Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Kickstarter Survey information

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

well i have never done that before but thanks..

STEAM_0:0:10857287 < thats mine oh well i guess i messed up with the form as well as i didnt even know about that steam crap. you have it now :P
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

My issue is that I don't have a single friend who is interested in Carmageddon so I don't know what platform I want my extra copies. I may never know. I might end up selling my extra copies since all I really wanted was the 2 eagle models & the boxed game.
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Thanks.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Wazzo wrote:I really need the tshirt size measurements before submitting the survey. I'd be mighty pissed off if I get another shit that isn't long enough (i'm tall but usually M), and I don't want to end up getting an L and it being baggy, just to play it safe that M doesn't fit.

Does this sizing chart apply? :

http://carmageddon.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/info/producttypedetails/Popup/Show/productType/6

Yes, it applies. Spreadshit makes all their shirts for them. They're not going to change the vendor just for the kickstarter t-shirts.
Kosomot
pedestrian

Post by Kosomot »

hammr25 wrote:
Wazzo wrote:I really need the tshirt size measurements before submitting the survey. I'd be mighty pissed off if I get another shit that isn't long enough (i'm tall but usually M), and I don't want to end up getting an L and it being baggy, just to play it safe that M doesn't fit.

Does this sizing chart apply? :

http://carmageddon.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/info/producttypedetails/Popup/Show/productType/6

Yes, it applies. Spreadshit makes all their shirts for them. They're not going to change the vendor just for the kickstarter t-shirts.

Thanks for that info, I needed it too :)
Phoenix84
pedestrian

Post by Phoenix84 »

How does the DRM-free version work with the Double Whammy? If the DRM free version is only for a single platform (which I haven't heard an answer on either), then for the Double Whammy, can I pick two different platforms, or do I get both on the same platform?
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

Phoenix84 wrote:How does the DRM-free version work with the Double Whammy? If the DRM free version is only for a single platform (which I haven't heard an answer on either), then for the Double Whammy, can I pick two different platforms, or do I get both on the same platform?

You only get one DRM-free version. Not two.
Phoenix84
pedestrian

Post by Phoenix84 »

Poppaukko wrote:You only get one DRM-free version. Not two.

Bummer. Thanks.
Jalister
pedestrian

Post by Jalister »

Poppaukko wrote:
Phoenix84 wrote:How does the DRM-free version work with the Double Whammy? If the DRM free version is only for a single platform (which I haven't heard an answer on either), then for the Double Whammy, can I pick two different platforms, or do I get both on the same platform?

Is there an official statement on that? I got the Double Whammy to cover my two platforms, in case we weren't getting access to all platforms with one purchase.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

This does seem odd. Why can't people just have their platform & version of choice for each copy they are entitled to?? What's the point of restricting peoples choice like this?
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

Jalister wrote:
Poppaukko wrote:

Is there an official statement on that? I got the Double Whammy to cover my two platforms, in case we weren't getting access to all platforms with one purchase.

On the Kickstarter page it states: "DOUBLE WHAMMY: A total of 2 digital download codes for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Now you can bring a friend to play! And remember, these come with beta access too! (+Previous Rewards)"

You get the previous rewards and that includes the DRM-free category. Nowhere does it state that you get 2xDRM-free copies with the Double Whammy or that it doubles the DRM-free amount.

E: Not that I would object getting more than one DRM-free.
child01
pedestrian

Post by child01 »

What is "Name for Credit"? What credit? Just my name? Full name?

Please, people, if u know, tell me!
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

child01 wrote:What is "Name for Credit"? What credit? Just my name? Full name?

Please, people, if u know, tell me!

See:

Q: What is the 'Name for Credit' field for?

A: This is the name that you would like to have appear on the credits for Carmageddon:Reincarnation. For $1 backers, this will be a credit on this website, and for all other backers you will also get a credit in the game.
Carmageddon1984
pedestrian

Post by Carmageddon1984 »

Shane, you did not answer - will the DRM copy on steam, be platform independent?? I MUST know the answer before I can fill your damn survey!

