Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

MacCarpocalypse down!?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Amador
mechanic

MacCarpocalypse down!?

Post by Amador »

Oh no.. I hope this is just a temporary thing, this is one my favourite (if not THE favourite) site when it comes to Carma 2. I always considered this site to be the one of cornestones of the carma modding community.

Please tell me this site won't go to sleep forever :-(
Image "I'll be back."
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: MacCarpocalypse down!?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Oh it appears it's polygonized.com that's currently misbehaving.
I sent a message to Coffeycup to let him know. I hope it'll be back safely :smile:
Amador wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 amI always considered this site to be the one of cornestones of the carma modding community.
The way I see it, it IS the cornerstone of the community. Image

[EDIT] We'll have to wait for the time being, as someone got access to polygonized.com, messed it up. Coffeycup doesn't have the time to sort it yet. DTD and Evilrealm are unaffected.

[EDIT2] the whole of polygonized.com is currently down... I hope it'll come back :sad:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Amador
mechanic

Post by Amador »

Yep.. polygonized.com is still down unfortunately..
Image "I'll be back."
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:33 am [EDIT2] the whole of polygonized.com is currently down... I hope it'll come back :sad:
Were you able to get in touch with JC and find out what's happening?
Do we at least have a recent backup of Macarpocalypse, just in case?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, sadly Polygonized is probably gone for good and no backups at hand for the time being.

When I get some more time, I'll slowly start rebuilding the websites starting with EvilRealm to see how it goes. DTD and MacCarpoc will be a lot of work.
At some point, I guess I'll make a call for backups of files etc. Fortunately Starbuck backed entire websites up though that was 10 years ago. Also have other people's archives etc. It will take time :grin:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Well that explains that then. For what it's worth, wayback machine still has partly functional mirrors - even the downloads seem to work! :supercrazy:
Amador
mechanic

Post by Amador »

I have plenty of the cars from the site along with their thumbnail pictures (helps me find the right car in a folder :lol: )
so I can help in case someone makes a backup or tries to rebuild the site..

I fried my HDD... I had C2 collection for entire websites, 1000+ cars.. damn..
Image "I'll be back."

Check who’s online