Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Stream Q&A collection

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Carmaman
driver

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Carmaman »

Is it that hard to add ingame text chat?
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

no it's not! everyone can do it!! Please dude, start the coding , it's no big deal
Gravedrinker
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Gravedrinker »

Yeah just the other day, I was going to make cereal, picked up the milk, and bam, I accidentally implemented text chat.

No but really, since it's network related, it isn't trivial. In general, if you think something is "easy" to make when programming, a simple rule to go by is: "It's not".

Everything takes 3 x longer than what you originally thought it would take, even keeping this rule in mind, and everything is annoyingly more complex than expected.

Even if you think about it for a moment, there is a lot more to it than just putting text in a box.

It needs to show the names, you'd probably like to have a way to ignore annoying users, it would be good if it would detect spam so you don't have Steve Blockhead spamming a giant ASCII penis over and over, you have to have a proper designed chat box, maybe highlight names of friends, have a way to hide the box, clicking names might open the Steam community page of the user or show an option to mute them and so on and so on. All this goes on top of the network background stuff and having everything work seamlessly for all participants of the conversation.

If you already are working your ass off to finish the game, then yeah, this might just be a little much to add right now.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added March 25th's.

Tanel is SO bloody charismatic! Can't wait to see more of him. To think of the lad that started off by barely speaking English to suddenly speak his elbows out in front of hundreds of people, it's a pretty sight! Sure, the accent is heavy, but it's understandable, so there's no problem. Plus I hear the girls love the European accents... ;)
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

Espyo wrote:Tanel is SO bloody charismatic!
ADHD charismatic...

:-D
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Gravedrinker wrote: it would be good if it would detect spam so you don't have Steve Blockhead spamming a giant ASCII penis over and over, you have to have a proper designed chat box,
i cracked there :D Gotta LOVE Steve Blockhead and his attitude <3

But in all seriousness that was my thought. You can't just say "it can't be THAT difficult...just fucking code this already!!!11", when there are so many bugs and issues that have to be corrected and plus you have many fans on the other hand complaining that the date that they set for Gold Release is not enough.

I mean people believe that 5 weeks were not enough for them to crush the EXISTING bugs and you want them to add new features ON TOP OF ALL THAT?

That's MADNESS i say!

With love,

The Eosforic Terasatanic Priest Of Rofocale
AlexTSK
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by AlexTSK »

Tanel is is great, get him back on the stream more often :)
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

Carmaman wrote:Is it that hard to add ingame text chat?
It is not hard at all to implement the ability for one person to type something and it appear on another person's screen. However proper text chat with all the features everyone expects, properly integrated into the UI, worked into both the lobby menus and the in-game HUD, which works reliably, makes sure messages are displayed in the order they were sent while making sure messages are received by everyone, supports muting players, has spam protection, etc. takes a lot of time to implement and get right.

That's the thing, just because something isn't hard to implement on a basic level doesn't mean it's quick to implement, especially something like text chat which requires coders, designers and artists to collaborate on, then the QA team to test and feedback to said coders, designers and artists to fix bugs, improve the interface and generally make it better. It's not something they can just flick a switch to turn on.
a.k.a. Brent
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KakkaHousu »

The bloody hand cursor is not in scope.
Stainless you dropped ball. This game is going to bomb. The bloody hand was absolute reason why C1 was great and now you cut it from game. All Steam reviews are going to be negative. Not recommended- ''No bloody hand cursor.''

Why it's not in scope? Hand is already in there, why not ad blood splatter from it? Should not be too hard. Sure it's needless detail but if it's easy to add why not?
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I don't care if blood drops from the hand cursor in the menu, even the censored versions of Carmageddon had the fleshy part and bones inside blacked out.
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

I miss the original cursor (and menu aesthetics) but it isn't really important for the game.
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hello carma folks and stainless folks.

Fun stream this week, Tanel actully enspired me to go make a (probly crappy) reincarnation video. hm..

But for now let me post some dumb questions.

- Ped slicing, ok so yeah I am a little dissopointed that one of the fetures I was going to screw around with to get stupid pics is not gona happen now, but one thing I will say is if its not dynamic, then dont you think its a little high? Peds slicing at the ribs where its tough is kinda odd to me. and is higher than most car blades? around the soft waist area has allways made more sense to me? -shrug-

- Is it too far out of scope to think there might be a mountable camra? I know you can attatch the current camra to things and places but, it still spins, will there be any hope of a static mounted camra for cool in car shots, on car roofs etc? or am I even making sense?

