Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[REL] HotWheels Flashfire

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

[REL] HotWheels Flashfire

Post by Razor »

HotWheels FlashFire - The Stainless Mattel Car
flashfirehw.png
flashfirehw.png (89.23 KiB) Viewed 2421 times

By now you should know the story behind this car; 22 years ago, during the late development of Carmageddon 2 Stainless decided to create a few quick items for the game in order to pitch an idea to Mattel in the hopes that they would be able to create a licensed Hot Wheels game with them, to cut a long story short Mattel weren't having any of it and said no, this model was left on the cutting room floor until 2014 when Errol shared his goodies with myself and Toshiba-3, in these goodies were this model for the Hot Wheels pitch.

------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots
► Show Spoiler
Readme.TXT

Code: Select all

Flashfire - The Stainless Mattel Car
--
https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
--
Original Model by Stainless Software
Everything else by Razor
---

This car was created by Stainless back in 1998 alongside 'Hotroom' as part of their pitch to Mattel to create a Hot Wheels game, it has been laying dormant on hard drives of Errol's until now! He shared a bunch of in-dev goodies and a model of this Mattel car was in there!

It was just a model but contained everything a C2 car should, it just needed completing!

I textured it based on the real toy car 'Flashfire' (a 1998 HotWheels issue of the toy) that the vehicle was modelled after, set it all up and am releasing it to the world! AT LAST!

I have tried to make this car as close to the default C2 lineup as possible, it is feature complete and should fit right in with the rest of the vehicles in the vanilla game, even the textures are in blurry 1998 fashion!!

--Installing--

Install it as you would any other C2 car.

Either with Carstockalypse or by editing your OPPONENTS.TXT
--Features--

-Detachables
-Smashables
-Simplemodel
-SHELL model
-Car Menu Image
-Shrapnel Colours
-Multiple bounding boxes
-Fire points
-Proper wheel positioning for skidmarks
-Camera positioning
-HotWheels skin
--Problems/Bugs--

-Windows can be a bit glitchy at times

--Thanks--
Stainless
Errol - for sharing this goodness
Toshiba-3 - For always being a helpful hand
#Carmageddon IRC

https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

--Contact me-
My email address: razor@retrogameshelf.com
Download the vehicle by clicking the link below!
[Flashfire_Hotwheels.zip ~220kb]

Remember, this vehicle is best used in it's home, Hotroom!! Also remember that this is not compatible with the previous version of this vehicle that I released, it will overwrite it.

Enjoy,
~Razor.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: [CARMA2] [RELEASE] HotWheels Flashfire

Post by Mastro 666 »

Cool car! :beer:

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: [CARMA2] [RELEASE] HotWheels Flashfire

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nice release :) I still prefer your first orange/white/black skin I think.
Attachments
Carma2_HW 2020-05-23 18-08-16-50.jpg
Carma2_HW 2020-05-23 18-08-16-50.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
tazspin
pedestrian

Re: [REL] HotWheels Flashfire

Post by tazspin »

Is the hotroom map available anywhere? I used to have it years ago but seem to have lost it (multiple computers, os change, failed hard drive) I have searched but can not seem to find it online anywhere.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

tazspin wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:26 am Is the hotroom map available anywhere? I used to have it years ago but seem to have lost it (multiple computers, os change, failed hard drive) I have searched but can not seem to find it online anywhere.
https://www.toxic-ragers.co.uk/files/ca ... ps/models/
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
tazspin
pedestrian

Post by tazspin »

Thank you very much, Razor

Check who’s online