Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Game Freeze Every 5 sec's

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
MasterX
pedestrian

Game Freeze Every 5 sec's

Post by MasterX »

I hope someone will be able to help me, my problem is that I get a constant gamefreeze every 5 sec's in Carmageddon II. But sometimes (rarely) the game runs smoothely, where's the logic in that? I used to own a 3dfx based chipset but now I use d3d, and ever since I had this problem. So, has anyone suffered the same annoying problem? If so, were you able to solve it? Please tell me how to complete enjoy the game again. (by email or post)

hendbest
turbo bastard

Re: Game Freeze Every 5 sec's

Post by hendbest »

yeah, I think I'll rant about DX8 again!

If yer got DX8, thats yer problem right there.

If not, check for updated drivers for your card. It may also be becuase of lack of RAM and cache settings. I sugest getting something like cacheman, or anything that dosen't run in the background.

Hope it helps :smile:

------------------

Hit any user to continue.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Actualy, it has nothing to do with the graphics. You're probably running it from a ripped version, and cd music is turned on. What the game does is look for a cd to play music from. Turn off cd music and it should be fixed..

TB

MasterX
pedestrian

Post by MasterX »

Sounds logical but... my music's turned off.. if i turn it on... I don't get game freezes but an entire game slowdown... unplayeble even... So? I really don't know what to do now, would buying my old voodoo 2 back help? Because it is after all a glide based game. And I will do anything to be able to play this game normal again, or i could always go and buy the game... how muh would it cost? it's already a classic
MasterX
pedestrian

Post by MasterX »

My music's turned off! Now what'll i do?

hmm, i'll reinstall windows... i'll do anything to play this game normal again!
cArmAkAze
Jesus, Hatebreed

Post by cArmAkAze »

Actually, I've had the same problem once before. If you have the music on and a disc with music on it in the drive, reguardless if it's the C2 disc or not, it's fine. But if you have the music on and no music CD or any CD in the drive, it does it.

------------------

Check who’s online