Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Couple quick questions

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Couple quick questions

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Since I now have a working PC, there is a possibility I might return to C2. This, along with Maxine's conversion thread, got me thinking about two questions I have concerning C2:

-Is it possible to have team-based gameplay with the single player A.I.?

-Is there a way to be able to choose from a selection of vehicles at the start of a new game, much in the same way of C1's choice of Max and Die, even if it is an external program, such as Carstockalyples? On second thought, I may have figured out an answer myself; just have a selection of vehicles pre-unlocked, like in the Destruction Derby mod and Maxine's Truck mod. The only problem with this is you can't limit the player to the choosen vehicle, but that would be pointless, since other vehicles can be unlocked throughout the game.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Couple quick questions

Post by coffeycup »

Alex_Dynamite wrote:Is it possible to have team-based gameplay with the single player A.I.?
I don't think so. It's everybody for themselves as far as I know.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi Alex, what do you have in mind?

If I recall correctly, Mastro had made some kind of car selection level for the Post-Apocalyptic pack?

[youtube]uTgGnaAlcUs[/youtube]
http://carmageddon.forumfree.it/?t=5639 ... y465169473
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Wow, now that is an interesting, creative idea for car selection!

Like Maxine, I have a number of ideas for total conversions. One of them involves two teams of drivers/vehicles battling it out. I was really hoping for that one. Another involves you choosing one of a selection of drivers and play through thier story.

Sounds like neither are possible, though. Team play seems to be only done in network games and the story one would need an external program to change text files based on chosen driver.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Sorry for somewhat off-topic post:

Wouldn't there be an easier way of doing this vehicle selection business by creating a map that only spawns the desired vehicles as opponents but kills them immediately, then you get to Wreck's Gallery with for example 150,000 credits in the bank and each vehicle costing 150,000 credits?

This way it cuts out the step of having to manually choose the vehicle you want ingame and then again in Wreck's Gallery yet still only allowing you to select only one.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

the only issue I had with my pre unlocked cars is I had to finish one race to waste them all buy them for free, then edit all the text to make sure cars cost the right amount, was there another way of having allready unlocked cars? because my issue is the game is now a race shorter as you dont have to finish the first race. wich Is made after I unlocked the select cars.

anyway this sounds cool, does this mean after all this time you are still going to make a full mod for C2? I hope modding never dies. heh. ill be stuck in C2, I dont enjoy the complex modding of modern games, as much as having my own stuff in CR would have been, no point in doing something for 'fun' you dont liek right? and texturing in modern programs puts me off modling compleatly.

hope the mod turns out well :D hope I can do somethin to help too? :\ I need a kick to get me back into it, I started a car for my DD mod a week ago and its only to the 'allmost finished' stage.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Good ideas and thanks! However, I won't be doing anything soon, as I still have other projects and more to do currently, I just wanted to see if any of my ideas would be possible before I even started doing any of them. Unfortunately, without the possibility to have teams, that is one large idea already scratched off. None the less, if I do go for a possible idea, I will let you all know.

Check who’s online