Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 To C1 Car Release

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: [CARMA1] C2 To C1 Car Release

Post by Mastro 666 »

Great work Wade! :rockon:
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Post by WadeSullivan »

I will try to made those updates XD thank you for the feedback
And Thanks Mastro have fun :banana: :banana:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Good job with the Plow Mk2
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
WadeSullivan
hit n run

Re: C2 To C1 Car Release

Post by WadeSullivan »

After so many years i will start to update the car list with C2 modded cars made by our friends :swheel: :swheel:
The 4 welcomers are:

Monster Citroen (by Error) - driver Evellin Envy
Cleaver V3 (by Toshiba) - driver Val Helluva
CopCar TDR (by TTR's) - driver Debbie O'Nuts
DarkSide (by TTR's) - driver Calypso

have fun guys :banana: :banana: :banana:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C2 To C1 Car Release

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Finally took the time to test your last four ports, just have a few remarks:

- in the zip files, you placed the grid images into 32X20X8 instead of 32X20X8/PIXELMAP.
- some filenames are over the 8.3 format (like MCITROMUG.FLI, CLEAVERV3.FLI/.PIX/etc) which means the DOS version might not load them.
- you forgot to crop the rearlight texture from the Monster Citroën, makes it look like it has four tiny rearlight sets.
- the cleaver has three different window textures (the various smash levels meant for C2), you didn't keep the transparency for some textures and they became white instead (see screenshot) (just have to set those parts to pink really), some from geometry overlap but I don't think there's much you can do about it though.
- you copy/pasted parts of my readmes, which is a bit strange..? It makes it look like you're greeting people you don't know and... even yourself :tongue: Write your own greetz. You also included the link to jorma's sketchup profile which again is weird. But you didn't include your own website..!

I can tell you're progressing but all in all, I feel your ports are still a bit too rushed..! It really isn't difficult to set the various windows to the same material in PT2 (just have to identify the materials and give them the same name), and then set it as the reflective windshield material in the txt file. Same with the shrapnel colors and fire points, it takes 5 minutes really. There's an image listing the various shrapnel colors in the zip "Toshiba's C1 Helpers" at RR2000. For the firepoints, if you're lazy, just pick one vertex from the hood in PT2 and use its number for all firepoints. Etc.
Attachments
DUMP0004.png
DUMP0004.png (65.38 KiB) Viewed 989 times
DUMP0002.png
DUMP0002.png (62.21 KiB) Viewed 989 times
DUMP0001.png
DUMP0001.png (80.56 KiB) Viewed 989 times
DUMP0000.png
DUMP0000.png (58.97 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Genesis
pedestrian