Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Stream Q&A collection

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
KazzyMac
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KazzyMac »

Errol, your StarForce link links to SecuROM lol.

Also .... ahh, starforce. I miss Trackmania Nations ESWC... wish they'd removed it from that game so it'd run on windows 7/8. Oh well.
Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Errol »

KazzyMac wrote:Errol, your StarForce link links to SecuROM lol.
No it doesn't. Liar.

(don't notice the edit time, don't notice the edit time, don't notice the edit time)
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

One question that bugs me for now: do i need to play every level/tier in all 3 out of 3/4 out of 4 ways to unlock APC/Subpressor/CU:NT or playing just Classic Carma events will unlock these 3? Right now @ the level/tier 13, Lumberer just won't appear as opponent even though it should've being on 12. Just asking.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KakkaHousu »

You can unlock everything except CU:NT and APC by playing only Classic Carma events. That is what I did. Subressor appears in Blood on the Rooftops which is Death race, but there is one on the Beef Curtains too.
Fuel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Fuel »

I don't know what the exact criteria is but I only unlocked the APC after doing all the events and getting the Carmawang achievement.

The CU:NT seemed to unlock for me after finishing Beef Curtains.

I wasted and unlocked the Subpressor in the first event I saw it in, called The Grate Outdoors, which is the car crusher event in tier 14.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added the one from February 25th. Nobby, remember to ask the crew about the Hell Hound ped and about Steam server browser support!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

2KakkaHousu & Fuel:

Thanx, already @ tier/level 14, will check this out. Will see if this mofo (Subpry) is in Grate Outdoors. Dumpster, Electric Blue & Lumberer start to appear @ this tier/level & not @ 12 or 13; Lumberer is stealworthy right from beginning.
welbot
pedestrian

Stream Q&A collection

Post by welbot »

I'm loving almost everything about this game so far, with 2 exceptions. One, which I've mentioned elsewhere, is the cops. Far too strong. Making them hard to kill I can understand, but they can total a fully armoured and repaired car with a tap to a wheel at any speed. The other is no AI in multiplayer :(

Is this ever going to happen, or is it just too much for the game to cope with? I figured since it'd be similar to single player, it could be implemented without too much trouble. Going in to a race for 8 people, with only 2 human players should fill the empties with bots! Is this likely to ever happen, or is this something we'll have to mod?
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Got one, beaten Classic Carma events entirely, man this thing's speed sucks; but it's stats & damage it deals are FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Any screen from the top that you see this THING (Subpressor) in 'em: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020804384/screenshots/#scrollTop=0 CU:NT & APC will be unlocked only when i'll complete the game entirely?
skyNET
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by skyNET »

YautjaLord wrote:Got one, beaten Classic Carma events entirely, man this thing's speed sucks; but it's stats & damage it deals are FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Any screen from the top that you see this THING (Subpressor) in 'em: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020804384/screenshots/#scrollTop=0 CU:NT & APC will be unlocked only when i'll complete the game entirely?
Nope. Above xy% I think, but certainly not 100%. I have completed all the events at least once, then gone over to finish CC events the "racing way" (borefest). Somewhere in-between I received the CUNT and the APC. Done a race with the lil' bugger - it's doing stoppies and wheelies all the time, just fucking hilarious.

edit

You'll know it because when you do it you get a screen with "you sure teached those cows a lesson" or something like that. Epic. Maybe you have to waste the sub in all the races it spawns (I wasted 3)?
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

skyNET wrote:Nope. Above xy% I think, but certainly not 100%. I have completed all the events at least once, then gone over to finish CC events the "racing way" (borefest). Somewhere in-between I received the CUNT and the APC. Done a race with the lil' bugger - it's doing stoppies and wheelies all the time, just fucking hilarious.

edit

You'll know it because when you do it you get a screen with "you sure teached those cows a lesson" or something like that. Epic. Maybe you have to waste the sub in all the races it spawns (I wasted 3)?

Wasted Subpry in tier 14's The Grate Outdoors & Warehouse @ tier 15 + Blood On the Rooftops in same tier, haven't wasted/wrecked one in Beef Curtains. I'll play all the stuff in all tiers/levels, even though it'll net me with the "Batwick Will Be....... Dissapointed" "achiev". Thanx ALOT!!!
hazardic
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by hazardic »

btw seems i missed info about Shane - did she returned to team or she participates in CR community just by her own?
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

hazardic wrote:btw seems i missed info about Shane - did she returned to team or she participates in CR community just by her own?
I think you're getting Shane confused with Sim. Sim was the lady who used to be on the streams and was one of the game designers who worked on the project but she is now working for Running With Scissors. Shane is the guy who runs the website, maintains the CLINT app, is the community manager and generally helps out with lots of things.
a.k.a. Brent
hazardic
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by hazardic »

damn, i'm indeed somehow thought that is a same person. nevermind then. thanks for the reply though
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

It's holiday for me starting from this day & til Sunday, so i'll attend this Twitch it seems. :) See ya all in what appears to be less than hour.

