Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

OpenCarmageddon Demo released!

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

OpenCarmageddon Demo released!

Post by Razor »

Jeff has just released the OpenCarma demo!

Get the required resources then install the demo.

You can post your feedback on Jeff's blog or in his topic here or even here.

Direct download mirrors from Road Reaction:

OpenCarma.zip

PhysX

XNA Redis 3.0

XNA Redis 3.1

-http://devwam.toshiba-3.com/viewtopic.php?id=424

[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Re: OpenCarmageddon Demo released!

Post by Morbid Angel »

Wow !!!!!!!

It has been released !!!!!

I can't barely wait to test it !!!

I'm downloading it !

yaaaaay !!!!!!!

:grin:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

i find it crashes when clicking start race :/
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

Heh .... It crashed for me too.

I'm under win Vista ...

I tried :

- administrator mode

- Win XP SP2 compatibility mode

- Win 98 compatibility mode

but it crashes nonetheless.

I'll make a mail to the creator of the game with my configuration and everything I tried, it may help to improve the dev of the game.

:grin:

in the text file associated he said that the game sometimes crashes, so ... for the moment it is normal.

let's be patient ! the game have only been released !

:beer:

I'm sure it could be the next carmageddon fan game !

The code will be open sourced, it could begin the C4 everyone waited !

:thumbsup:
Killer11
hit n run

Post by Killer11 »

Get 1.1 it will work. But if you have an ATi card like I do, expect issues.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

I really wanna try it but I don't know if I can be arsed to get it running on Windows 7 64 :sad:
Killer11
hit n run

Post by Killer11 »

I am using Windows 7 64bit. All needed was to download 2 packages and install em. Same packages that jeff links you to.
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

I installed PhysX, then XNA Redis 3.0 and then XNA Redis 3.1 ...

But the game crashes when I try to launch a race.

I'm on Windows Vista ...

I just send a mail to Jeff with my configuration and what I tried, hoping that it could help him.

I Just have to be patient ...

I'm so impatient to test this game !

:lol:

Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

I did this but I either get 'OpenCarmageddon has stopped working' or 'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running..... etc etc'
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I tried running it without any of the other files; crashes.

With the 2 XNA files; crashes on race start and on car select screen.

With all 3 other files; crashes on race start and on car select screen.

[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Sweet it's working great now, I reinstalled XNA and it fired right up!

Really liking it so far, one odd thing I noticed though was after I wasted Screwie Lewie and drove past the wreck about 5 mins later his Body had vanished but the Wheels and Screw were still there smoking:

I also found the random Floating Peds amusing too, when you drive at them instead of screaming and running away they scream and start floating off into space! lol.

Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Ahh! Thats where Screwie went! :lol:

Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

Woooh !

You made it work ! Fine !

:grin: :thumbsup:

I tried to reinstall XNA 3.0 and 3.1

tried to reinstall PhysX

but it still fails on race launch ...

I've got to try further ...

:tongue:
|666HP|Trans-am
pedestrian

Post by |666HP|Trans-am »

When i press start game, the game crashed. i see the load screen for 2 seconds

Error message:

EventType: clr20r3 P1:opencarmageddon.exe P2: 1.0.0.0

P3:4cb909ce P4:opencarmageddon P5: 1.0.0.0 P6: 4cb909ce

P7: 18a P8: 1d P9: system.io.fileloadexeption

hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

damn i was in a business trip last 5 days and the link is down now due copyright problems. please provide somebody an somewhere uploaded pack
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

I can't download it too. Link is broken down... : /
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

It all make sense now why we haven't had a new Carmageddon. SquareEnix hold right on it! Yup, you read it right, the guys that just copy/paste Final Fantasy games one after the other has rights on our beloved game. How? I thought it was Stainless (or SCI) that had rights on Carma... So, they made a cease-and-desist letter for Carmageddon 1 open. Does that mean that each time one of us mod the game that Square can try to sue us?

Anyway, if any of you thought there would be a C4 game soon, we might as well forget it, as Square rather make game featuring Mickey Mouse and his friends plus emo characters than making something out of Carmageddon.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
The Outlaw
hit n run

Post by The Outlaw »

that does make sense.

Why arn't they after Harmalarm or Toshiba for their mods then?

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Tell em where they can shove their C&D!

Plus if they are so bothered over this why didn't they have a hissy fit over C2 Advanced?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

That's still not stuff that's a stand alone game like this is. You still need the game and with C2Advanced the game itself still holds the credits/isn't coded by someone else.
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

It all make sense now why we haven't had a new Carmageddon. SquareEnix hold right on it! Yup, you read it right, the guys that just copy/paste Final Fantasy games one after the other has rights on our beloved game. How? I thought it was Stainless (or SCI) that had rights on Carma... So, they made a cease-and-desist letter for Carmageddon 1 open. Does that mean that each time one of us mod the game that Square can try to sue us?

