Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Stream Q&A collection

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

CzechDeath wrote:twich tomorrow yes O_O? =D
i hope not, first time i can't make it.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

I'll be working as usual, but i got me internetz on my Galaxy Core Duos, will need to prioritize whether i'd like to be kicked out of a job or won't be able to hear some of the answers. lol jk Or is it that Twitch'ing is over?

@Epitaph:

Already played yesterday & today - Subpry fuckin' fliiiies uphill with this update!!!! Awesome shit.
shane
Stainless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by shane »

nobby and Jason will be live on ‪#‎Twitch‬ at 18:00BST! Tune into http://www.twitch.tv/carmageddon ‪#‎Carmageddon‬

We'll be playing Carmageddon: Reincarnation multiplayer with fans live on stream so if you want to join look out for the lobby name we'll call out during the Stream!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

YEEEEEES!!! Can't wait to see Jason again :D

@Yautja Gotta drive some more cars! Too bad i won't be at my PC on the weekend :/
ComSR
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ComSR »

Don't know if anybody noticed it, but during the stream nobby's Powerup gift timer went negative. That's one more bug to squash.

Integer overflow: https://youtu.be/-eU_hmfwyLc?t=21m35s
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Played MP, Car Crusher with Ivoianty (Ivoianity? Ivoyanity?) @ 12am today. Plow's speed sucks, almost crushed the guy's Lumberer, but than he got Opponent Repulsificator. Was hilarious. I'm a gonna take my revenge on him today after work, possibly tomorrow. I gonna make C:R's MP my 2nd fav MP after AvP3's MP. (DM, Species DM, Predator Hunt & Invasion) The C:R's server names the game after the player's name? If i'll host my own game it's like it'll name it 'YautjaLord' lobby? lol

Drop in, i think i'll host one after the work. Car Crusher, 6 players. In Plow. :)
Bonus for artistic impression
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Bonus for artistic impression »

YautjaLord wrote:...Played MP, Car Crusher with Ivoianty (Ivoianity? Ivoyanity?) @ 12am today...Was hilarious. I'm a gonna take my revenge on him today after work, possibly tomorrow...
That would be me, Ivoyanity :) Was good fun indeed. That slow Plow though ...

What timezone are you in, maybe we can arrange this re-match? I'm in GMT +2.

B.
suicidal_banana
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by suicidal_banana »

For next stream Q&A, i'd love to hear any update about carmodgeddon. (but, since im always in public transit during the streams, if somebody could tell me if it was covered or what the awnsers where that would be great)

Also, whatever happened to the (for lack of a better name) backer only eagle? (that 'blocky' futuristic one with the moving sawblade) kinda expected that to be in 1.0
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

suicidal_banana wrote:... whatever happened to the (for lack of a better name) backer only eagle? (that 'blocky' futuristic one with the moving sawblade) kinda expected that to be in 1.0...
We're not at 1.0 just yet.. Full release is planned for May 21st. The Kickstarter Eagle will be in that release for you.

You can watch it in action here:
https://youtu.be/VJK0YTE-6Dg?t=9m22s

Cheers,

B.
suicidal_banana
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by suicidal_banana »

Oh, hmm, thought they were at 1.0 now? due to a news article saying so and me getting a 5.2gb update for carma.

Weird, ok, my mistake :) And thanks for the info!
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

suicidal_banana wrote:Oh, hmm, thought they were at 1.0 now? due to a news article saying so and me getting a 5.2gb update for carma.

Weird, ok, my mistake :) And thanks for the info!
The easiest thing to check the version of the game is to look it up in the game. It is 0.9...something.
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Bonus for artistic impression wrote:That would be me, Ivoyanity :) Was good fun indeed. That slow Plow though ...

What timezone are you in, maybe we can arrange this re-match? I'm in GMT +2.

B.

Israel, Jerusalem, GMT +2 i think as well.

Mind you - i just came back from work. It's 12am night here. lol And bout slow, not slow - it's Plow: 6 tons of steel, strength 4.2, driving @ 135mph - good enough to ram anything below it. Gimme half an hour - i'll be in MP, i'll host the event.

P.S.

Spoiler:

Do not abuse Opponent Repulsificator too much. :)

hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

YautjaLord wrote:...And bout slow, not slow - it's Plow: 6 tons of steel, strength 4.2, driving @ 135mph - good enough to ram anything below it. Gimme half an hour - i'll be in MP, i'll host the event...
Man, that thing is tough as nails - i threw like three anvil's at you and still you where able to repair.

YautjaLord wrote:P.S.

Spoiler:

Do not abuse Opponent Repulsificator too much. :)

I gotta do something, right!? I use what i get and i sure as hell need them repulsificators to get a dent in that meat shovel of yours ;)

Cu online,

B.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added April 29th's. At 34:50, there's discussion about SOMETHING, but I can't really make out what they're saying. Help!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

I'll drop by today 6pmBST/8pmGMT +3 (i think it the Israel/Jerusalem timezone), even though not promising i'll get either/both sound &/or picture. I've updated Twitch for Android app though. lol
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

I checked the first part of Sam's stream on Tuesday. It was a pretty funny watch, but my limited time (and attention span (and jealousy :V)) didn't really let me watch for more than an hour. I don't suppose there were any questions, at least judging from the first half. Also, Sam's on QC, so he's not quite exactly owning the keys to the future's secrets.

