Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Kickstarter Survey information

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

jokergermany wrote:I want a refund too.

1. I didn't want to choose between linux or windows.

I want to have both and i thought i will get both. That was the only reason i pledged.

2. And your previous plans selling us backers DLCs show me that your company didn't want carmageddon back, you only want to create a cash cow!

It was a shock for me! That you change your mind was necessary, but together with the first point it is the straw that breaks the camel's back!

That's a pitty, carmageddon is a great game but i didn't want to support a greedy company as a backer! =(

I will buy it, when there is a game of the year edition with all dlcs.

It was said that the steam key will give you access to windows, linux, and mac versions, if I understood that part correctly.

And, getting the dlc free is bad for you how? It is actually bad for Stainless, not for you.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@jokergermany: to hell with people like you, you don't realize it but you are the greedy one. I hope you get your money back an forget about the game so you never enjoy it.

HURRR MUH MONEE!! ILL BUY TEH GOTY VERSION WITH 75% SALE ON STEAM IN 10 YEARZ
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
jokergermany
pedestrian

Post by jokergermany »

Dave3d wrote:
It was said that the steam key will give you access to windows, linux, and mac versions, if I understood that part correctly.
Steam =! DRM Free

Dave3d wrote:
And, getting the dlc free is bad for you how? It is actually bad for Stainless, not for you.

Bad is that they thought, that they can milk us like cows...
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

jokergermany wrote:
Bad is that they thought, that they can milk us like cows...
I dont see anything greedy about getting funds from DLC, Stainless has to stay in business somehow.

I dont think stainless has shown itself to be greedy so far, i'm under the impression that their DLCs are going to be expansion packs or so, which would totally be worth the money in my opinion.

People shouldnt jump on the "greed" bandwagon whenever they can. This situation reminds me a lot of when Stainless went on a trip to the racetrack and all of a sudden a ton of users complained that their Kickstarter money was being wasted... when Stainless wasn't using the Kickstarter money to go to the race track in the first place.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

FatCat wrote:People shouldnt jump on the "greed" bandwagon whenever they can.
The ironic thing is most of the people who jump on the greed bandwagon are generally being greedy themselves, not wanting to pay but still get what they want. I remember when EA did a Humble Bundle the other month, the internet was aflame with "EA are SOOO greedy doing this! I'm never going to give EA any money, I'm off to a torrent site just to spite them!" despite the fact it 100% of the money raised through it was given to charity and people could pay what they wanted.

"Greed" seems to be an easy scapegoat for the irrational bitterness many seem to have gamers these days. They don't need to explain why they're upset, or understand the reasons behind the thing that's making them upset, or even to accept they're wrong in their prejudice. They can just shout GREED at the top of their virtual lungs.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online