Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Split Screen/Multiple Screen Support

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS on the SPLITSCREEN STRETCHGOAL?????

As I read the comments on the newest update, I´m wondering that there isn´t more enthusiasm about it. Personally I´d love to have a 2 - 4 Split Screen (or even better: multiple Monitor Gaming). A lot of my friends don´t have modern machines (that´s why we still have C1 LAN Partys), but they would definitaly like to play the new Carma. So Splitscrren/multiple screen support would be a blast I think!

be honest, if you want a small multiplayer game going (but actually being with your buddies in the same room), it´s so much more comfortable to just come over and be ready to play for 3 hours, than managing to get a big PC with screen and stuff over there!

Pleae don´t post here, that this goal is very unlikely to be reached. Show Stainless your passion for that great feature!
Specht
driver

Post by Specht »

I would really, really, REALLY love splitscreen support, hell, playing online is fun, sure, but then inviting friends to your house and playing some splitscreen with xbox controllers (or any other controller really) while having some beers and snacks is always fun! Specially when you invite people who don't play much (girls).

Dirt 3 is a great example, great game and great splitscreen support, I've played it numerous times, either with my xbox controllers or with two racing wheels in my house (on the PC, I only own an old xbox [not the 360] and I still have all 4 controllers which work on Dirt 3).

This weekend I'll have my birthday, and I invited a lot of people over to play some stuff, eat and drink before we go out to a pub or something. So I'll put my PC on the living room, connect it to the TV and have some splitscreen action, NOW IMAGINE THAT WITH CARMAGEDDON REINCARNATION!!!

I have a feeling that Stainless will develop this regardless of the stretch goal being reached or not though, they are a nice bunch of people...
Arnathos
hit n run

Post by Arnathos »

I love it personally, I've always loved split screen. Though we do have multiple pc's at home so me and my brother-in-law just usually use those, sometimes with a few other friends and my son joining in. But if split screen lan play is an option then that doubles the amount of people who can play! And as I have found with carmageddon, the more people, the more chaos, the more fun!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
tooroo
mechanic

Post by tooroo »

I friggin LOVE this stretchgoal, multiplayer / split screen Co-Op YEAH BABY!

I wish it was the $600 stretchgoal though... seems really hard to reach.

It would be an awesome feature.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

tooroo wrote:I friggin LOVE this stretchgoal, multiplayer / split screen Co-Op YEAH BABY!

I wish it was the $600 stretchgoal though... seems really hard to reach.

It would be an awesome feature.

You can practically forget those 750.000 bucks features.

That sum won't happen, no way no how.

And there's no reason to believe that a donation boom will go off, especially not after the project has been funded.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Mr.Deviance wrote:You can practically forget those 750.000 bucks features.

And there's no reason to believe that a donation boom will go off, especially not after the project has been funded.
Says the guy who was worried Stainless was doing nothing and would never reach 400k.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

hammr25 wrote:
Mr.Deviance wrote:You can practically forget those 750.000 bucks features.

Says the guy who was worried Stainless was doing nothing and would never reach 400k.

I was paranoid at the beginning I admit it.

The reason why I was so paranoid is that I didn't know how kickstarter's donation dynamics work and how there can be sudden explosions in the donation amount and speed.

I was just seeing how shit was going down day after day and if you check kicktraq you can see I had every reason to be paranoid.

But then the updates started happening and at least one or two of them really got people fired up and we saw some very epic donation days a week or two later.

However this time I said it so I can be covered!

I won't go on to claim that magic can't happen anymore and I even said that carma 2 on gog might actually help it reach $600k

I am just noticing that usually after kickstarter projects make stretch goals, they usually die down after the project has reached it's initial goal.

It can happen that we get to see a boost of donations in the last 3 days but considering that this is funded, I don't know how hopeful one should be to see that.

I'm just skeptical like my usual self but if you do the math you will realize they need to make AT LEST $24,700 per day to reach $600,000 in the remaining 5 days!

