Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Pedestrians shown on map anyone?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
DOOM3R
driver

Post by DOOM3R »

Thank you! Very interesting. By the way, in a task "Pis taker" is just not enough one powerup to take 85 of 85, this modification will open this achievement and there will be a skin on Towmeister?

I tried to make as you wrote, this powerup doesn't appear in the PIS. I kept all contents of the original powerups.zad folder and kept new there, replaced new "shortcut_wheel_tree.lol" by me created, everything is correct?
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

ok i've spend 2 days trying to find that damn powerup and i've yet to find it.

I've searched high and low in TUNNEL TWISTER [Node 5] but haven't found it yet.

I saw the post from Trent, that you can alter some files to take it , but i don't wanna do that.

Can anyone help?
Phleye
pedestrian

Post by Phleye »

Thank you all for the help.

Up to now I've managed to find most of the "Peds On Map"

I'm missing Chapters 02, 05, 14. Any ideas?

I'll post here below the images for Chapters 01, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16;

always a Screen shot of the player's View and of the Map View to help:

I made an Album in Imgur, Hope it Works!

DOOM3R
driver

Post by DOOM3R »

Maybe you already know. On Bleak City (Arena) map you stop by on the elevator in the center of the arena (precisely at the center where there is a kangaroo powerup) and the elevator will up, you start jumping as it is possible above, there you will find Peds shown on map.
haaz
pedestrian

Post by haaz »

Chapter 14

Spoiler:

ManIkWeet
mechanic

Post by ManIkWeet »

I found the location on Level 5: Tunnel Twister

and

You're going to need to be crafty with Kangaroo on command...

http://imgur.com/0wrI2Rb
http://imgur.com/7QCvv7O

Edit: it's near the top of the spinning thing...
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

OMFG. FINALLY!

Thank you all for posting the pictures! I can finally finish the damn thing :D
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

HEX1GON wrote:
RIKUSYO wrote:Can't find last 3 peds on Lock up event...

Completed 100% now, I can answer many questions,

Found them! They are on the circle building which you'll need a shitload of kangaroos to get to. I'll post a screenshot for you :)

Spoiler:

I try to do what you did, but I have no clue to get up there. I tried all kinds of PUp, like suicide peds, peds detonator (doesn't work when I'm below them), ped napalm(also doesn't work), bleeding out. But they keep staying alive. Anyone has any clue how to get up there. Also I added a extra spot, where always one stays alive, and I don't know how to get him! Even after using all my PUp's untill I have no credits left to buy. Someone help please. I uploaded the spots, where always 4 peds are left.http://imgur.com/g0VDcVA

Played this map for 5 times times and I'm not able to kill them!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

VinnioD wrote:
HEX1GON wrote:

Found them! They are on the circle building which you'll need a shitload of kangaroos to get to. I'll post a screenshot for you :)

Spoiler:

I try to do what you did, but I have no clue to get up there. I tried all kinds of PUp, like suicide peds, peds detonator (doesn't work when I'm below them), ped napalm(also doesn't work), bleeding out. But they keep staying alive. Anyone has any clue how to get up there. Also I added a extra spot, where always one stays alive, and I don't know how to get him! Even after using all my PUp's untill I have no credits left to buy. Someone help please. I uploaded the spots, where always 4 peds are left.http://imgur.com/g0VDcVA

kangaroo on command is your friend, and maybe a litle help of the buble car.

and 5 tries, c'mon, that is nothing, dont give up so fast.
Bonus for artistic impression
hit n run

Post by Bonus for artistic impression »

Yeah those on top of the skyscraper are near to impossible to reach, especially without using Electric Blue but it's do-able. As said, you will need a ton of kangaroos and some serious timing to exactly land on top of that building. I've done it though but i hear you, it was a real pain in the butt and also took me more times than i wanted.

The other guy(s) you are pointing out must be inside the garage; I believe there are two entrances to it and you need to really look all the way around while driving to the top; I had a similar issue with those and one was walking near a wall and i couldn't see him without rotating the camera. Either they're inside that garage or on the roof.