- something non carma related.. are there any other game plans in the works. is is your focus totally and 100% carmageddon at this moment? :P its ok I hate thinking about the future too..

ah well there we go some dumb questions..

to other people tho. the hand cursor comes up a lot.. CR does have a small hand curser now? Personally.. id find the big hand a little bit clumsy with the modern menues but ya.

also im not the only one who loved minions right? ya?
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Stream Q&A collection

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Mad_Maxine wrote:
- Is it too far out of scope to think there might be a mountable camra? I know you can attatch the current camra to things and places but, it still spins, will there be any hope of a static mounted camra for cool in car shots, on car roofs etc? or am I even making sense?
It's already possible rig the camera to a car and get a (near) static view. For example, for a drivers perspective shot:

1] left click on the area of the hood directly in front of the driver

2] move the camera into the interior and hover the camera dolley (the green/red/blue star) on the drivers face and then right click.

3] Bam! You should now have a perfect(ish) static car mounted camera, there may be some movement but I've found it works pretty good

Use the same method for any other part of the car, left click on the target area for the camera to point at, and then right click where you want to mount the camera :)

EDIT: Sometimes it doesn't work too well, so it would be nice if there was an easier to rig camera for cool movie & action style shots
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
SourceSeeker
pedestrian

Stream Q&A collection

Post by SourceSeeker »

Is there no Twitch stream today? Im here:
http://www.twitch.tv/carmageddon

But it says offline.

Where can I keep up to date with twitch stream dates?

Thanks!

Edit:

Ah, sry, GMT = UTC!

Im on UTC +1, so i still have to wait 1 hour :-)

Sry!
shane
Stainless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by shane »

SourceSeeker wrote:Is there no Twitch stream today? Im here:

But it says offline.

Thanks!
Hi SourceSeeker. Sorry but there isn't a Twitch stream today as we prepare for our trip to the Insomnia Gaming Festival tomorrow. We usually livestream every Wednesday at 6pm BST. You can keep up-to-date with our streaming and also Carmageddon news on our Facebook and Twitter social pages:

https://www.facebook.com/carmageddon
http://twitter.com/#!/Max_Damage
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
SourceSeeker
pedestrian

Stream Q&A collection

Post by SourceSeeker »

shane wrote:
SourceSeeker wrote:Is there no Twitch stream today? Im here:

But it says offline.

Thanks!

Hi SourceSeeker. Sorry but there isn't a Twitch stream today as we prepare for our trip to the Insomnia Gaming Festival tomorrow. We usually livestream every Wednesday at 6pm BST. You can keep up-to-date with our streaming and also Carmageddon news on our Facebook and Twitter social pages:

https://www.facebook.com/carmageddon
http://twitter.com/#!/Max_Damage

Oh nooo :-(

Wanted to ask a question about amount of bushes:

can only find 40, while 2 of 40 bushes are bugged:

"[Collectibles_16]" which should be "Cabbage Patch"

"[Collectibles_39]" which should be "Figgy Pudding"

both of them keep getting placed into the map with every new start, although i already collected them...

also bush level is at lvl 2 & to get to lvl 3 you need more than 50 bushes...

i cant believe there are that many bushes already in game...

Thanks for clarify shane!

Then I will have to wait for next stream.

Also thanks a lot for the useful links!!

edit [2015_04_16]:

i can approve what nobby said in the twitch stream about amount of bushes of 42. i finally managed to get them all. anyhow i didnt get the steam achievement, guessing because of the 2 bugged ones i mentioned earlier above. i will create a new thread in the technical support section.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Stream Q&A collection

Post by '80s Time Warp »

From Todays Twitch.

To be added to the 'questions to be answered':

- In the final release, will players be able to set Opponent APO in Freeplay to match the APO of the players car, as opposed to it being set to the maximum level that is unlocked?
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added April 8th's Q&As. I couldn't quite understand what type of "camera blur" they were talking about. The distance blurring, or the motion blur? And if it's the distance-based one, is it just close, far, or both? And does Nobby want to remove it, tone it down, or disable it by default? I wrote what I believe is the real answer, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.
AlexTSK
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by AlexTSK »

Espyo wrote:Added April 8th's Q&As. I couldn't quite understand what type of "camera blur" they were talking about. The distance blurring, or the motion blur? And if it's the distance-based one, is it just close, far, or both? And does Nobby want to remove it, tone it down, or disable it by default? I wrote what I believe is the real answer, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm quite sure they were talking about the depth of field. In CR's case it seems to blur things too near to the camera. I believe nobby said that he wants to have that particular feature disabled by default.
ender
driver

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ender »

Bloodstability wrote:I'm quite sure they were talking about the depth of field. In CR's case it seems to blur things too near to the camera. I believe nobby said that he wants to have that particular feature disabled by default.
That's the way I understood it, too (objects very near the camera were fairly blurry).
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Some great news in the last stream!

