Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Installing maps WITHOUT mapstocklypse?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
classicdrogn
driver

Installing maps WITHOUT mapstocklypse?

Post by classicdrogn »

The game itself works much better under Wine, but neither Carstocklypse nor Mapstockalypse can load. Managing cars manually is easy - I did it all the time back when C2 was the hot new thing, since I was on a Mac - but I've never messed around with maps much. What do I need to edit to get them all lined up and happy?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Installing maps WITHOUT mapstocklypse?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello classicdrogn,

I think most of us edit RACES.TXT manually as Mapstockalypse never really worked too right with newer Windows versions.
So yes, the idea is to open RACES.TXT located in the Data folder, and replace an existing race chunk with the one supplied either in the addon's readme, or in the .C2T file (open with notepad).
Some addon tracks also require installing new drones, sounds, sometimes even peds. Just usually have to follow the instructions from the readme :scool:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Cool, thanks. About what I expected, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any less-obvious tricks in the waiting before I go muckin' about, especially with how long it's been since I did much of anything but glance at the CD case gathering dust on my shelf. Now if I could just find the cars I made once upon a time... Carnivor Jr. I got off your site, but no one seems to have the Tanto or Magic 8-Ball hosted anymore, and Velocirapture from when I got briefly into it again a few years ago never even got released to begin with.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Temporarily put them there:
https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R6/Magic8Ball.zip
https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R6/tanto.zip

They were hosted at TheSprayShop IIRC, sadly it's been down for a few years now.
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Awesome, thanks Toshiba! The 8-ball is basically just a nostalgiamobile, but I really liked driving around in the Tanto. Pity the original idea of giving it a sharp-fronted bbox to be able to split cars without needing a convenient map object didn't work out, but it was still just lots of fun, and very Carmageddon style, I thought.

Edit: While I'm asking about old cars, do you know where this Eagle might be found? The picture is from your rr2000 gallery and I have the hearse, but I've never seen that particularly sexy version of the classic Eagle before that I can recall.

https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/gallery/al ... gdgsdg.jpg
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

It was also hosted at wasted/carmajunkies, should be this:
https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R6/TDANewEagles.zip :swheel:
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Coool. I'll stop bugging you now, and get on with installing all these wonderful toys I collected over the past couple days :ssmile: And maybe check my uncle's computer to see if Velocirapture still exists on it, from poking at it after my old computer died...
Vapour
pedestrian

Post by Vapour »

But what if the addon doesn't include the C2T file or Readme? Or does include the Readme but doesn't contain instructions?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Then you have to either create a car entry by yourself in OPPONENT.TXT, or you edit an existing one. Just look up the name of the main .txt file used by the addon car (located into DATA\CARS\nameofhecar folder), and then you use that filename in OPPONENT.TXT. Just make it look like the other car entries in that file.

If that's not clear enough, don't hesitate to post the addon in question and I'll illustrate with it.

Check who’s online