Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help! please :)

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
n3wton
Wasted!

Help! please :)

Post by n3wton »

Right I know this is un-related to Carma, but I have ordered my new RiG :wink:

P4 3.06Ghz

1.3GB DDR Ram

normally bollocks

CDRW/DVD

monitor etc........etc........

BUT...

In my current machine I have a geforce4mx 64MB, which I need to upgrade, what do I upgrade too ? a friend has just bought a geforce 128MBTi, which is nice, but.. I noticed that nvidia have released these FX graphics ?

I saw this, could someone tell me if its better then the Ti128MB.. I know its a 256MB card, but please can someone explain... if its better ?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... LEA-FX5625

or...

am I better going for this?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... CRE-820320

please, any help will be really apperciated :smile:
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Re: Help! please :)

Post by Noodlez »

screw nvidia, uber junk, might have once been something but now there just crap and they have poopoo for user relations nowdays.

ATI all the way man. if you are on a budget a 9500pro (128) is ok a 9700pro better, if you want to kill even the newest FX card then a 9800pro and they come in 128 and 256 version.

ATI has fixed all there problems as of hold, and now have great user relations, some of the best drivers around. as of right now a 6 week driver cycle that is about to change to a 4 week one. (hot fixes are released if something pops up) did I mention they listen to the user? and give them what they want?
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Re: Help! please :)

Post by Kruszchev »

agree.... ive used several Nvidia cards... but only my ATI radeon 8500 le is damn better in the terms of working correctly compared to a GF ti4200 ive tested...
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."

Check who’s online