Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Kickstarter

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
ZanyZid
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ZanyZid »

I understand your reservations about Steam, i dont like it a lot either.

I abandoned playing Halflife and Counterstrike online when they went onto Steam, only played old versions of them at LAN parties.

I didnt want to get on steam but as im still an avid pc gamer and some games i was really looking forward to were only released via steam i had to get on it, still dont like tho.

Also i really dislike the "windows live games"-thing one has to log into to enable saving in some games, gives me a foul taste in my mouth just thinking about it.

In the good old days games were self contained, most didnt even need to be installed, just copying their folders, telling it if a mouse was connected and how to output through the soundcard was enough to play them, they all had a folder in their directory where the saves were kept as well as a configuration file.

I liked that.

What happens to my games if steam goes down? what happens if they decide not to host some older games any more, will i then have lost my games?

Thats bullshit imo.

I know there isnt another series of games ive had more fun while playing, hell i was "playing" Carmageddon with toys when i was a kid, i had the old Ghostbusters Cadillac that the roof broke on so i cut it off and put some blades from another toy on the front of it and bam, instant caddy fat cat :)

Anyways, i hope that you will reconsider and still support Carmageddon Reincarnation, if only for the good times you have had in the earlier games.
Mad Max
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mad Max »

ZanyZid wrote:what happens if they decide not to host some older games any more, will i then have lost my games?

Nothing happens. I own one game which is no longer supported by Steam and its not offered for sale but its still in my library and I can download it. They never gonna screw you like this because you can sue their ass off. Every unsupported game in Steam is still hosted on some backup server just for the users who own this game, but the others can't see it in the store or in the support or the forums etc.
AlexTSK
mindless

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by AlexTSK »

Somehow I think that somewhere in the terms and conditions of steam they have a clause preventing you from suing them for anything, that's what most agreements have in them anyway.

Edit, since steam is on the topic, I'll give my opinion : I don't like it. Why? Well here is my reasoning:

I have had many problems with the installation of steam itself becoming corrupt, and certain games wanting to install over whatever current version of steam that was installed(which was usualy the latest).

The biggest problem I have with steam is simply my location, South Africa, and don't get me wrong, our internet speeds here are far from terrible, but today it would take me at least 20 hours to download a decently sized game on steam, I've been moving away from games in favor of my work, so I'm not a gamer as such anymore, I still look forward to some major titles and play the odd game now and then so it's not really a huge issue if I need to get steam for one game, and this being an indy title I'm sure it wont be a 35 gigabyte titanic supergame. However my experiences with Games for Windows and Ubisoft's utter shit system(the name escapes me) was far from good, and I would pick steam over the above mentioned platforms if I had to make a choice. I perfectly understand why Stainless wants to use this platform and I'm all for it, all I want is to play the thing, and I'm sure if you are a huge fan that cant wait for this game to drop, you wont mind installing steam just to play this.
Danqazmlp
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Danqazmlp »

I used to dislike steam when I was first forced to use it back in 04 when I brought Half life 2, simply because I was on dial-up still and updates took forever. However, now that I have an acceptable internet speed, Steam is just a joy to use, and I can't imagine PC gaming without it. What I love about Steam is the security you get when buying an indie game, knowing where the money is going and that you will definitely get the copy of the game. It's also a great place for games to get sales, as even without advertising games can be easily found. I also like not having to have a shelf just for my PC games any more, although I do miss new game smell.

Donated $50. Not sure how much that is in £ but it's less, so it's fine.
jdayke
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by jdayke »

Will be pledging.

As for Steam, I suppose Stainless will do not only Steam for PC.
Beginner
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Beginner »

Stainless, thank you for Steam and for beta! Cant wait)
iggii
driver

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by iggii »

A proud pledger from now on too!

Guys, some of you got it all wrong... this is not about supporting Steam, it is about supporting our Carmageddon game! If you want to see it again, pledge some money and stop blabing about distribution ways (or donate so much, that you get the hard copy!

If I dont find anyone to give my other digital copies, I will write here on forum and offer them to anybody willing to play online for a while...
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

Great to see you can now get the boxed version for the $150 donation. Now, you lads at stainless may have done the maths to say it will only slightly bankrupt you so I'm going to increase my donation so you are slightly unbankrupted (is that even a word?)

Cheers lads!
Epitaph
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Epitaph »

i know it will sound lame , BUT:

Does the card game in the 100$ Tier include 104 cards or 52?
Drone99
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Drone99 »

Oh noes ! Why no paypal ? Most european users don't have creditcards...
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

Drone99 wrote:Oh noes ! Why no paypal ? Most european users don't have creditcards...

What about a debit card? I paid via my Amazon account which uses my Debit card.
ZanyZid
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ZanyZid »

As a european user with an interest in shopping via ebay and playing mmorpgs without having to chase "time cards" in actual stores i got myself another bank account with a visa debit card connected to it several years back.

A bunch of other people i know have done the same, it gets old real fast trying to do anything requiring money online without one.