Goodluck,

B.
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

Fr0nt wrote:
VinnioD wrote:
HEX1GON wrote:

Spoiler:

kangaroo on command is your friend, and maybe a litle help of the buble car.

and 5 tries, c'mon, that is nothing, dont give up so fast.

Where to Kangoroo on command, it's a large building, I looked for places to go up. But I can't find it.
hit n run

I'm not sure but do believe there are quite a few kangeroos in that level, they are usually in the orange canisters. Another way to get them is through the PIS system...
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

Bonus for artistic impression wrote:I'm not sure but do believe there are quite a few kangeroos in that level, they are usually in the orange canisters. Another way to get them is through the PIS system...
Well I got the kangaroo on command in my PIS system, but I don't know at which place I should jump to get higher. Could someone show me that pretty please :3
hit n run

Here, i did a quick little stream on how to get them the 'easy way'.

http://www.twitch.tv/ivoyanity/b/662002598

I might actually export this to Youtube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FIPp_2Kio4

Goodluck,

B.
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

Phleye wrote:Thank you all for the help.

Up to now I've managed to find most of the "Peds On Map"

I'm missing Chapters 02, 05, 14. Any ideas?

I'll post here below the images for Chapters 01, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16;

always a Screen shot of the player's View and of the Map View to help:

I made an Album in Imgur, Hope it Works!

Map 13 is not correct. That orange box is not the pedestrians on map. Maybe they have changed it after the last update :(.
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

Bonus for artistic impression wrote:Here, i did a quick little stream on how to get them the 'easy way'.

http://www.twitch.tv/ivoyanity/b/662002598

I might actually export this to Youtube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FIPp_2Kio4

Goodluck,

B.

This worked!! Thanks man!!
hit n run

VinnioD wrote:...Map 13 is not correct. That orange box is not the pedestrians on map. Maybe they have changed it after the last update :(...
It's still there man, i just checked it. It's under water, between the two mines. Orange barrel.

Goodluck,

B.
VinnioD
pedestrian

Post by VinnioD »

Bonus for artistic impression wrote:
VinnioD wrote:...Map 13 is not correct. That orange box is not the pedestrians on map. Maybe they have changed it after the last update :(...

It's still there man, i just checked it. It's under water, between the two mines. Orange barrel.

Goodluck,

B.

I see what was the problem, the name of the PUp is wrong, that's why I got confused. I didn't check my map, but restarted everytime. I says it's a PED ELECTRO-BASTARD RAY, but it actually is PED'S SHOWN ON MAP http://imgur.com/Zg2ssWp

Thanks for the help anyway!
ComSR
mechanic

Post by ComSR »

VinnioD wrote:I see what was the problem, the name of the PUp is wrong, that's why I got confused. I didn't check my map, but restarted everytime. I says it's a PED ELECTRO-BASTARD RAY, but it actually is PED'S SHOWN ON MAP http://imgur.com/Zg2ssWp

Time to report that bug:
https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
hit n run

Hot damn, you're right! I'll open a ticket about it as well, threatning Stainless with a Silent but Deadly bomb on their office if they dare change the location instead of the name ...

B.
DrZed
driver

Post by DrZed »

Can this powerup be bought after being discovered? I can't find it in PIS menu.
hit n run

It is my belief that this is the only powerup that is not available in the PIS ..
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Mark this thread as spoiler !!!! :)
hit n run

As far as i know, all locations are already spoilerededed whatever. I am planning on pulling them all together and update them in the OP. (with spoiler alerts as well)

B.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Bonus for artistic impression wrote:As far as i know, all locations are already spoilerededed whatever. I am planning on pulling them all together and update them in the OP. (with spoiler alerts as well)

B.

Hurry up before I read them :)

I just dont want t give in the temptation to look. Its like when you look up how to beat the bad guy in one level, next thing you know you are reading the whole walkthrough on a laptop next to your TV :)

dont take it personal. Was really only joking.
hickname
pedestrian

Post by hickname »

Anybody found it in "Isle of Plight" (chapter 2)? I did it a number of times, maximum i got was 272/275. Tried Ped Detonator, Peds in Panic, Suicidal Peds - nothing helps...
hit n run

Well at least the location to this powerup has not yet been posted in this thread, i believe it's the last one yet to be found?