SquareEnix are a major world wide publisher these days. They're run by a bunch of cocks, sure, but a major publisher none the less. You do know they bought Eidos last year? SCI owned the rights to Carmageddon and renamed to Eidos after buying the original Eidos a while back. Carmageddon is pretty much just a copyright in Squenix's portfolio these days, among many other franchises.

And no, as long as the mods aren't infringing on Squenix's copyrights they can't sue over it. It would seem OpenC1 was sent a C&D because it was distributing the demo's content as it's game data and using "Carmageddon" in it's name. That is breach of copyright and it's up to them to sue over it, it's just surprising that they cared about it if they're not planning on making a new Carmageddon.
a.k.a. Brent
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

Maybe they are planning to release it... they might be just afraid about all the "violence" in the game.

And, of course, now there's Blood Drive coming, that is a big rip off from carmageddon, more than Clutch was.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

now there's Blood Drive coming
Hadn't seen that untill now, actually looks like good fun!
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

If they copy Carmageddon style, it'll be fun. but it'll still not be Carma : /
Kamikadze
driver

Post by Kamikadze »

This is great :shock: I don´t know what else to say. :lol:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I think Blood Drive will be about as much fun as Clutch was, not much; likewise with a new game with the Carmageddon title, I don't think it would be fun at all as the maim pedestrians with cars thing has been done to death (no pun intended), what would anyone hope to achieve out of a new 'Carmageddon'? Nothing, what with GTA being the forefront of vehicular violence these days, people don't care where it started, nor do they care about playing a game that they could play in a GTA title and be able to get out of the car.

Clutch and Blood Drive don't seem to be mainstream games because of this fact that everyone has seen it done before, same deal with a new Carmageddon. If a new Carmageddon was released I know I'd buy it and I'd enjoy it but that's only because I'm a huge fan of the game, other than that I feel it would just be the same old run-of-the-mill deal as before; Drive around, kill zombies (as opposed to humans), drive into things.

Plus someone would probably have the bright idea to add guns into the mix and the game wouldn't be Carmageddon anymore.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Technically Carmageddon has always had 'Guns/Projectile Weapons'.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

As powerups, yes. Not some working minigun glued to the top of a car.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

In my idea about a new Carma game, so no weapons other then powerups (more and alot crazier ones, like much more morbid or epic ones) destructable buildings like in latest FPS games, we're talking small maps like any Carma game but also ALOT of them. Any scenery thinkable :smile: Awesome graphics, blood mesh all over the car, drips off, dries up etc. Trees that knack in different way any time you drive against them. Buildings crumple making it unreachable to a checkpoint in the normal situation, have to go around in order to get there, unless all of the remaining was destroyed too, then racing ain't an option anymore in order to finish an event. Peds can be cut with blades in any way, see internals come out, some still struggle and live, others die instantly..same with a small impact, which already could be lethal. Cars tires can explode cause of wear or deflate cause of puncture. Much more improved C2 damage close to lifelike. Start with a junkster and while taking the first race, you already encounter (because in any game started, none will have the same spawned abandoned cars) abandoned cars, in order to steal them, you need to have a hook attached (you can make this in your garage between races, with the right tools/materials..but the combos you have to find at your own) with the hook, the drive up to the car you want (can be anything as they are left abandoned because of the apocalypse..) so sports cars, luxury etc etc. But also in the garage you can mod your vehicles with all sorts of stuff found in the garage's yard. Finetune the material with an workbench (with a grinder drills etc) but you can also get an abandon car to your garage and use anything from that (wheels, engine, seats...all of it) can be placed anywhere on your car (seats on the roof etc).

If a new Carma would come, they sure can extend it's gameplay..
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

That's quite the nice ideas, TTR, but I don't like the idea of post apoc. The first Carma wasn't set in a post apoc era, but an era more like the one of the movie "The Death Race 2000", aka a totalitarian country, that, to keep its populace under control has this event/reality show about a race where everything is ok, even killing peds and all, just like Rome had the Coliseum with the gladiators fights and as some kind of main event a bunch of christian people being eaten by the lions, tigers and the rest.

If you look correctly at C1 cars, most of them are new paint job, chrome parts with added spikes and all. Except for a few, C1 cars were clean, until you either damaged them enough so that they became black because of smoke or got splattered by blood.

Though, as I said previously, Enix owning the Carma name/rights will make it so that there will never be a new carmageddon. Enix is too occupied making the next Final Fantasy, or being a slave to Disney to care about making such a controversial game. We would need somebody to buy the Carmageddon franchise from 'em, but somehow, I don't think they're sellers.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

i like the idea of a apocalpse style setting
roadkill804
hit n run

Post by roadkill804 »

SoupaVedg is right about C1, but I'd also prefer the post-apoc and population control idea
I'm just a lurker.
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

When will the OpenCarma download link be back up? :sad:

If not can someone email OpenCarma to me?
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

I really wonder what happend to Wolverines c2o or to Jeffs XNA remake... Playing those games in good grafics Multiplayer mode would definitaley bridge the time until C:R is coming out!

Check who’s online