P.S. One of F'n'H challenges fuckin' pissed me off that i SLAMMED the monitor so hard that it went completely blank on me, lol; good thing i have spare HDMI cable, but for a moment i thought i'll have to shed some cash on another monitor in March 13 n shit. Need to be less prone to shit like that & no - it doesn't happen that often. rofl
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

YautjaLord wrote:It's holiday for me starting from this day & til Sunday, so i'll attend this Twitch it seems. :) See ya all in what appears to be less than hour.

P.S. One of F'n'H challenges fuckin' pissed me off that i SLAMMED the monitor so hard that it went completely blank on me, lol; good thing i have spare HDMI cable, but for a moment i thought i'll have to shed some cash on another monitor in March 13 n shit. Need to be less prone to shit like that & no - it doesn't happen that often. rofl

Chill, man.
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
YautjaLord
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by YautjaLord »

Sandy Crack (Coast to Coast) in level/tier 13 just would NOT let me finish it; just less than a minute ago crashed to desktop yet again. Pisses me off! I'll see if it'll work with any other car, was using Subpry all that time, it's time to use EB & Opponent Repulsificator yet again. Ten tons driving @ 150mph just won't cut it. lol

@Kejnel:

lol Thanx, i promise i'll cherish this monitor as well as the rest of PC. rofl Keep headbangin'!!!! \m/ \m/

P.S. Stream was good. Shane should know: Mastodon & Slayer are good friends. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0OSFygAaAE RIP Hanneman.
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

I am thrilled about AI using PUPs! Cannot wait to try it out. I also hope they will use them intelligently.
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Finally added March 4th's stream... Boy howdy.

Anyway, reminders for Nobby this time around:

• Twisted reminded the action preview small window while using the big map. Nobby, talk to the devs about bringing it back!

• Remember to talk to the dev crew about the priority of text chat in multiplayer!

• Ask them if car damage from acid baths is still in scope or not.

ender
driver

Stream Q&A collection

Post by ender »

Swimming peds won't be a thing. Imagine chasing the last ped only to find it miles away at sea.
I'm kinda sad about this, since peds could swim in Carmageddon 2 (it also slowly killed them, so even if it swam away, it died eventually).
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

ender wrote:I'm kinda sad about this, since peds could swim in Carmageddon 2 (it also slowly killed them, so even if it swam away, it died eventually).

I thought the same, but I just pointed down the reasoning Nobby gave. Anyway, I can imagine the trouble it takes to implement another animation, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Stream Q&A collection

Post by CzechDeath »

Espyo wrote:
ender wrote:I'm kinda sad about this, since peds could swim in Carmageddon 2 (it also slowly killed them, so even if it swam away, it died eventually).

I thought the same, but I just pointed down the reasoning Nobby gave. Anyway, I can imagine the trouble it takes to implement another animation, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

To me it sounded as if NoBBy him self forgot that peds were actually swimming for little while before they drowned in C2 and missunderstood the question for nonsensical request that is not worth the effort...

It happens...
KazzyMac
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by KazzyMac »

CzechDeath wrote:
Espyo wrote:

To me it sounded as if NoBBy him self forgot that peds were actually swimming for little while before they drowned in C2 and missunderstood the question for nonsensical request that is not worth the effort...

It happens...

Let's just all pretend the ocean is too acidic and they just instantaneously dissolve upon submerging. Problem solved. :P
Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.
suicidal_banana
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by suicidal_banana »

Question for next stream, whenever that is.

- Whats the state of the modding api?

(Since its most likely still on Wednesdays at the exact time that im in public transit, if somebody could post the awnser, if its given off-course, that would be superb)
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

suicidal_banana wrote:Question for next stream, whenever that is.

- Whats the state of the modding api?