Thanks.
child01
pedestrian

Post by child01 »

Thank you Poppaukko!
Some Guy
pedestrian

Post by Some Guy »

Is there any way for me to fill out the survey in such a way that I don't receive physical items and you don't incur the expense of ordering and shipping them? I'm in the $100 tier but I really only want the digital goods and would rather you save the money on ordering stuff I don't want.
jokergermany
pedestrian

Post by jokergermany »

Poppaukko wrote:
Jalister wrote:
Poppaukko wrote:

On the Kickstarter page it states: "DOUBLE WHAMMY: A total of 2 digital download codes for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Now you can bring a friend to play! And remember, these come with beta access too! (+Previous Rewards)"

You get the previous rewards and that includes the DRM-free category. Nowhere does it state that you get 2xDRM-free copies with the Double Whammy or that it doubles the DRM-free amount.

Why should i need to Copies for the same license?

Nothing despite the OS is different.

Even Microsoft let me Install Windows on as many systems as i want, but i only allowed to use one at the same time.

This is logical...

In the Backers text they mentioned a "friend" and i am not schizophrenic so i didn't choose this plegde.

If I had kown this before i make a plegde, i wouldn't had made a pledge...

I will not fill out the survey till someone official post something about this.

Shane didn't react on my eMails...
gotohell
pedestrian

Post by gotohell »

This survey is obviously not thought out well. it causes confusion. just look at the posts here.

I actually enter n/a for data fields on websites i don't care to enter the actual info. i did so on the steamid section for the survey without seeing this faq where they say that people can actually use NA, if they want. but now i wonder if that means such people will not get the steam version. i want the steam version, so i assume we will get a serial number for steam version via email and that the steamid requirement is only for early beta access.
Jalister
pedestrian

Post by Jalister »

Poppaukko wrote:
Jalister wrote:
Poppaukko wrote:

E: Not that I would object getting more than one DRM-free.

What about the scenario where the backer runs Windows, and the friend runs Linux?

I really think it's time we get some official answers.
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

so many questions, so little time.
brianzimm
pedestrian

Post by brianzimm »

Any date on when the paypal backers will get the survey?
Psygineer
mechanic

Post by Psygineer »

Carmageddon1984 wrote:Shane, you did not answer - will the DRM copy on steam, be platform independent?? I MUST know the answer before I can fill your damn survey!

Thanks.

I can't speak for Stainless, but typically the way Steam works is if you buy the game once on Steam (or activate a key on Steam), you own it for all operating systems Steam supports it on. If the Mac version is through Steam (which is likely), then you will have it on Mac also along side on the PC (all via one key/purchase). They do not charge extra for this service.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Shane/anyone, I'm a $150 kick in the box backer. My issue is that I need one DRM copy for myself but the other copies I cannot say whether I want DRM or DRM free, nor can I say which platform I want. If giving this info is required by the form, as I believe it is, then I cannot fill in the form. I need to be able to specify only one of my copies now & wait indefinitely to specify what format & platform I want the others. I mean so what if I haven't claimed my extra copies 6 months after the release of C:R, I should be able to claim them as & when not be forced to choose now.
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

Agreed. I also created a thread some time ago with similar concerns, and never saw a reply, despite being pretty high up in the list still - and Shane nor any other admin appears to have gone in and answered my concerns. I am now unable to answer the survey, which, fortunately I have not heard of a deadline for - despite seeing a 'final reminder' whatever that means! Until I get either suitable clear questions or full information on what I'm getting I cannot answer any of the questions - and I don't intend to have monitor this thread, as it's quite long, and covering a wide range of issues, so will likely be too fast moving for me to want to read every single post.

Here is my other thread. Please post there, to raise awareness on this issue, and make the thread stand out to Shane and other admins....

