Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Steering wheel support and Driving physics

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Synetearis
turbo bastard

Post by Synetearis »

I would really like to see proper support for steering wheels, like the g25, g27, or GT driving force.

I've seen some people posting stuff about dirt3 kinda driving feel, but... really I would like to some proper driving physics like LFS (omg I said it.. LFS not NFS!) Sounds kinda weird maybe for a crazy fun based game like carma but I enjoy a challenge in controlling cars,.. (I love drifting!) If its all to arcady it probably wont really do it for me, considering Carma1 and carma2 where in a way pretty simlike to a certain height. (the point where you lose traction and have to reagain control in a slide, skid) Maybe some options like traction control and such.. ( so I can turn it off ) .. would be cool, something for the more advanced racers out there...
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

I agree, and I'm quite confident that their new/reworked game engine and its physics-related improvements will allow what is mentioned above.

I'd prefer certain car control related features, such as the (forced) ABS, ESC and TC, disableable in options. I'd like to be able to disable the separate wheelspin-key as well: analog controllers can naturally achieve (and control) the same effect on demand.
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

Post by BattleMetalChris »

I completely agree. I play Live For Speed, iRacing and a bit of rFactor and Race-On too - I tried Dirt2 a few weeks ago and found it almost impossible to drive because there's no precision in the driving whatsoever. You may as well be trying to control a hovercraft.

Carma 1 was famous for it's 'proper' physics, it would be amazing for the reincarnation do the same. There can always be a slider or something if people feel the need to have arcadey controls.
Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
Synetearis
turbo bastard

Post by Synetearis »

C2S wrote:I'd like to be able to disable the separate wheelspin-key as well: analog controllers can naturally achieve (and control) the same effect on demand.
Wuz thinking the same thing here.. that would be awesome!
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

I always wanted to buy one of them analog wheels, but I only want those models with gearstick, not those with those flaccid little F1-like gear-switching levers under the wheel. But those with the stick cost twice as more....but I would really like to buy one to use with C: Reincarnation... to be able to imagine I'm really driving a car and running people over and crashing into shit...
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

Post by BattleMetalChris »

I used to have a Logitech Driving Force Pro which was great, they have a sequential stick, 900 degrees of rotation, and are pretty cheap, you should have a look at one of them.

I've now got a G25, which has the full H-shifter and three pedals :D
Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
Synetearis
turbo bastard

Post by Synetearis »

BattleMetalChris wrote:I used to have a Logitech Driving Force Pro which was great, they have a sequential stick, 900 degrees of rotation, and are pretty cheap, you should have a look at one of them.

I've now got a G25, which has the full H-shifter and three pedals :D

Heh, i've got a DFP right now, its indeed pretty cheap considering what you get for it. Would love to utilize it to the fullest in carma..
renrie
driver

Post by renrie »

Same here, just bought a Logitech DFGT and was hoping to utilise it within this game but it's still no-go :(

(weirdly enough my gas pedal at rest (up/erected) makes the menu selection go up, while pressed it makes the selection go down (when kept steady (middelish) the selection changes stop but I can't map anything to in-game controls)

sorry for replying to a dead post but I would like to dust off this problem.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

renrie wrote:Same here, just bought a Logitech DFGT and was hoping to utilise it within this game but it's still no-go :(

(weirdly enough my gas pedal at rest (up/erected) makes the menu selection go up, while pressed it makes the selection go down (when kept steady (middelish) the selection changes stop but I can't map anything to in-game controls)

sorry for replying to a dead post but I would like to dust off this problem.

Try reading the thread discussion between Purple44 and I instead of dredging up a 3 year old thread. :)

Its right on the first page. http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28171

But no recent updates. Most of us just gave up.

If I remember correctly I got a button to work instead of the brake pedal.

Check who’s online