Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Just wanted to say some kind words about the music

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
phelix
pedestrian

Post by phelix »

I heard that a lot of the grognards here on this forum were being very mean-spirited grognards about the music in the game. I thoroughly enjoyed every single track and thought it fit the game very well. Carmageddon is all about being edgy in the most immature way possible, and the "dubstep" (only one of the tracks is actually dubstep) tracks fit perfectly.

To all the whiners: I'm sorry that you are no longer an impressionable teenager playing Carma1 for the first time in 1997. The music in Carma1 was just as irritating to old grumps back then as the music in Reincarnation is to you now. Times have moved on, and the music is perfect for a modern Carmageddon.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

It's all a matter of taste ... I also love the music and think that it fit perfectly to a Carmageddon game ... But i can understand guys that prefer the heavy metal style of carma2. Btw, There are guide on steam to replace the music by what we want.

(Insulting people on their musical taste is useless)
Yok
driver

Post by Yok »

phelix wrote:I heard that a lot of the grognards here on this forum were being very mean-spirited grognards about the music in the game. I thoroughly enjoyed every single track and thought it fit the game very well. Carmageddon is all about being edgy in the most immature way possible, and the "dubstep" (only one of the tracks is actually dubstep) tracks fit perfectly.

To all the whiners: I'm sorry that you are no longer an impressionable teenager playing Carma1 for the first time in 1997. The music in Carma1 was just as irritating to old grumps back then as the music in Reincarnation is to you now. Times have moved on, and the music is perfect for a modern Carmageddon.

This.
AD Millennium
pedestrian

Post by AD Millennium »

It's impossible to please everybody because our musical taste is so varied. Each person has an idea of what would feel most fitting during their gameplay experience.

We (MSP) tried our best to pay homage to the original while trying to be unique with our sound. Some of my fave game soundtracks were Carmageddon 1, Demolition Racer and Destruction Derby 2.

All of those games helped to influence me with what I was able to help bring to the table. I'm really thankful to those of you out there who have supported all the music in the game. It means a heck of a lot to us!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Compliments for the soundtrack not good enough for you, or you concider reading too manistream so you didn't even notice? =D

peace
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

A topic made purly to complain about people who complain... theres some kinda weird ironey here. if ya had just posted to say you like the music fine, but I find the tone of the post here somewhat mean spirited, I never liked the music in the new carma, I never said much about it.

also yok ya.. know theres more to the game than its soundtrack right?
Yok
driver

Post by Yok »

Mad_Maxine wrote:
also yok ya.. know theres more to the game than its soundtrack right?
Of course! It's basically the LAST thing one would organise in a production schedule.

My agreement came with the amount of bullshit people were spouting in reaction to the soundtrack. This was mostly elsewhere on boards with less insular community vibe and more competitive anonymity where the greater inner-dickbag was apparent in most posters.

A lot of the shit said, and most sadly it was almost always about Morgue's contribution to the game, was downright vindictive and it really didn't do Morgan any good at all...

I honestly wanted to make a thread to rant about it myself, the poor attitudes people have to something like this, how they act like it so negatively impacts their precious little lives and the fact that in their over-reactions they ARE actually impacting someone else's with their selfishness...

It's OK not to like something, I don't like many things. When you're in a public forum and dedicate yourself to coming up with creatively devastating turn of phrase to tear apart someone and their art, you might be a bit shit.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

But some people will allways, Only see negativity, and hate, I have no idea why.

Ya, Idont like.. the music in the game but.. whatever.. I dont like supercars eaither, so I dot go posting shit on every lamborghini fan page or whatever..

I have no idea why people cant focus on what they like insted of hate, but ah, the human race, Maybe we shuld stop hating people who hate stuff :B

But rather than stop everyone spewing there opinions everywhere, I guess another part of the problem is people who blindly folow the opinions of others 'This youtuber said the games shit, So its shit, end of story'

ya I know I dident contribute nothin here Just wanted to type a badly spelled short rant.
Um_Jammer_Chelle
pedestrian

Post by Um_Jammer_Chelle »

I really like Maximum Sexy Pigeon, and think they're a great fit. Morgue not so much... To me the Morgue tracks don't feel chaotic enough. I've never been super into dubstep, but I just feel that Morgue is too calm if that makes any sense. I'd prefer to have something like Knife Party's Bonfire, that kind of chaotic mix. But that's just my silly opinion. In the end the music doesn't annoy me or make me not wanna play the game, it's there for the people who do love it.

I can see why people are upset in the shift of genre, but theres no need to scream it's shit just because you don't like it.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

But others love it, and find that all the tracks without exception fit perfectly to the game.

So you are right "but theres no need to scream it's shit just because you don't like it."

It's just a matter of taste after all, nobody is right or wrong ...
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

You know guys...

I feel as If I own an apology to both Yok and morgue. Back when Reincarnation was released I was one of those who did not enjoy the OST and modded my own music into the game.

Over time I ended up having two carma:r folders in steam, one of them was for mods and the other one was a vanilla installation sorely meant to play multiplayer. And the more I played multiplayer the more I grew fond of carma:r's ost. In fact, I love it now, I think I cannot imagine the new carmageddoms running without MSP and Morgue, and I even play the ost in youtube on an almost-daily basis.

So yeah, sorry guys for disrespecting your music, I've been a dumb fool.

Nevertheless! I still think that the slower paced songs sound abit off. MSP's slower paced songs sound a bit depressing, and morgue's sound as if they belong in the menus of a Need for Speed game. Just my two cents!
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

Post by BattleMetalChris »

As long as they included 'Zero Signal' in there, I was always going to be happy.
Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
Yok
driver

Post by Yok »

You can not like things, that's the best part about having freedom to choose.

The fact that these tracks grew on you is fantastic, for us in MSP, that is a different kind of chuffed than the one we get from people liking it off the bat.

As for some of our songs sounding depressing.

Well, yeah, that's what the aim was, so you're not hitting a wrong button.

Wait until you hear the album versions!

*Edit - So sure I had quoted off of that other post, ah you'll figure out the context...
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

I just want to play tracks randomly in the game, not in the order of the playlist. :-)

Check who’s online