Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 car probs....Can I get any dumber?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
LDNMaster
pedestrian

C2 car probs....Can I get any dumber?

Post by LDNMaster »

I must admit asking all these questions makes me feel rather retarded. Anyways, im having two problems with a couple extra cars for C2. With the McLaren F1, its telling me the "wheels are outside all shapes" and with the VW Golf Lowrider, it says "Cannot load Car resolution-independent file" What the hell does that mean and how can I fix it??
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: C2 car probs....Can I get any dumber?

Post by Deep_Blue »

S'OK, dude-I'd know more if I asked more--Trouble is, ya gotta weed thru the crap usually to get the answer ya need around here sometimes... The McLaren? It's the way it was made--Somebody edited the bounding box I guess and the wheels are outside it-C2 doesn't deal with that well.. Either make the BBox bigger or chuck the car.

The other one? C2 can't find a texture or textures for the car or one is corrupted, or a component of the car is calling for a texture that it can't find, or doesn't exist.

Check all the .tif images in the car's tiffrgb directory to see if they're OK-If they are, then it's calling for an image that has been renamed or wasn't put there in the first place--nobody's perfect.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
LDNMaster
pedestrian

Post by LDNMaster »

Ok...got it....how do i make the bounding box bigger? Id like to try if it lets me use that car. Its a nice model.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K In the car's .txt file, near the end you'll see an entry called "bounding shapes".

These are coordinates. try playing with them.

You'll see L B F, R B F, L T F, R T F, etc for the front top 'n bottom corners of the box and more for the rear corners of the box--

I don't have anything in front of me to go by, but I would make a backup of that .txt file somewheres and then mebbe increase the numbers a little on each corner to make the box bigger, except because they're coordinates, I don't really know where they are in relation to the model--you could try swiping the coordinates from a similar shaped and sized vehicle with the same polyhedron shaped BBox and paste 'em in that .txt file and see if they'll work.. Worst that could happen is it'll crash the game or you'll hit poles and stuff with thin air, or half yer car will disappear into a wall before it registers an impact. if the last two, keep adjusting it. (Really-set up CarEd-it'll help you here...) If the first thing (crashes) happens, yer no worse off than if ya never touched the .txt file.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online