Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Kickstarter

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
willB0T
Stainless

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by willB0T »

Today we launched a Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter campaign, with the aim of getting the Carmageddon community and the wider gaming public behind the whole new concept of crowd based videogame funding.

read the rest here

Read the Joystiq article featuring Batwick & Nobby.

watch the Kickstarter vid in HD on our YouTube channel
matt
im new, be gentle

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by matt »

Took long-a-fucking-'nuff! Good luck, have fun frolicking in some of my monies like scrooge mcduck!

So the kickstarter deliverables list date of Feb '13, is that a worst case scenario or a realistic schedule?
AlexTSK
mindless

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by AlexTSK »

I'm donating as soon as I get my bank account up (should be within the next few days) You guys are awesome and deserve at least that dollar from everyone who has ever played your game. I really hope you reach your goal!
Looooooka
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Looooooka »

Amazingly...i just drove home after driving for an hour.For some reason the traffic pissed me off and reminded me of this game.

Went to google up if there's any update on a new version and well...what do you know.A promise of a new version one hour ago.

A w e s o m e :)
coffeycup
Genesis

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by coffeycup »

I'll be donating as soon as my mum leaves her wallet unattended.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Razor »

Mastro 666 wrote:
Pledge $7,500 or more: 1 Backer

Wow so fast!

That was Notch. Someone has also pledged $10,000
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mastro 666
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mastro 666 »

Pledge $7,500 or more: 1 Backer

Wow so fast!

Someone has also pledged $10,000

Hell yeah.
MickiMatsu
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by MickiMatsu »

I gave you guys $150.99 of my money, I didn't even think twice for this one, I hope Stainless gets a nice pile in the end, for you guys to use for the game :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mr.Deviance »

WOW finally you guys decided to get to it!!!

I already bought shirts 2 days ago though lol.

I will still donate here next week without a doubt!

Also great new screenshiots man!

I almost shed a tear when I saw those carma 1 light posts making their way back into the game!

I do however want you guys to keep in mind that in the forum poles the other eagle won the poll :D
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

Quick question. I know for the higher pledges you also receive everything from the lower pledges, however, say for pledge $150 and you get everything below it, well there are two forms of pledging $100, one which gets you the card game and one which gets you the poster, will pledging $150 get your the card game AND the poster? or just one of them?
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

Quick question. I know for the higher pledges you also receive everything from the lower pledges, however, say for pledge $150 and you get everything below it, well there are two forms of pledging $100, one which gets you the card game and one which gets you the poster, will pledging $150 get your the card game AND the poster? or just one of them?
Mintydog
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mintydog »

groan
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by groan »

Kickstarter I am in you!

Gah, i can't believe I used a Wil Wheatonism here.

Thank you for this. Made my day, week, year!
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mad Max RW »

Totally there. This is the only other thing after Wasteland 2 I'm willing to pledge money to help development.
Jester
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Jester »

Fantastic news! Really hope this works out, can't wait to play the game.
TiT
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by TiT »

I have pledged! Cant wait! love to know when the beta is out :)
ok
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ok »

i put my money where my mouth is and pledged $350. i am not rich, i just love carmageddon. i have complete faith that the goal will be reached quickly regardless of my contribution. i am just doing my part to make sure that this game is delivered to as many platforms as possible -- that's what i feel strongly about. XBLA is a no-brainer and I'd be shocked if this doesn't make it there, but let's see it on the PS Vita. i have to be completely honest, i grew up playing PC games probably 75% of the time and console games 25% of the time. PC games will always hold a place near and dear to me, but realistically the pendulum has swung the other way... console/portable games probably 95% of the time and PC games 5% of the time. i will be anxiously awaiting this on any platform it comes out, even if it is just PC, but hope to see this on many others. and let's do them right, not like the n64 port.
Mad Max
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mad Max »

I want to ask the devs something. Why the 4 packs contain only 1 item? 1 poster, 1 playcard set etc. How me and my 3 other friends will decide who to take the stuff? We are more likely to get the 15$ pack instead of the 4 pack because will never manage to deal with who to get the 1 item. Will there be a big difference in the price if you include 4 posters and 4 playcard sets instead of 1?
terranoise
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by terranoise »

104.00 pledged the entire contents of my bank account (im a pov student)that was my beer money for the next month but i gladly gave it up if it helps the greatest game of all time return :)
Wazzo
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Wazzo »

Just pledged all the money I had saved for a liver transplant.

They said I'll live until at least March next year, so it should be fine.
Mad Max
hit n run

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Mad Max »

Thats the spirit bro, rofl :D :D
matt
im new, be gentle

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by matt »

Mad Max wrote:I want to ask the devs something. Why the 4 packs contain only 1 item? 1 poster, 1 playcard set etc. How me and my 3 other friends will decide who to take the stuff? We are more likely to get the 15$ pack instead of the 4 pack because will never manage to deal with who to get the 1 item. Will there be a big difference in the price if you include 4 posters and 4 playcard sets instead of 1?
The idea would surely be that one person, out of the goodness of their heart, the inner call to better humanity, decides to purchase the bundle and distribute for free to his friends with the pleasant and unexpected reward of of a bagfullofawesomethings, thus no fighting. Sharing is caring.

Alternatively - and something I wholeheartedly endorse - pitch in with your friends and upon delivery, live stream a Battle Royale for us all to see the victor take all the swag. Killing is thrilling.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Shut up and take my money!
Deadhart
motorised death

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Deadhart »

Dammit why now, I'm totally broke. But hey, what is the exchange rate of USD to Euro? Maybe I could at least scrap together money for the 15 dollar pledge.
Donatello
mechanic

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Donatello »

I could only pledge $25 but I've convinced at least three other people to also place a pledge. Also, Notch is my hero!
aus_mike
driver

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by aus_mike »

Went to pledge and then remembered kickstarter does not accept paypal. Sigh.
ramicio
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ramicio »

I was going to "donate" until I saw it will be released on Steam. No thanks... I don't want to download and install some program just to play one game. I don't want to join some network just to play one game.
MaxDamage_
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by MaxDamage_ »

when you succeed 400k stainless them good news list ... ie here a week = D
deer
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by deer »

Your lose is our gain.
ramicio
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ramicio »

How is my "lose" your gain? Keeping my money is a "lose?" If they come short of the $400k by what I would have donated I will laugh my ass off, because then my gain is your "lose."
Slizzo
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Slizzo »

Sorry you feel that way. Steam is a great platform, and I have tons of games on there.
ramicio
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by ramicio »

Well I'm not a gamer, so I don't need some sort of cloud system to glob up all my game stuff into one thing. I haven't played a game since Carmageddon 1 and 2. I don't see what's so great about forcing everyone to use something because it's handy for most. If Steam was optional, then great, that's cool for those people who want that functionality.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

I have never used steam properly, what is wrong with it?

It is just the same as buying it normally isnt it?

Even if it was rubbish, it has not stopped me donating!!
meh
Dargol
pedestrian

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Dargol »

I pitched in with 25 $ :) I told my brother about it and he did the same! You'll get the 400 000 $ in no time :D
Dr.Casterator
mechanic

Carmageddon Kickstarter

Post by Dr.Casterator »

You guys might want to send a e-mail to TotalBiscuit.

if he advertises this, you guys will have more than enough money to fund the game...

or you could just buy a cave, a deathray and take over the world.

Check who’s online