- Batwick is working on Tracked Vehicle tech

- He's also continuing the work on car splitting.

- Finally he's also working on 6-wheeled ad 2-wheeled Tech. This is PURE FUCKING AWESOME news! I didn't know 2-wheeled vehicles were planned!

By the way, somewhere in the stream, Nobby was asked if you could use Subpressor on Multiplayer, and he said that, if you have it unlocked through Single Player , you could use Subpressor on MP. But i have this car unlocked (the first time i destroyed it on SP) and i tried to use it on a MP match (Car Crusher mode) but couldn't. Anyone else can confirm if you can use the car on MP?
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KakkaHousu »

Are you sure it was two wheeled, not two wheel drive? 4x2, RWD or FWD cars? Great news if true, could be much better to have real two wheeled vehicle tech than C2's misplaced center of mass gimmick.
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Well on my defence, i heard and saw the whole video on a laptop so my hearing was kind of butchered, since i have no headphones. So i could be mistaken. But i also think i heard nobby talking about Unicycles on the end of his answer so if this last statement wasn't humorous he was actually talking about bicycles and bikes?

Still have a shitty laptop and TONS of outer noises so there''s no point in watching the stream now!
LordToastALot
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by LordToastALot »

It was about two wheels, I asked the question if motorcycles would ever make it into Carma and Nobby said Patrick is pretty determined to get two wheeled tech in.
Bet that hurt!
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

FFFFFFFF YEEEEEEES!!!! THANKS LORD TOASTALAT!
FatCat
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by FatCat »

Now, by two wheeled tech, maybe they meant steamrollers.
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

I would guess Patrick is wanting to get in support for as many different amounts of wheels as possible. I'd love to have 3 wheel support, as well as a dozen wheels, especially when combined with the articulated vehicle support (e.g. caravans, lorries, etc) which was mentioned on the previous twitch.
a.k.a. Brent
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KakkaHousu »

Good to hear, I didn't watched last stream at all, I just thought that could be about FWD and RWD cars because there was discussion about it when first version of game was released and cars were all wheel drive.

Edit. Hopefully Patrick makes tech flexible. I wan't make Erkkola (Finnish invamoped), also aswell Ronx's idea about ''Killer Jeep'' with roller's roll (What you call that in English?) .

RiOrus
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by RiOrus »

'◦That horn you hear while the game is loading is only a bug, not a microwave "done" ding.'

I literally only just saw this - I wondered what the hell was going on, I'd recently installed some audio drivers and I thought that was the problem! Ha
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Thanks for clearing up, folks! I only wrote down two points, and I messed up BOTH of them. Embarrassing...
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Hey man, it's ok! You've been documenting every twitch from the beginning so these mistakes are small to what you've achieved!

Man! Less than 2 weeks remain for the release!
FatCat
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by FatCat »

I like the horn, feels luxurious and gladiatorial, they should keep this bug in as a feature. :)
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Epitaph wrote:Some great news in the last stream!

- Batwick is working on Tracked Vehicle tech

- He's also continuing the work on car splitting.

- Finally he's also working on 6-wheeled ad 2-wheeled Tech. This is PURE FUCKING AWESOME news! I didn't know 2-wheeled vehicles were planned!

Now these are some awesome fuckin' news, hope that tech will be in when 23 April comes-a-knockin'. Two wheeled vehicle - halfed Spack Chariot?
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Nope, sorry Yautja, none of those will be on Gold Release. Team is mostly conncentrating in Crushing Bugs and improving performance. :D

11 days left! OMG
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Epitaph wrote:Nope, sorry Yautja, none of those will be on Gold Release. Team is mostly conncentrating in Crushing Bugs and improving performance. :D

11 days left! OMG
FUCK!!! That shit sucks. Don't tell me these planned as DLC vehicles. I'll be @ Twitch this Wednesday.

Writing this shit on my Galaxy Core Duos - hope I'll be able to see Twitch at this POS resolution. lol

P.S. Not that I'm against the bugs crushing & perf improvements/optimizations, I just hoped that these 3 will be in Final Release. :)

Check who’s online