(Since its most likely still on Wednesdays at the exact time that im in public transit, if somebody could post the awnser, if its given off-course, that would be superb)

The modding support is being left as-is until the main game is finished. Once that is done they will work on improving the mod related features, changing things around to be easier to work with and so on. It sucks to have to wait but there's no point in them working on tidying up mod support if other things change and require them to re-do that work.
a.k.a. Brent
suicidal_banana
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by suicidal_banana »

Ok, fair enough, thanks for that bit of info :)
Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!
Espyo
road raged psycho

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Espyo »

Added March 18th's stream. Pretty small thing this time, as part of the discussion was more focused on explaining stuff regarding the final release.
Mephala
mechanic

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Mephala »

Espyo wrote:
[*]Text chat in multiplayer is not in scope.
Very disappointing.
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

Mephala wrote:
Espyo wrote:

Very disappointing.

Yes.
Epitaph
motorised death

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Epitaph »

Espyo wrote:
I guess, we understood different things? I think in the last Twitch Nobby was talking about the 23rd of April release.

At that date we won't have a text chat in Multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjrDHfXzx0

The question and answer are on 35:03. At the start it sounds like there's not gonna be Text Chat at all, but i figured he was talking about the 23rd of April release. There's still a chance that it might come at a later update.
Rippthrough
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Rippthrough »

That's a pity, it'd make the crashes/desyncs more bearable if we could at least chat whilst waiting :(
Kejnel
speed freak

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Kejnel »

Epitaph wrote:
Espyo wrote:

I guess, we understood different things? I think in the last Twitch Nobby was talking about the 23rd of April release.

At that date we won't have a text chat in Multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjrDHfXzx0

The question and answer are on 35:03. At the start it sounds like there's not gonna be Text Chat at all, but i figured he was talking about the 23rd of April release. There's still a chance that it might come at a later update.

You might be right, actually. Thanks.
Trent
mindless

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Trent »

Someone asked about custom gamemodes in CarMODgeddon during the stream and Nobby said to ask about it here, so I figured I would just post a load of CarMODgeddon questions/feature requests:

Custom Game Modes - Will custom game modes be supported?
Uncompiled Scripts - Will the uncompiled scripts be released with CarMODgeddon as Nobby original suggested when asked ages ago?
Custom Engine Sonuds - Will the game support custom FMOD .FEV files to be loaded for custom engine sounds, or even plain audio files to be used for engine sounds if custom .FEV files aren't an option?
Custom Shader DB files - As the shaders are all compiled into a single Shader_DB.DB file now, will there be support for custom Shader DB's to be loaded rather than having to edit the main one and potentially screw up the main game?
Shader Header Files - Are there any plans for releasing the shader header files to ease the creation of custom shaders? Or a tool for compiling shader bytecode from the material scripts, e.g. have all the relevant shader includes and such in an EXE similar to the way the game used to compile the shaders at runtime?
Levels Being Loaded When Not In Career Playlist - Currently levels are only loaded when they are in the Career playlist and need to be unlocked. Will it support files not in the Career playlist and will levels have a setting like cars have to force them to be unlocked automatically?
Custom Career Playlists - Will CarMODgeddon support multiple custom Career Playlists? e.g. so you could choose a Carma1 career, a Carma 2 playlist, Banger Racing playlist, etc.? If yes, what about defining which cars appear as opponents and which are playable in those custom careers?
Custom Text.xml files - Will the game support custom Text.xml files so modders can add names, driver bios and other text to their cars and levels without editing the main Text.xml file?
Car Joint Chains - Currently hinged joints in the cars Structure.xml files are positioned absolutely in car space, they are unaffected by the positions of the parent objects, so it's impossible to have, for example, a digger with an arm which is hinged with a hinged bucket on the end. Are there any plans to support hierarchy of hinges? Such hinge hierarchies are supported in Accessories which is how the Mutant Tail Thing is done, but not in car Structure.xml files.
Mixed ZAD/Unpacked - Currently the game only supports either using content packed in ZAD files or entirely extracted, it would be very handy to allow the game to use partially unpacked data, so you don't have to unpack the many gigs of the game's data but can work on mods without having to pack them up.
Rim/Skins - Currently all the extra Rims & Skins for cars are defined in a single file, it would be very handy to support additional ones without editing that file, so multiple people can make skins and rims for the same car without overriding each other.

I think that's all for now, if I can think of any other suggestions or questions, I'll add some more.
a.k.a. Brent
Doctor Fraggington
turbo bastard

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Doctor Fraggington »

I'd especially like to see car joint chains and mixed zad/unpacked.
Gravedrinker
hit n run

Stream Q&A collection

Post by Gravedrinker »

Car joint chains would really be the bees bollocks.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker

Check who’s online