But, i just went for a search on this map for it with Stella and i got all the peds before i found the powerup ..

Some easy to miss peds are between the beach/bushes and one or two walk in a ditch.

I think you can fairly easy clear this map of peds just by driving in spirals, starting on the beach and slowly work your way towards the middle of the map.

Would be cool though if someone was to find this powerup and post it here?

I think it's the last one; When the list is complete, i will update the OP and put all the locations in there behind a spoiler.

Goodluck,

B.
hickname
pedestrian

Post by hickname »

Thanks! I probably missed some in bushes...

I'll try again this weekend. There are a couple places i hadn't checked for PUp yet - like highest cistern, or some roofs.

I killed all peds on the first map, got "proudly unhinged" but not "menage-a-trois"... Maybe it will unlock this time...
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

This shit sucks. One more PUp to purchase to unlock correlated skins & rims & this is the one? Or is it a bug? Either way it still sucks. "Suicidal Peds" PUp does the job for now. lol

*EDIT*

Finished the one CityB level that is in tier 12 or some shit like that. On 5th attempt. Caddy Fat Cat always managed to be squashed under Subpressor's 10 tonns of armor each time i had 10 or 20 peds left to splatter. lol Thanx guys. Next up - Countryslide/The Loop.
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

YautjaLord wrote:Caddy Fat Cat always managed to be squashed under Subpressor's 10 tonns of armor each time i had 10 or 20 peds left to splatter.
Next time you're doing a map that has Subpressor, avoid it's spawn like the plague until you nag yourself an Opponent Tosser. Subpressor seems to get rekt by it very easily. Also, Opponent Stinger is useful, not just for Subpressor but for everyone - seriously weakens your opponents, virtually permanently (unless they find an Instant Repair) and lets you hunt peds in relative peace.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

Deadhart wrote:Next time you're doing a map that has Subpressor, avoid it's spawn like the plague until you nag yourself an Opponent Tosser. Subpressor seems to get rekt by it very easily. Also, Opponent Stinger is useful, not just for Subpressor but for everyone - seriously weakens your opponents, virtually permanently (unless they find an Instant Repair) and lets you hunt peds in relative peace.
No! I fucked up the post again: what i meant was the AI Caddy Fat Cat got squashed under my Subpressor. Other than that, never take Caddy, even fully armored & offensive'd to the job starting from tier 10 & further: chances you'll get "You Got Wrecked" fest. Especially on Hard difficulty. That's the difficulty i play the game at. Thanx regardless.

P.S. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020804384/screenshots/ From top, 10 first pics - 4 of them with "All peds killed" message, that was tedious, some took either fuckload of time or more than one try, BUT - it's official: you can kill all peds with Subpressor. I did. :) Also, all Magnuchem Ocean Reprocessor levels play like shit, sent a ticket to carmageddon.com/bugger bout it, haven't received answer for it, so i'm stuck with 90+% of progress for now. Thanx guys for locations of this PUp, going for the one in "Lap My Lighthouse" level.
Psychohontas
pedestrian

Post by Psychohontas »

Has anyone found the Ped Map on chapter 2

thats the only one I haven't found or read up on
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

Has anyone found the 2 in the "Comin' Round The Mountain" & "Sandy Crack"? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020804384/screenshots/ Shy of these 2 + all MagNuChem Ocean Reprocessor levels (Docking Hell, etc....) to make it 100%. This thread helps me a lot, that's given. Thanx guys.
Psychohontas
pedestrian

Post by Psychohontas »

I'm still looking for the ped on map location in Chapter 2 Isle of Plight.

anyone found this one?
ztorm
pedestrian

Post by ztorm »

New patch is up... and the same issues remain. 576/582 on Pier Pressure:

- 5 peds in water

- 1 ped behind wall near clock

Seriously - we need some kind of Ped Respawn. If you can't fix these, give us the tools to do it !

Check who’s online