Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[Rel] Carmageddon 2: Post-Carpocalypse Car Pack V2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Fireman
motorised death

[Rel] Carmageddon 2: Post-Carpocalypse Car Pack V2

Post by Fireman »

Here it is!

The complete car pack! This pack will replace the original Carmageddon vehicles by 105 custom made vehicles with a post-apocalyptic theme. None of these vehicles were made nor textured by me, check out the Credits.txt to see all the original creators and their websites, for more add-on cars and tracks. Here is a quick preview.

All cars now have menu images and vehicle sounds. Here is a video of the gallery, contains spoilers!

The car pack is downloadable here.

To install simply download Carstockalypse, use it in your Carmageddon directory, then unpack all content of the .rar into your Carmageddon directory. This pack replaces your opponent.txt, but Carstockalypse automatically backs this up, so no worries! It also replaces the siren sound from Copcar, back it up if you want it back!

Future versions might include driver images for all vehicles and simple models. Though I'll work on the map pack for now. I've tested the mod for a full playthrough (normal C2) and it crashed only twice, because of the unsplittability of certain cars. Any comments are welcome, especially regarding the credits.txt, I don't want to piss anyone off :wink: !
Last edited by Fireman on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireman
motorised death

Re: [Rel] Carmageddon 2: Post-Carpocalypse Car Pack V1

Post by Fireman »

Here´s the new definite version:

- No duplicate vehicles in opponent.txt
- All car images with correct skins
- All cars have descriptions:
TOP SPEED:
WEIGHT:
0-60MPH:
- Added a few cars (Countrash, Junk Truck, 53´ Rust Ford, Darkside)
- Changed Readme
- Changed Credits
- Removed the excess files from CarImages and Cars, so it´s actually smaller now (100 MB´s smaller)

So there ye have it, it´s complete now! Enjoy and report any crashes, please!

Download here!
n3wton
Wasted!

Re: [Rel] Carmageddon 2: Post-Carpocalypse Car Pack V2

Post by n3wton »

Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

n3wton wrote:Good Job mirror here ;)
http://www.carmajunkies.com/downloads/i ... iew&id=962
Thanks! It's still the V1 file though, could you fix that please?
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

it's a good pack. but there is one major problem :/ one of the cars screws up the game. on the mission oil be blown! mission 9 one of the cars causes this error: BRender Error detected: failiure: BrModelUpdate: model has no faces or verticies (FLWHEEL.DAT) that's the only problem i have encountered so far :'( it's good but i wish to see this problem fixed. started with a fresh install of c2 with this pack correctly installed. :suicide:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Halogaland
turbo bastard

Post by Halogaland »

This kind of problem appearswhen I have too much cars, as for example, in the OPPONENT.TXT, I can have 98 cars, but when I add one more (99), then the game crashes ONLY when it tried to load this car, we can say "this car has a problem", but... no, indeed, I tried with several cars, and always the same problem, with the same last car :s
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

the too many cars problem always occurs. it's a limit that everyone has. yet it varies. some people have 50. others have 80. Encountered that brrender wheel error again :/ it only happens when i pick the eagle on round 9 and 10. yet the eagle worked fine before. but i look in the garage to pick the car i want and there seem to be 7 duplicates of it... :suicide:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Halogaland wrote:This kind of problem appearswhen I have too much cars, as for example, in the OPPONENT.TXT, I can have 98 cars, but when I add one more (99), then the game crashes ONLY when it tried to load this car, we can say "this car has a problem", but... no, indeed, I tried with several cars, and always the same problem, with the same last car :s
This actually isn't caused by the limit of cars. In fact, car 100-126 will still work. Just be sure to put 98 and 99 on eagle only so they're never spawned in races and it should be fine.

I'm pretty sure I've done that in the opponent.txt, if you messed around with adding and deleting cars it might've changed. I had the same Brender error while testing it, but I thought I got all of them out.

Maybe I've forgot to add some files. I'll have to check.

Check who’s online