

I did notice a non-blurry image of A car in one those later photos. Looks a bit like a old hot rod from the back view or maybe a le mans car from the front.. it's a little difficult to tell even though it's not blurred out.
RMJ
driver

Post by RMJ »

Ken needs to stop playing Street fighter ken in the real world and break hands :P

Man its such a drag having you hand in that stuff, broke mine not long ago. You really find out how much you use 2 hands, when you suddenly only have 1.

Definitely cool to watch! :D only wish i could afford that much, most be badass to get to visit the Carmageddon HQ!.
Donatello
mechanic

Post by Donatello »

Ken is a good looking guy and that is coming from a guy who is not gay. Nobby on the other hand is almost as ugly as me. :)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

thanks for the update there sim great to see another fan walking in and haveing fun, The ground floor and all your play meterials lol are i hope just for relaxation and to let go off a few rounds of laughs ? lol, I do wonder though what you where thinking when you posted your doodle on Ken's arm :P.

Good to see that everthing there even you sim and others take a light hearted approch to things even when you have to kuckledown and do some work as well :).

Duel screen for work great i just think are you programming or watching usb tv ? lol could do both with duel screen.

Thanks once again for the small update will be waiting for more :).
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

Hehe I'm not surprised about the cast. Typical Stainless *rolls eyes*

Ten K Ken, wow! Much respect, both for having that kind of cash to spare & for giving it to Stainless. I look forward to meeting your digital alter ego in a head on collision at 200mph :)

Thanks for another amusing update sim!
D1E9A7T8H
pedestrian

Post by D1E9A7T8H »

Nice to have a Belgian in your studio and in-game for us. A word of advice: never try beating Belgians in drinking contests: we have the best and strongest beers in the world, so keep trying.

The blurred picture was imo. a lamborghini: pic taken from behind, maybe reventon?

Anyways, hoping to get my hands on CArmAGeDDon R. very soon, 'cause lets face it the orignal looks like sh*t on a modern display... That's why one should keep his old displays...

Now get on with it!!

Love y'all!
GeneralAtrox
pedestrian

Post by GeneralAtrox »

I am curious to his reason for donating so much! =D

Can anyone elaborate on this?

I don't usually pledge £6,200 to computer games everyday :)
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

Nice update!

Although, I am jealous of Ken, I must admit.

Not because of having the money to donate, or getting his own car and image in game.

But, for having met, and hung out with, Sim.

:)

Must have been a great time, as everyone looks like they have genuine smiles, and not just the fake 'taking a picture' smiles.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Ken is dreamy
meh
Owhora
pedestrian

Post by Owhora »

TurboDonkey007 wrote:Ken is dreamy
ikr.... he's definitely Eye candy. :D

Ken, are you available? lol

(pm me if you like XD)
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

D1E9A7T8H wrote:A word of advice: never try beating Belgians in drinking contests: we have the best and strongest beers in the world, so keep trying.

Beer in a drinking contest? Pah! Pints of vodka, that's the ticket!

Good stuff, and I look forward to seeing the vehicle in the finished game!

New life mission: Go on the razz with the Stainless crew, who seem to be one of the most epically hardcore drinking groups in the country...
MortalMaxx
pedestrian

Post by MortalMaxx »

I really thought only old rich guys would donate that much. Is his character gonna be as a rich guy in the game too?

Jk. Can't wait to wreck his car, maybe add an extra cast for more fractures in te future!

anyway, I enjoyed reading this topic :)
Krazy_Kroz
pedestrian

Post by Krazy_Kroz »

Awesome stuff. Ken's fortunate to be able to do this. If I had 10k I'd have donated it, i would love to be a character! Not many characters with beards :)
KazzyMac
turbo bastard

Post by KazzyMac »

Guessing from the blurry mugshot I'm gonna take a go at it being an Aventador or possibly a Murcielago ... further deliberation makes me think it's probably something to do with a remake of the Lamb O'Genie, but I could be hella wrong/just too drunk to know sense :D

Congrats though. I wish I had 10K to throw at Stainless. Only got a can of beer and an empty pizza box at the moment though lol ;D
Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

I'd wonna have all those pleasures Ken went thru for a.... dollar, thank you. lol

10k? Why it's system/network admin's salary for a month, God-fuckin'-dammit!!! rofl Lucky guy. The car's blurred & non-blurred images that caught my eye have reverted resemblance to Eagle, i guess. Slashing stuff on bonnet & sides? Sounds tasty. :)
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

Well excuse me, but THIS WAS FUCKING AWESOME! :D

Thanks for sharing it guys!!
har_g
pedestrian

Post by har_g »

Yeah, Belgium guy in the place :)
suicidal_banana
hit n run

Post by suicidal_banana »

