Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help please

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Turnip
driver

Help please

Post by Turnip »

ive created a track in sketchup but when i export it i got 40000 triangles in the 3ds file, is there any way to lower this as it wont start the track because of it. ive deleted as many unessessary triangles and got it down to a bare limit but still doing 39500 triangles, the thing is its only a short oval. please give me any ideas, thanks :beer:
Freddy
hit n run

Re: Help please

Post by Freddy »

Its those tyres Turnip far too 'round' = lots of polys...the ones against the wall could be replaced with a texture and the ones in the middle could be replaced with non cars...
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

ok mate, how can i get the tyre texture on the wall to make cars stick to it so it can be good for followins and also how do i add non cars, could i use your tyres on standlake? i have no idea about adding noncars and making the texture stickier. ive just been making really basic tracks lol
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Making the wall 'sticky' is done in the trackname.txt file, adding non cars is not that hard, theres a tutorial kicking about somewhere...
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

ok thanks mate :beer:
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

oh btw Turnip whats with the white edges on your model? I noticed it on your other track aswell?
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

i dont know, i made sure i got rid of all white faces when i textured it :confused:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

The white edges look almost like the top and sides aren't meeting the way they should. With the sides being taller. I see all sorts of hard edges in places where there shouldn't be, like on the left in the grass going under the fence.

Also:

If you're going to put a ton of tyres, you should make some really simple 8 or 10 sided ones, like the octagonal wheels on C1 cars.

Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

i made quite a simple model but the white lines are still there. i have no idea because i zoomed right into every connection and theres no gaps at all. i can send the sketchup file if anyone can help at all. thanks. :beer:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Attach your simple SKP to a reply here or send me via e-mail and I will take a look at the white edge thing. Maybe its nothing, but I just don't remember seeing it happen with my models.
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

ive sent it to your email mate. thanks
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

The white lines you are seeing are the edges of extra untextured polys inside your model

Go in and remove the line that connects the bottom of the triangle of the white poly to delete it.

Check who’s online