And to reach the sum of $650,000 they need to make at least $35,500 per day which is nice to expect but not very realistic in my opinion.

Dare I say that to reach $750,000 they actually need AT LEAST $54,500 per day EVERY DAY including today?

What I'm curious to know is what will happen if the guys that donated just for the sake of linux and mac, won't actually get to see it reach $600,000?

Will they want their money back because they would have only been able to play it if it was going to come out for mac or linux?

Another thing that I wonder about is, if the extra money aren't enough to port it to linux and mac, will those extra money be sent back or be used to make the pc version better?

I really have no problem with screwing the mac and linux users and use their money to polish the pc version, I actually encourage it but some of them might be vocal if that happens lol.
iggii
driver

Post by iggii »

In my opinion, Id rather have Carma cooked and playable asap, then have split screen - it could be added later as DLC/patch/in next carma game.

I wouldnt like to see devs chew too big bite and then have less time on more important things:

dont get me wrong, split screen is definitely not bad and I support it, but at this point we already have promised multiplayer in the game, so lets focus on other things to get them up and running no?
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Dark_Pontifex wrote:Pleae don´t post here, that this goal is very unlikely to be reached. Show Stainless your passion for that great feature!
just a friendly reminder!
tooroo
mechanic

Post by tooroo »

iggii wrote:In my opinion, Id rather have Carma cooked and playable asap, then have split screen - it could be added later as DLC/patch/in next carma game.
For me the split-screen part is less important, although I probably WOULD make use of it, but it's the CO-OP mode that gets me excited. I they're gonna make it a DLC or patch, that's fine by me, but I doubt they would make it without reaching the stretchgoal.

The co-op mode is also something that I think would bring some more people to Carma. I have picked up some games that have a co-op campaign mode (or co-op mods), that I would otherwise not have played at all, just for the sake of playing them through with a friend.

And I have at least 2 friends that also love carmageddon, so that would be mad fun.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Dark_Pontifex wrote:
Dark_Pontifex wrote:Pleae don´t post here, that this goal is very unlikely to be reached. Show Stainless your passion for that great feature!

just a friendly reminder!

I'm only slightly passionate(can that even exist?) ok I'm just intrigued not passionate, on how co-op would work out in carmageddon.

I would have loved to see that done as part of the initial game, without having it to reach such a sum first.

As for split screen, I can see why console users would be very hyped by such a feature.

As for the pc gamers, I believe split screen gaming on pc was much more popular and relevant some 15 years ago when internet was not really up for gaming and lan parties weren't the norm yet.

However, as a guy that plays games only on pc and only by himself all the time, I have absolutely no need for a split screen feature as you might have already realized due to how obvious it is.

I think it should also be noted that pc gamers in general are usually solitary gamers that don't gather a huge group of people around the desk where the pc display, keyboard and mouse are.

There are some pc gamers that connect the pc to their big tv via HDMI cable and put a 360 gamepad to it and play games like that but they are usually few and far between.(I personally have my pc hooked to my tv via HDMI and I also have a 360 gamepad hooked to the pc but I never feel like going in the other room and playing my pc games, I rather sit at my desk and be more intimate with the display and have my eyes closer to the center of the monitor)

So what I mean to say is that I don't know of many people that might be interested in split screen for pc, in general, not just in relation to this game.

Split screen is much more useful on consoles where people are more likely to be younger gamers that usually get together and play with 2 gamepads on the same console.

Now considering that console versions for this game haven't been announced, I really fail to see who are the people that want split screen on pc in the years 2012-2013 when you can even play internet games through lan with apps like hamachi and tunngle.
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

i already play c1 lan games with My girlfriend or a buddy with two old laptops. but i dont have two highend pcs to play carma. so i would appreciate splitscreen Organisationen double monitor two start spontanous games.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Personally, im not fussed about split screen, i dont like sharing my screen! And its all about the online play for me with friends!