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/22459
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hey everyone - I'll try and get some answers to questions asap - just catching up on a backlog of emails and messages!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Cumon Shane, its been 8 days since you last posted here. I ended up just picking Windows for the DRM free choice on the form but I don't even want a DRM free copy now that I think about it. I plan on using all online features so I won't need a DRM free copy & I'm not gonna be happy if I'm forced to accept copies I don't want! We need to be allowed to choose DRM or DRM free & any platform for each copy we have paid for and we should be able to choose when it suits us. I may only take one windows DRM copy for myself & wait a year before I find other people to donate or sell my other copies to. I need to be able to wait as long as it takes to choose the platform & version for each spare copy.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Sorry for the delay in getting information back to you all. I can confirm that with the Steam version we intend to utilise Steam Play. The following is taken from Steams website:

"Steam Play allows you to purchase your games once and play anywhere. Whether you have purchased your Steam Play enabled game on a Mac or PC, you will be able to play on the other platform free of charge."

More information can be found here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308
Hearnia_2k
pedestrian

Post by Hearnia_2k »

So, Shane, are we expecting to get more updates to this from you, as it's been a while since the first one now, but the thing is I am am still no closer to understanding whats going on for my reward tier, the $30 Double Whammy tier, as many people have been asking about, including myself over the last page or two in this thread. I also opened a separate thread too, as this one did not seem relevant at the time for my concerns.

Thanks
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hearnia_2k wrote:So, Shane, are we expecting to get more updates to this from you, as it's been a while since the first one now, but the thing is I am am still no closer to understanding whats going on for my reward tier, the $30 Double Whammy tier, as many people have been asking about, including myself over the last page or two in this thread. I also opened a separate thread too, as this one did not seem relevant at the time for my concerns.

Thanks

For your $30 DOUBLE WHAMMY reward tier you will get 2 Steam codes to download the game, plus the option to download a DRM-free version without Steam features.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Thanks for clarifying shane but I don't get the logic there. Why restrict our choices like that? Why can't someone like him have 3 DRM free copies if that is what he wanted?

Personally I only want 1 steam version for myself & I want to decide at a later date what my other 3 copies will be. Maybe 3 DRM free copies, maybe not.
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

It's a DRM free copy. Only your conscience dictates to whom you give it to. But you will burn in hell if you give it to anyone who hasn't paid for the game.
Some Guy
pedestrian

Post by Some Guy »

Any word on how to fill out the survey if you don't want any of the physical goods?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

spaceman the kickstarter stated what it stated the clear words is what is outlined in the giveaway , if he wanted 3 codes then he should have gone for that tier, i belive they have to stick to what the tier pay said, so theres no more / less unless they do an extra paypal thing that allows you to do so. but if he wants 3 and he gets 2 then he can then buy it after for that person. anyways enough let stainless catch up.
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

lemonrev wrote:spaceman the kickstarter stated what it stated the clear words is what is outlined in the giveaway , if he wanted 3 codes then he should have gone for that tier, i belive they have to stick to what the tier pay said, so theres no more / less unless they do an extra paypal thing that allows you to do so. but if he wants 3 and he gets 2 then he can then buy it after for that person. anyways enough let stainless catch up.
You seem to be missing my point lemon. Take me as an example. $150 backer. That means I've pre-ordered 4 copies of the game. Why should Stainless dictate whether my copies are DRM or DRM free & why should they dictate when I receive my copies? Since we are talking about digital media here, nothing physical, where is the logic in restricting peoples choices?

Some Guy wrote:Any word on how to fill out the survey if you don't want any of the physical goods?
Really?? Dude if I pay you can I have them? Lol
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Meh, I got the 150$ tier as well but im happy just to recive one copy as i dont think i can get that many of my personal friends a copy since they are mostly doing other things,

But As for the Way things are given out, if i say orded 4 copyies of the game 1 being drm free then thats 1 version i could if i really wanted to give away for free or even keep for my self and let other people download from that. I dont understand your fuss man, i really dont, When the game comes out it should be sold if you still want extra copys then, well you can always get more..

Check who’s online