Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Vista a go go

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Defect
driver

Vista a go go

Post by Defect »

Wahoo. Now have C2 working in vista, with sound, with my Logitech G25 steering wheel!

Lovely! Now to download some mods!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Vista a go go

Post by coffeycup »

That's great news. If you have some time would you mind writing up the steps for both Vista and steering wheel? I'd make a sticky for both!
Defect
driver

Post by Defect »

Vista - Same as XP. Glidewrapper and 3dfx mode - and for the sound, run the carma2_hw.exe directly - god knows why the regular carma2.exe loader stops the sound working!

Steering wheel - simply plugged it in (usb) and started the game - it was automatically the steering!
REveAL
pedestrian

Post by REveAL »

defect - > how did you turn on sound in vista? Damm.... I can play carmageddon 2 under vista but i have not sound. I have official soundmax drivers for my (laptop) music card. I use carma 2 xp patch. Can anyone help me turn on sound in C2? When I run carma2.hw vista shows me error. I can run carmageddon 2 by autoloader
Defect
driver

Post by Defect »

That's simple: Use the carma2_hw.exe directly, instead of the loader.
REveAL
pedestrian

Post by REveAL »

that's my problem..i can not run it directly....vista shows me error when i open carma2.hw directly
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

carma2_hw.exe <<<<<<<<<< THIS ONE, ITS THAT! TO USE! TO OPEN!

and not carma2.hw

:grin:
REveAL
pedestrian

Post by REveAL »

I KNOW IT. carma2_hw.exe (I wrote carma2.hw beacause i did not want to check full name of this file.) carma2_hw.exe doesnt work fine in my vista system. I cannot play Carmageddon 2 with that file because after opening carma2_hw.exe, vista shows me message ("carma2_hw.exe stoped work") or sth like that beacause I have polish vista and i do not know exacly how it is written in english system.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Set compitable mode to win98?
REveAL
pedestrian

Post by REveAL »

Super v2 doesn't work too. When I set win98 compatibility mode I get message like in this link below.

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 138xu4.jpg

ps - I have Laptop Lenovo t61p with GeForce Quadro 570 FX and it shouldn't make any problems with that game because i can play Carmageddon 2 only by Carmageddon 2 autoloader but without sound. Opening carma2_hw.exe directly shows me "carma2_hw.exe stoped work" and when i set win98 mode i have message like in link. I have original Carmageddon 2 version. Fuck....I'm in 100% sure i DO NOT have any viruses on my system.

edited.

ik..i solved problem. I installed glidewrapper and game work but it goes in 3dfx mode....not direct3d... additionaly I have fog in carma 2 :smile: direct3d does not show fog.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Glidewrapper is supposed to go into 3dfx mode!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

There's an option in the option menu to set fog on/off? I just don't know if it worked on 3DFX mode with a glidewrapper.

Check who’s online