Really cool, well deserved too for such a massive pledge, hats off too you (and your funds) Ken from Cancun! Thanks for making this game a reality (a 'little' more then the rest of us)
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
Muscleduck
pedestrian

Post by Muscleduck »

Cool update. Belgium represent! Ken seems like a cool dude. Can't wait to see his vehicle ingame.
BFishY
mechanic

Post by BFishY »

Interesting photos... I still have just one question... How is Nobby so damn sexy? :c
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

what did I see in the #4th picture, an Xbox? And on the #9th photo an xbox controller?!

will you port this puppy on consoles too?

or were those actually intended to play other games, for joy and lust.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Well Stainless also make Duels of the Planeswalkers, so it makes sense for them to have XBoxes about the place. I'm sure lots of "research" happens on there too! ;)
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

jimday wrote:what did I see in the #4th picture, an Xbox? And on the #9th photo an xbox controller?!

will you port this puppy on consoles too?

or were those actually intended to play other games, for joy and lust.

They have expressed interest in bringing it to consoles and, as Stygimoloch mentioned, they're a fully licensed 360 & PS3 developer having released games on both XBLA and PSN.

Regarding the controller, the Xbox 360 controller is effectively the defacto gamepad for a PC these days and I would be very surprised if they didn't support it. I expect some of them even use a 360 controller to test the game as many developers do these days.

Edit: Yeah it's a wired controller so it's likely to be for PC use rather than Xbox use ;)

On another interesting not, check out the dude in the background of this pic:
http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/default/files/blog/sim_03/sim-still-drawing-nobs.jpg

He's playing a build of the game, is that Tez's eagle he's using there or a different car?
a.k.a. Brent
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

I wonder just how many people are going over those images, enhancing them to try and find hidden info...
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

shane wrote:I wonder just how many people are going over those images, enhancing them to try and find hidden info...
I enlarged it with paint but it didn't work.

All those CSI series are such bullshit.

After watching CSI more carefully and enhancing the screenshot it looks like a F1 vehicle.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

"Why is it still blurry?"

"That's all the resolution we have. Making it bigger doesn't make it clearer."

"It does on CSI:Miami!"
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

BFishY wrote:Interesting photos... I still have just one question... How is Nobby so damn sexy? :c

Ask Hobbes
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Ken is one lucky guy. I'm quite envious and wish I had that much cash to spare hehe. Looks like it was a good time, exactly what I'd expect to happen at stainless. Keep it up guys, looking forward to seeing what new vehicle emerges.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

stygimoloch wrote:"Why is it still blurry?"

"That's all the resolution we have. Making it bigger doesn't make it clearer."

"It does on CSI:Miami!"

"Pull out, stop, wait, track in, stop, enhance reflection, zoom, pan right, find a water droplet, zoom 80, enhance reflection, stop, rotate 170, zoom 220." - Rimmer from Red Dwarf Back To Earth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFkb0d1kbU)

If only that would work on these pictures!
a.k.a. Brent
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Trent wrote:"Pull out, stop, wait, track in, stop, enhance reflection, zoom, pan right, find a water droplet, zoom 80, enhance reflection, stop, rotate 170, zoom 220." - Rimmer from Red Dwarf Back To Earth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFkb0d1kbU)
*like*

That's the only clip I've seen of Back to Earth! It seems to be a popular one XD

I did manage to catch one of series X though.
Sjeng
pedestrian

Post by Sjeng »

Looks like a very entertaining day over there :)

Can't wait for the end result!!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

stygimoloch wrote:*like*

That's the only clip I've seen of Back to Earth! It seems to be a popular one XD

That's possibly the best scene in the whole of Back To Earth. Series X was superb, proper old style Red Dwarf, I'd definitely recommend buying the DVD/Bluray/digital download. The more sales it gets the greater the chance they make Series XI! :D

Back on topic, I am quite envious of Ten K Ken for getting to go bum around the Stainless offices for a day and have a laugh with the crew. Not at all surprised his cast was covered with cocks by the end of the day haha.
a.k.a. Brent
KazzyMac
turbo bastard

Post by KazzyMac »

Trent wrote:
stygimoloch wrote:*like*

That's possibly the best scene in the whole of Back To Earth. Series X was superb, proper old style Red Dwarf, I'd definitely recommend buying the DVD/Bluray/digital download. The more sales it gets the greater the chance they make Series XI! :D

Back on topic, I am quite envious of Ten K Ken for getting to go bum around the Stainless offices for a day and have a laugh with the crew. Not at all surprised his cast was covered with cocks by the end of the day haha.

Pretty sure they would have drawn cocks on his face too if they'd been given half the chance ;)
Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.

Check who’s online