Amazing commentator though! I wanna see more Sam streams in the future.
Servo451
driver

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Servo451 »

Watching Sam play against Carmafans and talk shit is much more entertaining than most TV shows. I had a great time watching a replay of the stream!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

best momtent of yesterdays twitch, @ 1.11:25. Nobby's dissapointment in jasons driving skill
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added May 6th. So, there's another stream tomorrow with Sam? Or was it today? I could swear I heard them say it, but I didn't go back to double check.
AlexTSK
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by AlexTSK »

Espyo wrote:Added May 6th. So, there's another stream tomorrow with Sam? Or was it today? I could swear I heard them say it, but I didn't go back to double check.
Just for good measure you may want to add that car splitting is STILL coming, along with some other new surprises being worked on by Patrick :)
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

Espyo wrote:Added May 6th. So, there's another stream tomorrow with Sam? Or was it today? I could swear I heard them say it, but I didn't go back to double check.
Sam streams Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday :)
a.k.a. Brent
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

What a little hog! Taking all days for himself bar wednesday. I like it! And Blood, I add that info at least once every three streams! It keeps being asked, and I keep putting it up.
ComSR
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ComSR »

I was dead last in the first race. My plan to steal everyone's laps failed :(

Oh, that was beautiful.
Damned Cleaver took off my tires straight away. then tricked him go under the crusher while I escaped.
Oh, crap.
ComSR
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ComSR »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

yeah, the game didn't like me tossing them.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Removed the Twitch for Android app, will see the stream after 11pm locally. Galaxy Core Duos's network bandwidth worth jack shit in anything as heavy as Twitch. Say to nobster not to loose in MP too much. lol jk
ComSR
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ComSR »

1st June highlights:

I happened to pick up Pinball mode, then repulsed to victory at the last possible second.
Other man's misforture is another man's luck
The Jeebus Caddy
This race was nearly impossible due to combination of Annihilator's crazy handling and low FPS on this map.
This match was intense. Just pure skill, no powerups.
Servo451
driver

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Servo451 »

ComSR wrote:1st June highlights:

I happened to pick up Pinball mode, then repulsed to victory at the last possible second.
Hahahahaa!! That was brilliant!! I saw what you did there. Last place to first in under a minute! Carmageddon is a sumbitch! You never know what's going to happen! LOL. Love it!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya know, I enjoy these twitches now :P

I know theres no questions or such bt just, Hanging out with the dev team heh, really, Its just a good time, tho I dont think we talked about anything carmageddon related the last two times I was there? Other than the constant DLC questions.
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

On this week's Twitch :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjfEIz6GX7g

Nobby says at 1:22:20, that "I got the best news of my entire life. Artists will fill the gaps on those 2 ice levels". Is that a fact? Or was he just reading a comment from the chat?
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Stream Q&A collection

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Probably the main points from the last steam (26th August):

• Patrick is close to finishing the tracked vehicle tech, and is currently working on the damage mechanics. He will then be moving onto implementing car splitting

• Damage code has been re-written to be more efficient, but is only a placeholder. The previous Sine Wave based code was largely inefficient

• DRM Free version will not be coming until the 'final, final' version has been released

• Months of additional Optimisation work & bug fixing is scheduled

• New content is coming, date to be confirmed

• In the next couple of updates, there will be major improvements such as 'splitting rendering out across multiple threads'

• Tweaks have been made to the VTs to improve performance on low-end machines

• Mac & Linux versions will be coming once the PC version is the best it can be

• A change to assist AI in ped chase will be coming in the next update (Peds will spawn closer to AI race paths)

• Ped improvements will be coming - materials, textures & finer model details on faces

• More power-ups will be coming in future updates

• Fan Mods that Stainless are especially impressed by may become official later down the line

• New environments will be coming

• New content is currently WIP for a future update (several cars, tracked vehicles)

• Current 'itinerary' for Future update/s

- Large update

- Little Treat

- Another Large update

• Would love to see ped modifying (big heads, stick insects, etc) & car modifying power-ups

• Excessive damage from the environment/s collisions (following the use of offensive power-ups) will be reduced in a future update

• In future, only one repulsificator will be issued per power-up barrel

• One day, once all the optimisation work is done, there will be peds in multiplayer

• New Ped Animals will be coming

• New environments will ideally be factored into the existing career, so you can go back to unlock them

• Additional save slots will be added to the career in future updates

Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
tonrac
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by tonrac »

That sound good ;)
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by lemonrev »

5 cents

did anyone see in stream when a car got hit by that spring pup and the car disappeared and only reappeard before death and only when they got closer did you see more detail ?.

There's been a lot cut out in game to make it run better I wonder if that will stick for those that have trouble running the game ?.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added the list to the OP. Thanks for your efforts, '80s Time Warp!
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

One Twitch i'm interested in the most: with Suppry, KingMerc & ProjectX, Suppry cause of 6 wheeled tech & ProjectX cause of how heavy it is & how much damage it deals with it's spikes n shit. Twitch/MP session today? I'll probably drop by for a few rounds.

*EDIT*

If Sam approves, here's the cars list i have installed in my CarMODgeddon folder:

AlexTSK RT Eagle;

Monty Carnage;

Leadpumper;

Stodge Barger;

Big Dump R;

Hevy Impaler;

Paralyser Trash Em;

'72 Moth Truck. (fav fuckin' beast! :))

Anyone interested, DL those (5 or 6 of the '80s Time Warp's car pack got hot fixed - DL these stead of vanilla ones) - CarMODgeddon MP Car Crusher session with these is good for you! Leadpumper, Hevy Impaler & '72 Moth Truck will be my weapons of choice. :) That & i hope Sam, Shane or nobby will see this message before the Wednesday & approve.

P.S. Will DL the "Hot Fix'd" cars from '80s Time Warp today. Make sure to do the same, atleast ones of you that interested in this. Fuck yeah!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/

Check who’s online