No credit tho, i dont want it because i only want to spend money i actually have :P
jimday
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by jimday »

whoooo, I pledged!! go stainless!
jimday
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by jimday »

whooo, I pledged. go stainless!!!
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

That said it was deleted and now says its active again, but the actual kickstarter page remained active the entire time http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/?ref=kicktraq

some bug,
matt
im new, be gentle

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by matt »

Mintydog wrote:

That said it was deleted and now says its active again, but the actual kickstarter page remained active the entire time http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/?ref=kicktraq

some bug,

Oh yeah if you look at the top of the page now they've got a banner message saying that the kicktraq site is experiencing tracking difficulty. It was only for interest anyway, it has about as little factual basis as astrology.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by stygimoloch »

Steam is pretty unobtrusive. If all you have it for is playing one game, you wouldn't notice you had it 99% of the time, and there's nothing for it to glob into a cloud. You don't have to network, or make a profile, or share your profile, or anything like that. In regards to something ZanyZid said, Steam doesn't host games; all the files are still on your computer and you can play singleplayer offline, and multiplayer via the in-game multiplayer options. It also doesn't have that fucking atrocious 'log in to save your games' thing of GFWL; you need to log in locally to play Steam games but as I said, you don't need to connect to their online service for that.

Anyhow. $25 from me currently, and if I somehow manage to get a job in the next four weeks, that will go up :)
Deamon
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Deamon »

I love Carmageddon since the beginning, and still have all three original games with cardboard boxes.. I'm looking forward to adding Carmageddon: Reincarnation's box to my collection! I'm in!
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
jdayke
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by jdayke »

I'm starting the propaganda! Russians and Ukrainians should add their money! :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by CzechDeath »

Ha! Good call with kickstarter.

It isnt that long ago when I was wondering why the fuck isnt Stainless on Kickstarter? Along with interstellarmarines ofcourse.

BUT im like fan of carmageddon far longer than any other game=D So yea ! Im really glad to see this move...

So "shut up and take my money" =D !!

Yea and ... good luck ofcourse !
CzechDeath
kill boss

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by CzechDeath »

jdayke wrote:I'm starting the propaganda! Russians and Ukrainians should add their money! :)
AND CZECH !
Rainbow Dash
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Rainbow Dash »

Will it run on Mac OS?

If it's a yes to that question then I'll part with some cash;

but I'd like to know whether or not I can run the game before giving money to fund it.
TutEvgen
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by TutEvgen »

It is bad that in video on page Kickstarter there are not even english subtitles. I aurally don't understand 80 %, my native Russian. By english subtitles i may translate for myself by means of dictionary. And it is bad that there is no functional for users to create the subtitle transfer, somebody mau be can translate on Russian, another on Norwegian, the third into Bulgarian for instanse.
Trent
mindless

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Trent »

It's not "bad" that there are no subtitles, it's just the way things are, hardly anyone ever puts English subtitles on English language videos on the internet, let alone go out their way to translate it into Bulgarian. It's especially not "bad" that there isn't advanced crowd-sourced subtitling features to allow anyone to put whatever subtitles they want over the top of it, in fact it's very "good" it doesn't allow that otherwise it would be completely open to abuse and potentially lead to malicious users putting deliberately incorrect information into the subtitles.
a.k.a. Brent
iggii
driver

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by iggii »

Yes, but you know what he meant. If it is in more languages, it can reach wider audience.
Trent
mindless

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Trent »

The video being in different languages wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. What was said in the video is pretty much what is written beneath it. People can go use Google Translate to convert it into whatever language they desire.

Would you rather they committed tons company resources to pointlessly translating the video into hundreds of languages or would you rather they spend those resources on making the actual game? Just translating it into a few of the main European languages (e.g. German, French, Spanish & Italian) would be more time and money consuming than it's worth. Translation, type-setting, QA checking, it all costs money and time. Like they said, they didn't want to be spending money on the pitch video.
a.k.a. Brent
RpT
driver

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by RpT »

Love you guys stainless! wish i had more to pledge so nuff respect for the guys backing the big dollars. Can't wait for the BETA >:D
Mastro 666
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mastro 666 »

iggii wrote:Yes, but you know what he meant. If it is in more languages, it can reach wider audience.
Spanish translation:

http://carmageddon.forumfree.it/?t=60581989&st=30#entry499901040
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by DEMENTOR »

Just a quick little question, is the digital download only going to be for a PC 'Steam' version. Or will there be an option of having a PSN or XBL version?

And great job on nearly getting to the half way mark already! My donation will be with you shortly!

;)
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Have upped my donation to $150 for the boxed version. Oh yes!
meh
Ghost_
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Ghost_ »

I don't know if this has been answered, but I'd like to ask: can I pledge to this project if my Amazon account is from the UK region?
Dejitaru Ryuu
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Dejitaru Ryuu »

Went for the $150 Boxed + added a nice $50 tip :D
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by C2 Scientist »

TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Ghost wrote:I don't know if this has been answered, but I'd like to ask: can I pledge to this project if my Amazon account is from the UK region?
yep! i did.
meh

Check who’s online