I am actually a little concerned with the last round or 2 of comments of the kickstarter page, it sounds like the XBLA/PSN versions are not as high importance as i thought it was!

Although i will play it on PC, i am more of a console person these days, as are all my friends! And i dont want to wait too long for these console version!!
meh
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

I wish they did splitscreen or co-op instead of mac/linux support. I mean, don't mac players just have to switch to windows and play the windows version?

Splitscreen should have been a standard feature from the start in this one. I like to play with 2 people and 2 controllers, both at home, on my couch, one screen. Not with some stupid headset, xbox live or buggy psn and 10 polish or british 12-year-olds yapping through my speakers. I don't understand why so few games have splitscreen, especially racing games. I guess money or graphics before gameplay.
Specht
driver

Post by Specht »

panic wrote:I wish they did splitscreen or co-op instead of mac/linux support. I mean, don't mac players just have to switch to windows and play the windows version?

Splitscreen should have been a standard feature from the start in this one. I like to play with 2 people and 2 controllers, both at home, on my couch, one screen. Not with some stupid headset, xbox live or buggy psn and 10 polish or british 12-year-olds yapping through my speakers. I don't understand why so few games have splitscreen, especially racing games. I guess money or graphics before gameplay.

You do realize they stated that they will make splitscreen and co-op features even though they didn't reach the intended stretch goal for those, right?

Also:

Specht wrote:I have a feeling that Stainless will develop this regardless of the stretch goal being reached or not though, they are a nice bunch of people...
Just to prove that I can predict the future.
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Specht wrote:You do realize they stated that they will make splitscreen and co-op features even though they didn't reach the intended stretch goal for those, right?
Nope i didn't know that. That makes me a happy camper
Kemal
pedestrian

Post by Kemal »

It'll be a great experience to play Carmageddon with Split Screen support. No doubt that co-op player experiences are more enjoyable.
toPDog
driver

Post by toPDog »

Split-screen would definitely be well received - particularly when the console version hits.
Manuel Ostyn
pedestrian

Post by Manuel Ostyn »

4 player splitscreen should definitely be included (with game pad support).

I'm under the general impression that racing game developers these days

tend to underestimate the fun of some good couch rivalry amongst friends.

I hope Stainless is going to give hearing to these wishes and set an example

to all other racing game developers.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Nobby said they would include every feature of the 750k stretchgoal even after it had not been reached, but it would take them more time to do.

However Nobby has been a bit dubious when asked about splitscreen multiplayer as of lately, so I would not count on it.

I swear I recall they said you could play the single player campaign splitscreen coop.
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
TaerKast
hit n run

Post by TaerKast »

I'd LOVE to play split-screen Carma!

It's a shame that not many games have split-screen lately. Playing together in the same room is something awesome.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

There, I found the text where they said they were going to add splitscreen and coop:

From Kickstarter last update.

Hi there Kickstarter Carmafans, nobby here!

Well, all good things must come to an end, and so it is with this AMAZING month we've shared with you all. We've had some laughs, we've had some hooters and some bloopers, we've had some kitteh arm humping, and we've ALL had such a BLAST feeling the love from the Kickstarter community that's supported us throughout the Campaign.

THANK YOU, YOU MARVELLOUS BAND OF CARMAFANS!

We're still confident that YOU'LL get us across the Stretch Goal Line... But REMEMBER: If for any reason we don't quite make it (but we WILL, we WILL!), DON'T DESPAIR!! We won't let you down, and we WILL STILL be incorporating ALL those features that we've stated are Stretch Goals. We will still support:

MAC

LINUX

SPLIT-SCREEN PC!

CO-OP!

It will just take us a little longer to deliver them to you! (Although it won't, as we're GOING TO MAKE IT!!) :D
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
komodoc
pedestrian

Post by komodoc »

Oh yes 4 players split screen FTW. And also the possibility to populate the game with AI controlled opponents. Also LAN + split screen: imagine two computers, 8 players.

Check who’s online